Windows 10: My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected...

Discus and support My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Good afternoon from India. I hope you are fine. I have a raspberry pi 3b model, so I installed Raspbian OS into the SD card and mounted it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mohammad Arshad Ali, Apr 24, 2020.

1. My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected...

Hello, Good afternoon from India. I hope you are fine.

I have a raspberry pi 3b model, so I installed Raspbian OS into the SD card and mounted it into my PI. Finally connected it to my laptop with Ethernet cable hoping everything works.

My Setup:

My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected... 751258db-8c23-4321-9413-ef23f302442c?upload=true.png

But I find that my PC didn't get network access to pi.

My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected... 1ee3ba34-2904-42a0-adc2-ceb2cda50809?upload=true.png

And then I diagnosed my Ethernet Connection to find the following issue.

My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected... a8f26a8b-3289-4e7c-ab53-72562d5ede8d?upload=true.png

Finding that "Netsh is a command-line scripting utility that allows you to, either locally or remotely, display or modify the network configuration of a running computer." from https://blog.pcrisk.com/windows/12775-ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration, I ran the following commands in command prompt Run as Admin

netsh winsock reset
    netsh int ip reset

I found Access is denied for netsh int ip reset command.

My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected... 3881f3ce-03c4-48f0-bfda-cd744126120c?upload=true.png
    I felt, "Aha!, I found the problem." I went to Registry Editor and opened Permission for 26 to find that Full control check box is unchecked. I checked it and restarted my laptop. Referred from https://davidvielmetter.com/tricks/netsh-int-ip-reset-says-access-denied/

My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected... 0709fe3e-db76-4f00-b3b5-173bed843ea6?upload=true.png

After restarting I got Allow this ApplicationRegistry Editor to make changes to your system. "Yes! It solved", I felt but alas I was back to square one. Full Control check box is unchecked and Ethernet did not have any valid IP configuration.

So I think if Full control remains checked, IP config issue will be solved. What should I do guys?

Stay Home and Stay Safe.

Let's exterminate COVID-19 by following social distancing.

:)

Mohammad Arshad Ali, Apr 24, 2020

2. Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks

I have a Raspberry Pi that is running samba to share with the Windows network. In Run, I enter \\Raspi and it comes right up with the appropriate shares. That means the samba shares are actually there, yet when I open Networks, all my computers are there except the Raspi.

To try to fix this:
    1. I rebooted both the Pi and my PC
    2. I double checked the samba configuration and checked it with testparm
    3. I made certain the samba and pi passwords are the same
    4. I found a list of PC services that need to be running and set them all to automatic

Again, all my PC's and some devices like my Roku and printer are visible, just not the Pi.

Suggestions?

PickyBiker, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 IoT failed to start on Raspberry PI 3, status : 0x000014c

Hi,

I installed Windows 10 IoT on Raspberry PI 3, through Windows 10 IoT Dashboard. when it boot first time, it worked well till the screen of wifi, but after I connected the Raspberry PI to WiFi Network, there was a gray screen, then I disconnected the Power
    of raspberry PI and reconnected it again, I got a message from Windows boot Manager : Windows Filed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.

I am using SD card SanDisk Ultra microSDHC UHS-1 16 GB.

any idea to solve that issue.

Thanks.

Update : I removed the SD card and plug it again, it worked fine for first time, when I restarted the device, it showed the same error.

MohamedHefnawy, Apr 24, 2020
  4. My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected...

connection to thumb drive on raspberry pi that is connected to my network

Hello StephenRoberson1,

The Raspberry Pi is not a Microsoft product. Your question would be better for a forum specifically about them or asked to the manufacturer directly.

-Michael C.-, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected...

1. My windows PC shows 'Access Type: No network access' to Raspberry Pi 3 when connected... - Similar Threads - shows 'Access Type

2. Windows pc 10 on Raspberry Pi

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows pc 10 on Raspberry Pi: HelloI have a Raspberry Pi and I consider to install Windows 10 on it. I had read this page https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=318599. I don’t know if this is legal. As always they tell it is legal. But now I ask on Microsoft Forum to be sure...
  3. ARM64 build for Raspberry Pi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ARM64 build for Raspberry Pi: Hello, I'm running the ARM64 build on a Raspberry Pi. For the Linux version of an OS, you can edit some of the startup options by editing /boot/config.txt and I was given the option of changing parameters similarly when creating the bootable medium. I'm trying to set an...
  4. Windows 10 and Samba - Raspberry Pi 3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 and Samba - Raspberry Pi 3: I know everyone in this forum is probably sick of this scenario but I would still like the input if you have it. I have searched the forum and I see that this is a common problem which is more often than not blamed on Samba. Could be but ... I am using a Toshiba S75-A laptop...
  5. windows iot raspberry pi bluescreen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows iot raspberry pi bluescreen: I kept on having this bluescreen of death error. please help.. I am using Windows IoT 10 17763.107 build on Raspberry pi 3B. This is recurring every time my rpi is running for several hours. on startup everything seems ok, then after a few hours i am having this bluescreen...
  6. windows 10 ARM ISO image for raspberry pi 3

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 ARM ISO image for raspberry pi 3: I am trying to get a build for windows 10 ARM for raspberry pi 3. From https://uupdump.ml/ I got the build for the following disc image file: 17134.1550.200602-1741.RS4_RELEASE_SVC_PROD1_CLIENTPRO_OEMRET_A64FRE_EN-US The WOA deployer for raspberry pi wants a .WIM windows...
  7. connection to thumb drive on raspberry pi that is connected to my network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connection to thumb drive on raspberry pi that is connected to my network: I have installed a raspberry pi3B+ connected via Ethernet cable on my network and have since inserted a thumb drive to it. I am having difficulty knowing how to make that thumb and its contents available on my network. I need help step by step on how to get it recognized...
  8. How to install Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi 3

in Windows 10 News
    How to install Windows 10 on Raspberry Pi 3: [ATTACH] The Internet of Things is a collection of interconnected smart devices. When a device is connected to the internet to enhance its abilities, it is called a smart device. Smart devices come in various sizes – as small as a [...] This post How to install Windows 10 on...
  9. Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trouble seeing Raspberry Pi in Networks: I have a Raspberry Pi that is running samba to share with the Windows network. In Run, I enter \\Raspi and it comes right up with the appropriate shares. That means the samba shares are actually there, yet when I open Networks, all my computers are there except the Raspi....
  10. Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 IoT Core support for Raspberry Pi 3: This morning, the Raspberry Pi Foundation announced availability of their new board—the Raspberry Pi 3. We’re excited to have Windows 10 support the new board via a new Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview update available for download today. The new Raspberry Pi 3 board is...