Windows 10: my windows program files disapeared, and now when i start my pc, it boots up in sasfe mode,...

Discus and support my windows program files disapeared, and now when i start my pc, it boots up in sasfe mode,... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; does anyone know where my windows program files went, and how do boot without safe mode?.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RAYMOYER, Apr 13, 2019.

1. RAYMOYER Win User

my windows program files disapeared, and now when i start my pc, it boots up in sasfe mode,...

does anyone know where my windows program files went, and how do boot without safe mode?.

:)

RAYMOYER, Apr 13, 2019

2. Program files take time to load on PC and Skype application will crash on Windows 10.

Hello Kimimaru,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you check if you are able to access the program folder when Skype is not launched?
    • Did you check if similar issue persists when the PC is booted in
      Safe mode?

You may be facing the above issue due to the incomplete installation, missing components or corrupted application files of Skype on your PC.

Method 1: I suggest you to access the program folder when the Skype application is not launched on the PC.

Method 2: If you are not able to access the program folder, perform Safe mode and clean boot procedures on the PC by following the steps below.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot your PC in
    Safe mode
    by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words
    Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Reboot the PC to exit from Safe mode.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on
    Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue persists, perform
    Clean boot
    on your PC by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

I suggest you to perform clean boot by following the steps from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

You can open the system configuration window in Windows 10:

a. Using run command.

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.

• Type msconfig.msc and press
      Enter

b. Using Cortana.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      msconfig.

• Select the top most search result.

Follow the steps from 3 under How to perform a clean boot
    for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for
    Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section,
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    from the link above.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 13, 2019
  3. Programs are starting to not save files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the frustration when things don't work as expected.

I would require some more information to help you better.

• Are you the administrator user of computer?

• Did you check with different user account?

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

Place the computer in Safe mode and if the issue does not occur place the computer in Clean Boot and check for the issue.

Step 1: Safe mode.

Safe Mode:

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: Clean Boot.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts. Follow these steps given in the link below to start the computer in clean boot

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note:After you have finished clean boot, follow these steps to boot to normal startup.

a) Press the ‘Windows + R’ key on the keyboard.

b) In the ‘Run’ windows type ’MSCONFIG’ and click ‘Ok’.

c) On the ‘General’ tab, click the ‘Normal Startup’ option, and then click ‘OK’.

d) When you are prompted to restart the computer, click ‘Restart

Hope this helps resolving the issue, if issue persists do get back to us we will be glad to help you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 13, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

my windows program files disapeared, and now when i start my pc, it boots up in sasfe mode,...

Visual Studio Just-In-Time Debugger Start up program when i boot the PC.

Hi WantedStarling,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. When did the issue started on the computer?
    2. Were there any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    3. Do you have Visual Studio application installed on the computer?

This issue is an indication of the startup programs or the debugger settings. I suggest you to follow the steps given below and let us know the results.

Method 1: Disable debugger.

1. Press windows and R key together at the keyboard and type:
      Inetcpl.cpl
    2. Go to Advanced tab.
    3. Put a checkmark in "Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)" and "Disable Script Debugging (Others)".
    4. Click on Apply and OK. Restart the computer and check if the issue is fixed. Otherwise go to Method 2.

Method 2:
    Launch PC in Safe mode and clean boot.

Please refer this Safe
    mode
    article and start the PC in safe mode.
    After logging into safe mode, start the PC in clean boot. Follow the Microsoft article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows.In
    the Startup tab of msconfig take a look at which are the unusual programs running or programs related to Visual Studio. Let us know if the issue persist in clean boot too.

Note:
    A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Your computer may temporarily
    lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can. We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 13, 2019
Thema:

1. my windows program files disapeared, and now when i start my pc, it boots up in sasfe mode,... - Similar Threads - program files disapeared

2. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....: Hi I Changed The Boot Settings Number of processors option to max and now i cant start my pc I Have One SSD And One HDD When I Started my pc with ssd this is happening and when i started with hdd it works but the hdd is sloww now im asking help from the hdd I dont know what...
  3. i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i changed boot setting in msconfig my pc is not starting now....: Hi I Changed The Boot Settings Number of processors option to max and now i cant start my pc I Have One SSD And One HDD When I Started my pc with ssd this is happening and when i started with hdd it works but the hdd is sloww now im asking help from the hdd I dont know what...
  4. Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?: i checked my programs that boot up when I launch my pc and I found "Program" boots up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-say-program-boot-up-when-i-start-my-pc/4430de7d-6915-4f35-9322-b0ef3b019ca1
  5. Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?: i checked my programs that boot up when I launch my pc and I found "Program" boots up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-say-program-boot-up-when-i-start-my-pc/4430de7d-6915-4f35-9322-b0ef3b019ca1
  6. Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC: I had both Spotify and translucentTB enabled before I restarted my PC and it keeps disabling itself. I checked their settings and its told its enabled but in Task Manager they AREN'T. Any open suggestions?...
  8. My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC: I had both Spotify and translucentTB enabled before I restarted my PC and it keeps disabling itself. I checked their settings and its told its enabled but in Task Manager they AREN'T. Any open suggestions?...
  9. My start up programs keep disabling after booting up my PC

10. Two files open up when i start my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two files open up when i start my pc: When ever I start my pc, two terminal files open up for a second, I think they are from system32 because I managed to read the path once which was the title of the terminal file. Whenever only one file opens up an error is shown (svchost.exe application error 0xc0000005) I...