Windows 10: My Windows Photo Viewer cannot display image properly Turns Black

Discus and support My Windows Photo Viewer cannot display image properly Turns Black in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all,My windows photo viewer app works perfectly when opening photos but it doesn't work on photos that were created by photoshop with the option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Willy7593, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Willy7593 Win User

My Windows Photo Viewer cannot display image properly Turns Black

Hello all,My windows photo viewer app works perfectly when opening photos but it doesn't work on photos that were created by photoshop with the option japan color 2001 coated checked.For example, when I open the image, it appears half a second as normal like this.Then after a second, it turns greyish black.All photos created with the option checked experience this problem.Please help us!!!We've reinstalled the color profile inside color management and reinstalled the photo app but the problem still occurs.Looking forward to seeing a solution soon!Thanks

:)

Willy7593, Jul 14, 2021

2. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jul 14, 2021
  3. Black transparent image not visible in Photos Viewer (Windows 10)

Hello,

I have a concern regarding Photo Viewer in Windows 10. As i am a frequent user of windows i came up with this issue.

Black transparent images not visible in Photos Viewer because Photo Viewer also have black background. So how can I set to another background or it is by-default black background?

Below Screenshot related to the issue.

My Windows Photo Viewer cannot display image properly Turns Black 139013e4-73a5-415e-bdfe-3c0eae9970e7.png

Raeesh Alam, Jul 14, 2021
  4. cheeesus Win User

How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Jul 14, 2021
Thema:

1. My Windows Photo Viewer cannot display image properly Turns Black - Similar Threads - Photo Viewer cannot

2. Windows Photo Viewer displays darker images / missing brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photo Viewer displays darker images / missing brightness: ...the same problem here ; it solves only by uninstall and delete the manufacturers monitor-driver via device manager .win10 22h2 , lenovo p24h10 okay , nothing graphical or else seems to suffer without that driver , i will stay with this way with the WPV ....
  3. Windows Photo Viewer displays darker images / missing brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photo Viewer displays darker images / missing brightness: ...the same problem here ; it solves only by uninstall and delete the manufacturers monitor-driver via device manager .win10 22h2 , lenovo p24h10 okay , nothing graphical or else seems to suffer without that driver , i will stay with this way with the WPV ....
  4. Windows Photo Viewer displays darker images / missing brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Photo viewer is not displaying all images--WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo viewer is not displaying all images--WIndows 11: HiNew computer and new WIndows 11. Photo viewer is skipping images or sometimes won't even give me the side arrows to proceed viewing other images in the folder. You can see in the screen grab there are 2 jpg images same format as the first and it is skipping them to go to an...
  6. Photo viewer is not displaying all images--WIndows 11

Photo viewer is not displaying all images--WIndows 11: HiNew computer and new WIndows 11. Photo viewer is skipping images or sometimes won't even give me the side arrows to proceed viewing other images in the folder. You can see in the screen grab there are 2 jpg images same format as the first and it is skipping them to go to an...
  7. Photos turns purple on Photo Viewer

Photos turns purple on Photo Viewer: When I open my photos on my main monitor it turns purple but every thing is fine except the photo and when I drag the window of the photo viewer on my second monitor the photo turn back to normal...
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer turning black/negative.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer turning black/negative.: It happen after Windows updated to latest version. I have done all the necessary troubleshooting I found on here so far all of it couldn't solve this issue.and lastly I don't have a restore point. which should've included to create one if there is an update.It's fine for...
  9. Photo Viewer Image Compression

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Viewer Image Compression: Hi,Does the Windows Photo Viewer automatically compress pictures to edit them? I took some portraits for my niece that I'd like to edit, but it's compressing them from a large file to a small one, which I don't want. Ex. The picture starts out as 7.8MB & ends up as 1MB.I know...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer Shows Black Image Randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Photo Viewer Shows Black Image Randomly: I've been talking to tech support on twitter for 3 days. They keep sending me to threads and telling me to reset my apps and reinstall the windows photo app, which is difficult if not impossible. https://youtu.be/7M6N1ie13u8 Here is a video of me trying the last thread they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photo viewer dark pictures profile

2. windows image viewer covered with color

3. windows photo viewer turns black