Windows 10: my Windows Media Player, on Windows-10, has stopped working properly ...

Discus and support my Windows Media Player, on Windows-10, has stopped working properly ... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey. Several minutes ago, before I rebooted the system as a troubleshooting test for this problem, WMPlayer was refusing to run at all. A few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnReedAvery, Sep 10, 2018.

1. my Windows Media Player, on Windows-10, has stopped working properly ...

Hey.

Several minutes ago, before I rebooted the system as a troubleshooting test for this problem, WMPlayer was refusing to run at all.

A few days ago and then after the reboot, WMPlayer was/is completely crashing/exiting when I attempt to RIP anything from one of my CDs onto my laptop.

Before a few days ago, I've never had any notable problems with it (other than sometimes wishing that it's features worked somewhat differently or better).

Anybody have a clue as to how I can fix or replace my WMP-12?

Thanks.

:)

JohnReedAvery, Sep 10, 2018

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Sep 10, 2018
  4. my Windows Media Player, on Windows-10, has stopped working properly ...

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

my Windows Media Player, on Windows-10, has stopped working properly ...

1. my Windows Media Player, on Windows-10, has stopped working properly ... - Similar Threads - Media Player has

2. Every Media Player on my PC has stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every Media Player on my PC has stopped working: I played an audio track on the default media player, Winamp, and it worked fine. I then attempted to play another track and while it played there was no audio. I tried several more tracks and same result. I then opened one of those same tracks with another media player and it...
  3. Every Media Player on my PC has stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every Media Player on my PC has stopped working: I played an audio track on the default media player, Winamp, and it worked fine. I then attempted to play another track and while it played there was no audio. I tried several more tracks and same result. I then opened one of those same tracks with another media player and it...
  4. Every Media Player on my PC has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Media Player has stopped ripping Cds.

Windows Media Player has stopped ripping Cds.: Windows Media Player has stopped ripping Cds. Operating system Windows 10 on PC. Can anyone tell me how to I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-has-stopped-ripping-cds/5036c920-e974-4c44-9888-8f61fc314a90
  6. Windows Media Player - has support stopped for Windows 10??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player - has support stopped for Windows 10??: Hi. I just carried out a Windows 10 routine update and am now noticing that Windows Media Player (12) isn't working any more? I followed up your webpage advises (Apps & Features etc) restarted a couple of times - even tried uninstall - but nothing seems to work! So am I stuck...
  7. WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER not working properly

WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER not working properly: I tried to Update "Apply Media Changes" and received an error message that it failed. It said to use the Repair Tool that came up on the screen. I did and now my library is completely messed up and incomplete! I have been receiving other error messages off and on for some...
  8. Windows Media Player not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player not working properly: While playing any CD in Windows Media Player, it stops playing the song after approximately 3 minutes of play and then it says no disc in drive. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  9. Window Media Player as stopped working

Window Media Player as stopped working: Windows Media player as stopped working You Get this error if you double click on a file. "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file." no error codes like an update disabled it. I was looking for a way to Reinstall or upgrade. Can not find a version...
  10. windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop

windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop: windows media player stopped working on windows 10 desktop. worked fine for 3 years. will not open today. any suggestions appreciated. thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows media player quit working

2. fix windows media player 12 for windows 10 cd plays then stops

3. reason the window media player quit playing cd on a windows ten computer

4. my windows media player not working correctly