Windows 10: My windows service is stocked in disable..

Discus and support My windows service is stocked in disable.. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; About a week ago, my windows update suddenly stops, so i search the solution in internet but i don't find any related solution. when i try to set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A frustrated guy, Nov 24, 2021.

1. My windows service is stocked in disable..

About a week ago, my windows update suddenly stops, so i search the solution in internet but i don't find any related solution. when i try to set windows update service from disable to automatic it says 'Access is Denied".

:)

A frustrated guy, Nov 24, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 24, 2021
  3. johnspack Win User
    Windows 7 services

You should just know which services to set to manual, there are a ton of them, starting with xp. The time service is the first one... unless you set it up properly, just disable it. Then remote registry, I don't need anyone else messing with my registry... disable, I don't use themes, disable, there are a few others too, then things like adobe update service, not needed, disable... it's not that hard to figure out what you can disable, or at least put to manual.
    Edit: if you need suggestions, get The Ultimate Troubleshooter, not free, but it will show you how to do much of this.

johnspack, Nov 24, 2021
  4. My windows service is stocked in disable..

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile My windows service is stocked in disable.. :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

My windows service is stocked in disable..

1. My windows service is stocked in disable.. - Similar Threads - service stocked disable

2. Services disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Services disabled: I have a Dell Alienware Aurora 13. I have had instability issues and 3 crashes since I owned it. Recently when I went to start some programs that had worked in the past i discovered that they plus many others were disabled in the services list. Why would this happen? i had...
  3. Services disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Services disabled: I have a Dell Alienware Aurora 13. I have had instability issues and 3 crashes since I owned it. Recently when I went to start some programs that had worked in the past i discovered that they plus many others were disabled in the services list. Why would this happen? i had...
  4. I had all Windows 10 Stock Watchlist Lost all of my stocks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had all Windows 10 Stock Watchlist Lost all of my stocks: Watchlist had all of my stocks in there yesterday. Today when logging in, they are all missing as if deleted, or reset. Now it is asking me to add stocks. How do I get back what I had in there prior to the Microsoft change? Thanks!...
  5. I had all Windows 10 Stock Watchlist Lost all of my stocks

I had all Windows 10 Stock Watchlist Lost all of my stocks: Watchlist had all of my stocks in there yesterday. Today when logging in, they are all missing as if deleted, or reset. Now it is asking me to add stocks. How do I get back what I had in there prior to the Microsoft change? Thanks!...
  6. Stocks gadget saying "Service not available".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stocks gadget saying "Service not available".: Yo, I got an error saying "Service not available". Stocks gadget problem. Could you please help this?I couldn't find a fix for this gadget. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stocks-gadget-saying-service-not-available/1b7aa63b-65c7-4558-943b-feff90c75a0f
  7. Stocks gadget saying "Service not available".

Stocks gadget saying "Service not available".: Yo, I got an error saying "Service not available". Stocks gadget problem. Could you please help this?I couldn't find a fix for this gadget. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stocks-gadget-saying-service-not-available/1b7aa63b-65c7-4558-943b-feff90c75a0f
  8. My windows service is stocked in disable..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows service is stocked in disable..: About a week ago, my windows update suddenly stops, so i search the solution in internet but i don't find any related solution. when i try to set windows update service from disable to automatic it says 'Access is Denied"....
  9. My windows service is stocked in disable..

My windows service is stocked in disable..: About a week ago, my windows update suddenly stops, so i search the solution in internet but i don't find any related solution. when i try to set windows update service from disable to automatic it says 'Access is Denied"....
  10. Disable Services

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Services: Hi, I wanna disable some services because I want & I have to do so. Just to be on the safe side, I need your comments if these are safe and conflict free? If you're on lack of sure information on each one, please don't increase your post counts :) --- 1 AJRouter - AllJoyn...