Windows 10: My windows messed up after I deleted something

Discus and support My windows messed up after I deleted something in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 2 memory drives, a small 256 ssd and a 1tb HDD, my ssd used to be my default memory drive that would house my windows files but I changed all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SufferMyWrathBoi, Nov 11, 2020.

1. My windows messed up after I deleted something

I have 2 memory drives, a small 256 ssd and a 1tb HDD, my ssd used to be my default memory drive that would house my windows files but I changed all the settings to make my HDD my default one, since my ssd is too small and can't handle much. After like a year I never use my ssd and notice it still being filled up by something but I can't spot what, I wanted to download a large extracted file, the zipped version of it was auto downloaded to my HDD and I extract it in the same drive, but after around 30% of the extraction it says my drive is full and I can't downloaded, but my drive is less then half full, I check all my drives and see that for some reason, this file that I downloaded on my HDD for some reason filled up my ssd even though I never touched my ssd, to fix this I wanted to remove some stuff, there were 2 different folders called "windows", one of them had a ".old" in the end of it, I deleted that one which was around 100gb, the other folder was the exact same, but after that, it deleted all my files on my desktop (which by the way is based on my HDD, not my ssd, so somehow deleting this file In my ssd removed my desktop icons on my HDD), all my school folders on my desktop, important files, gone, and they were not in my recycle bin, all I see is a dump.tmp file, my shortcuts were disconnected. Because of this I have a few questions... 1. How do I recover my files 2. How do I make it so I move all my files to my HDD and COMPLETELY stop using my ssd (including my windows save)

submitted by /u/SufferMyWrathBoi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SufferMyWrathBoi, Nov 11, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Nov 11, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 11, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

My windows messed up after I deleted something

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

My windows messed up after I deleted something

1. My windows messed up after I deleted something - Similar Threads - messed deleted something

2. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  3. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  4. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My sound is no longer working after I messed with something

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound is no longer working after I messed with something: I was trying to stop my active hard disk from always showing 100%. I tried using command prompt to stop "sysmain" and that didn't work, then I used regedit to make an adjustment to "StorAHCI.sys" driver and it fixed the issue. Problem is, after restarting, in noticed my sound...
  6. My sound is no longer working after I messed with something

My sound is no longer working after I messed with something: I was trying to stop my active hard disk from always showing 100%. I tried using command prompt to stop "sysmain" and that didn't work, then I used regedit to make an adjustment to "StorAHCI.sys" driver and it fixed the issue. Problem is, after restarting, in noticed my sound...
  7. I messed up my windows registry

in Windows 10 Customization
    I messed up my windows registry: Background story: So i was working on a chatbot in python. The module I was using for text to speech was pyttsx3. It used microsoft voices. I wanted to add more voices and use them. So I intsalled Microsoft James via the settings and tried to use it in pyttsx3, but it didn't...
  8. Something is up with Youtube (Messed up Layout)

in Browsers and Email
    Something is up with Youtube (Messed up Layout): I was watching some videos on youtube, catching up on my watch later playlist, then when I got done, I planned on looking up some car maintenance vids. Then out of nowhere, youtube's layout went screwy. I use google chrome (stable, version 68.0.3440.106), and I use the...
  9. Something messed up with PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Something messed up with PIN: I had to forcibly reboot my Windows 10 14342 machine today and when it came back fingerprint wasn't working saying there was no PIN set. I had set one, figured I could add it back. I go into Sign in options and it says 'Add a PIN' I click on that and it asks me for my PIN,...
  10. Something messed up in windows 10

Something messed up in windows 10: *Sick This might be a little hard for me to explain, but, I will try... My windows 10 gets in a condition where if I try to use some apps, like the built in weather app,, or the calculator, it will pop up a big notice that says: "this app can't open with the built in...