Windows 10: My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery.

Discus and support My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When entering settings and clicking on power & battery, my settings crash entirely. This problem have been for months but it still does not solve . I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sharif_54, Dec 22, 2022.

1. sharif_54 Win User

My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery.

When entering settings and clicking on power & battery, my settings crash entirely. This problem have been for months but it still does not solve . I does not know what update exactly causing this problem. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

:)

sharif_54, Dec 22, 2022

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery. pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 22, 2022
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 22, 2022
  4. My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery.

Surface Pro 4 Battery issues

If the laptop works without the battery than the charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Install the latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

4. Power on the laptop

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions won't resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to the laptop.

4. When you log in to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

2. Remove the battery.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If the battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Dec 22, 2022
Thema:

My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery.

1. My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery. - Similar Threads - setting always crash

2. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  3. Power & Battery Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power & Battery Settings: The power & battery settings won't open when going to Settings >System > power & battery. The same thing happens when I right click the battery icon power & sleep settings in the sys tray. No error message; just won't open. Using Windows 11 - Home Edition. All System Updates...
  4. Power and battery settings reports screen is always on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power and battery settings reports screen is always on?: Just a bit of a weird issue with my new laptop. The Power & Battery settings says my screen is always on even when it has been switched off and unplugged?...
  5. Power and battery settings reports screen is always on?

Power and battery settings reports screen is always on?: Just a bit of a weird issue with my new laptop. The Power & Battery settings says my screen is always on even when it has been switched off and unplugged?...
  6. Power settings crashing

Power settings crashing: When I try to open power settings in settings it crashes right after I do that. Might the issue be caused by any service I disabled or packages that I removed even though I think all of them were of apps...
  7. My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows setting always crash upon entering power & battery.: When entering settings and clicking on power & battery, my settings crash entirely. This problem have been for months but it still does not solve . I does not know what update exactly causing this problem. Any suggestion will be appreciated....
  8. Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings app crashes upon going on battery settings section: When going to Battery Settings via the battery icon in the taskbar or through the settings app itself, it starts to load the battery settings page before abruptly closing the window. I updated my Windows today, though I can't confirm whether the problem occurred before the...
  9. Laptop crashes on battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop crashes on battery power: I have Windows 10 running on my laptop. After a recent update the battery life icon vanished. I followed the instructions in the settings to switch it back on but now the laptop crashes without warning. It acts like the battery is dead but it is a months old battery and it...
  10. Windows 10 freezing upon entering "Startup Settings"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 freezing upon entering "Startup Settings": My Windows 10 freezing upon entering "Startup Settings". Have a solution? 30940