Windows 10: My Windows password keeps being changed

Discus and support My Windows password keeps being changed in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; On several occasions, I have been notified via e-mail that my Windows password has been changed. When checking the security info in the received... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IoanaC, Dec 2, 2020.

1. IoanaC Win User

My Windows password keeps being changed

On several occasions, I have been notified via e-mail that my Windows password has been changed. When checking the security info in the received e-mail, I have noticed an unknown phone number.

I have already activated the two-way sign in, changed the Windows password as well as e-mail password and removed all trusted devices just in case. I have also checked my security info once again and there is no phone number other than mine. Why does this keep happening and how can I prevent this from happening again?

Any support on this topic would be much appreciated.

:)

IoanaC, Dec 2, 2020

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 2, 2020
  4. My Windows password keeps being changed

account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    Microsoft account | Sign In or Create Your Account Today – Microsoft

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

My Windows password keeps being changed

1. My Windows password keeps being changed - Similar Threads - password keeps being

2. Windows keeps asking me to change my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps asking me to change my password: Hi. I have a problem with windows 10. Every few weeks, I am told that my password expired and needs to be changed. This was not happening earlier. So, could someone please suggest a fix for this issue?...
  3. Windows keeps asking me to change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps asking me to change my password: Hi. I have a problem with windows 10. Every few weeks, I am told that my password expired and needs to be changed. This was not happening earlier. So, could someone please suggest a fix for this issue?...
  4. Windows keeps asking me to change my password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Mail app keeps changing my password to the wrong password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mail app keeps changing my password to the wrong password: This question has come up before with 100's of confirmations, but no real answers from Microsoft. These people including myself need a fix, pronto. The mail settings stores the wrong password and cannot access mail....
  6. Being told to change my password on every bootup.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Being told to change my password on every bootup.: Split from this thread. It isn't me making this request. I have tried to change my password several times, but I have ben unsuccessful! I keep getting a message to change my password every time I bootup my computer. I don't know what to do! Rob...
  7. Microsoft password keeps being requested

Microsoft password keeps being requested: I am on Windows 10 Home and running outlook as my email program. Ihave several accounts on it but the only account I have a problem with is my outlook.com account which keeps asking me to re-enter my password several times a day despite me clicking "remember me" box - why is...
  8. Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not allowed to change password or sign in options after being prompted to change my pin...: Sorry for the large pictures, I can't shrink the them in this format. So I woke up this morning sleepily and fumbled with my keyboard as I tried to sign in with my finger print scanner. As I did that I was told that my organization is forcing me to change my password. I...
  9. continually being told my password is incorrect despite changing it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    continually being told my password is incorrect despite changing it.: My password login was disabled. Suddenly yesterday I was asked to provide a password to login to my pc. I created a new password but am being told every time I try to login that my password is incorrect. I have tried disabling it again with no success. What is going on here....
  10. my apple email password keep changing by itself

my apple email password keep changing by itself: Hi, When I try to create my apple email account in the email windows app. It keep changing my password by itself and doesn't transfer or sync my apple emails. This is what I did: went to Mail Add account Choose ICloud add my apple email address I add my name in send...