Windows 10: My windows pc keeps freezing 2 minutes after startup

Discus and support My windows pc keeps freezing 2 minutes after startup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hope someone can help me with some problems I have with my windows PC. It keeps freezing after startup and I have been trying to find out what it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Stokvisss, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Stokvisss Win User

My windows pc keeps freezing 2 minutes after startup

I hope someone can help me with some problems I have with my windows PC. It keeps freezing after startup and I have been trying to find out what it is but nothing works.

So what happens is the following: whenever I start my pc it does okay, untill I load in some programs (not really heavy programs, just things like FireFox, sublime text editor, task manager). After loading the programs it tends to freeze and it won't unfreeze, which makes me force a restart. It mostly happens just 1 or 2 times in the morning and then proceeds to do fine the rest of the day without any freezes.

Some important facts:

- I think my CPU usage is at 100% while the freezes happen, temperature is around 40-50 degrees Celsius after startup

- About 2 months ago it started with a message showing up that windows kernel mode driver was crashing (I still used windows 8 back then), nowadays I do not get this message anymore (I upgraded to windows 10) but it still freezes the same way

- Specs: Intel i5 4460 @ 3.2Ghz quadcore / 8gb RAM / 125gbSSD (with windows installed on it) / 1tb HDD / GeForce 760 / Gigabyte Z97P-D3 motherboard

- Audio as well as video output will freeze

- I already tried scanning all hardware and software, already installed a fresh copy of windows, already applied new cooling paste. Malwarebytes, sfc scannow, other antiviruses etc all give nothing.

I have built this pc myself and have never had any problems with it untill 2 months ago, I know quite a lot about pc's and hardware but this seems to be something out of my reach, and that's why I am asking here now. Thanks in advance for the help!

:)

Stokvisss, Oct 10, 2019
  2. Mario-M Win User

Windows 10 freezes for 2 minutes after startup

Hello,

My Windows 10 freezes not directly at startup, but after it. I start my computer up, I log in with password, and then I get on the desktop. I can open anything, but after 1 minute my computer instantly freezes. I can still move my mouse around, but can't
    select anything. This problem occured today, but I didn't really install anything vital yesterday, except for a folder for a game inside my localappdata. I doubt that's the thing that is freezing my pc. So yeah, after 1 min of being logged in my screen freezes,
    and I can only move mouse and nothing else. This freeze lasts for about 1-2 minutes, and then I can completely use the computer again. So I can still use my computer, it's just annoying that I have to wait for my computer to unfreeze. What can I do to help
    this problem? I'd like to try some things before eventually returning this pc to the company that built it.

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers.

Mario-M, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Oct 10, 2019
  4. My windows pc keeps freezing 2 minutes after startup

PC keeps freezing. Windows 10 Home.

Hi!

My PC keeps freezing, requiring me to do a hard boot after approx. 20 minutes of activity . Windows 10 Home. Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated.

Frustrated123ABC, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

My windows pc keeps freezing 2 minutes after startup

1. My windows pc keeps freezing 2 minutes after startup - Similar Threads - keeps freezing minutes

2. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  3. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repair but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  4. pc freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes after startup: My pc freezes after startup. Once pc starts up and is ready to log in, it will freeze. holding the power button and turning it back on makes it work fine after. Ive tried running startup repari but I always get the prompt " C:\Windows\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ". Ive...
  5. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  6. PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes

PC freezing and restarting after 2-3 minutes: Hello,I've been having this issue for a while and it has resurfaced once again. After checking the windows reliability monitor I am met with these issues:The hardware errors I do not know how to solve. However I believe them to be associated to my graphics card, as the issues...
  7. Pc Freezes after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc Freezes after startup: Hi my pc has been being weird lately. For a while it wouldn’t let me install the correct driver but a few days ago it finally seemed like everything was fine. Now, this morning I’ve tried to turn on my pc but as soon as I open a chrome tab it freezes and sends me to the bios...
  8. Pc Freezes after startup

Pc Freezes after startup: Hi my pc has been being weird lately. For a while it wouldn’t let me install the correct driver but a few days ago it finally seemed like everything was fine. Now, this morning I’ve tried to turn on my pc but as soon as I open a chrome tab it freezes and sends me to the bios...
  9. PC freezes after startup

PC freezes after startup: Hello, I have installed Windows 11 on my new PC, but unfortunately after 2 days my PC freezes on startup and restarts and startup in BIOS, i cant see my NVME drive. After couple of restarts i came to Windows but after 30 seconds - 1 min it freezes again. I cant post a log...
  10. Chivalry 2 keeps crashing, freezing or hanging at startup on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Chivalry 2 keeps crashing, freezing or hanging at startup on PC: [ATTACH]Chivalry 2 is a paradise for someone who likes playing action games. It got excellent Graphics on top of a captivating storyline. Unfortunately, some gamers are unable to enjoy the game. According to them Chivalry 2 is crashing on their computer. Sometimes, the game...