Windows 10: My Windows Pro product key got scratched and I need to downgrade cause my laptop is lagging...

Discus and support My Windows Pro product key got scratched and I need to downgrade cause my laptop is lagging... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Windows Pro product key got scratched. I used to have Windows 7 then i upgraded to Windows 10 but my laptop started to lag very hard. A lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by AdamMostafa1, Jan 23, 2021.

1. My Windows Pro product key got scratched and I need to downgrade cause my laptop is lagging...

My Windows Pro product key got scratched. I used to have Windows 7 then i upgraded to Windows 10 but my laptop started to lag very hard. A lot of programs doesn't work because I have low specs on my laptop.I wanted to downgrade again but my window.old file got deleted. How do I get an official copy of Windows 7 Pro without the product key because it got scratched?

:)

AdamMostafa1, Jan 23, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Usable Product Keys for Enterprise downgrade to Pro

Hello wetenhr, and welcome to Ten Forums. My Windows Pro product key got scratched and I need to downgrade cause my laptop is lagging... :)

You could downgrade to Windows 10 Pro using the generic key under step 1. You'll still be using the same version that you currently have installed, but you will be able to update to the latest version and build via Windows Update.

When it's finished downgrading, you could try to activate Windows 10 Pro with your Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate key. If unsuccessful, you may need to purchase a Windows 10 Pro key from the Store to use to activate with.

Brink, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Product Key not valid for downgrade

The problem is Microsoft never handled it.

Downgrade rights is handled by Lenovo, etc.

This is the information I saved before Microsoft pulled it:

Here is the information about Downgrade rights. It is an old Microsoft link which they removed but the information still apples>

Device Partner Center

Downgrade rights for Windows software
    The following OEM versions of Windows software are eligible for downgrade rights.

[table][tr][td]Windows 10 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 8.1 Pro
    • Windows 7 Professional
    [/td][td]Windows 8.1 Pro includes downgrade rights to:
    • Windows 7 Professional
    • Windows Vista Business
    [/td][td]Windows 7 Professional and Windows 7 Ultimate include downgrade rights to:
    • Windows Vista Business and Windows Vista Ultimate
    • Windows XP Professional, Windows XP Tablet PC Edition, or Windows XP x64 Edition
    Note Other OEM Windows 7 versions (for example, Windows 7 Home Basic and Windows 7 Home Premium) do not include downgrade rights.[/td][/tr][/table]

Note downgrade rights are only available as long as Microsoft provides support for that earlier version,
    as outlined in the
    Windows lifecycle fact sheet

Steps for an end user to downgrade Windows software
    To downgrade eligible Windows software, end users must:

• Purchase a PC preinstalled with Windows software.
    • Accept the Microsoft Software License Terms.
    • Perform the downgrade process to the eligible downgrade product using the media/key from a genuine, previously licensed OEM or retail product.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

That's why I advise you to contact Lenovo.

Bill Smithers, Jan 23, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

My Windows Pro product key got scratched and I need to downgrade cause my laptop is lagging...

Usable Product Keys for Enterprise downgrade to Pro

Is the computer still joined to the company's domain?

If so, leave the domain, and see if you are able to change the product key to downgrade to Pro.

Brink, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

My Windows Pro product key got scratched and I need to downgrade cause my laptop is lagging...

1. My Windows Pro product key got scratched and I need to downgrade cause my laptop is lagging... - Similar Threads - Pro product key

2. I need my windows product key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my windows product key.: Dear Sir, I have bought a used laptop with it's Sticker label of windows product key, There is some latters are not readable, so i can't activate my windows as geniune. please help me....
  3. I need my windows product key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need my windows product key.: Dear Sir, I have bought a used laptop with it's Sticker label of windows product key, There is some latters are not readable, so i can't activate my windows as geniune. please help me....
  4. I need my product key!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my product key!: I have product key but it is not so clear,some letters are little bit erased.its product ID 00196048396370 and Edition ID X15-53758.please help me to get my windows product key....
  5. I need my product key!

I need my product key!: I have product key but it is not so clear,some letters are little bit erased.its product ID 00196048396370 and Edition ID X15-53758.please help me to get my windows product key....
  6. I need my product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need my product key: My computer crashed and I don't have access to my Window's Product Key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-product-key/0886c177-04df-446b-a8c2-d24d7ee36f0e
  7. I need my product key

I need my product key: My computer crashed and I don't have access to my Window's Product Key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-product-key/0886c177-04df-446b-a8c2-d24d7ee36f0e
  8. I need my Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need my Windows 10 Pro Upgrade Product Key: Hi , I bought Windows 10 Pro online from the Microsoft Store on the 29 May 2020, but there was NO Product Key given for my purchased upgrade. I have purchased a new HP Envy Laptop with Windows 10 Home edition and want to upgrade now again to Windows 10 Pro. I didn't receive a...
  9. I need my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I need my product key: I put new keyboard in and need recovery key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-product-key/2778917b-34af-429c-9939-a90f5f7820f7
  10. I need my product key

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    I need my product key: I cant find my product key. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-product-key/48b3d79b-80f5-411c-99f1-fdbb1e878572"