Windows 10: My windows settings appear to be corrupt

Discus and support My windows settings appear to be corrupt in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First of all, the PC and copy of windows are brand new got them in january. Since I first bought i could not help but notice how in the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoeJoestar, Jun 2, 2020.

1. My windows settings appear to be corrupt

First of all, the PC and copy of windows are brand new got them in january. Since I first bought i could not help but notice how in the display settings some settings have weird text instead of the options that should be available. For example:

My windows settings appear to be corrupt 6132b9bf-475c-4d91-868f-8482e396be5f?upload=true.jpg

When I click the box containing the 'd% Recommended' these are the options I get:

My windows settings appear to be corrupt 484b08e2-8e35-4b5d-9f09-807d897c833b?upload=true.jpg

Also, I just bought a new DisplayPort cable so I can enjoy 144hz refresh rates with my monitor but when I click on the box under '%d Hz' these are the only options I get:

My windows settings appear to be corrupt 1aa2ee04-6cfd-4525-b2a3-f7cc52d0234b?upload=true.jpg

Other problems include:

My windows settings appear to be corrupt 7ceb0087-2e8f-4854-b740-4cbd71e5f6cc?upload=true.jpg

and

My windows settings appear to be corrupt e7e7dd07-056f-4d2e-8d3c-796df7735e2b?upload=true.jpg

I really don't want to let my money for the 144hz monitor to go to waste and I honestly cannot figure out what's wrong. I've used sfc /scannow in the command prompt alongside many other troubleshooting methods. None of them detected a single thing. I really need some help. Thanks!

:)

JoeJoestar, Jun 2, 2020

2. All text files appear corrupted

This appears to be some type of crypto malware at first glance. There are methods of removal and recovery available, but there are many variants of such malware. I would suggest to stop using your computer immediately and have the hard drive serviced by an experienced IT repair professional.

You may be able to recover older versions of your files in OneDrive that are not corrupted following these steps provided by Microsoft.

DontCopyThatFloppy, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 2, 2020
  4. My windows settings appear to be corrupt

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

My windows settings appear to be corrupt

1. My windows settings appear to be corrupt - Similar Threads - settings appear corrupt

2. Corrupted Like appearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Like appearance: So i got this laptop and my concern is that it is very slow to boot, it took 10 minutes to get to the lock screen but also the text and icons have spaces in between them and has spaces in them to the point that sime letters in a word are gone...
  3. Corrupted Like appearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Like appearance: So i got this laptop and my concern is that it is very slow to boot, it took 10 minutes to get to the lock screen but also the text and icons have spaces in between them and has spaces in them to the point that sime letters in a word are gone...
  4. Corrupted Like appearance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Widows Settings is corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Widows Settings is corrupted: There is no windows update icon, profile picture and one drive status on the top of windows settings homepage from yesterday. I haven't modified my system, or installed/unistalled any apps from yessterday....
  6. setting appearance

setting appearance: someone, please help me with my windows setting appearance. i dont know why. usually, when i open the setting it will show account image and name but suddenly it disappears. please help. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  7. The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I...

The Settings icon will appear on my taskbar, but the settings app doesn't appear when I...: I've been struggling with this for hours. I've tried to open up the settings app and the settings icon will show up on my task bar, but when i click on the icon, nothing appears. I've tried to run a sfc file cleaner, I've restarted my pc, and I've tried multiple...
  8. Wife's Account Appears Corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wife's Account Appears Corrupted: To Whom it May Concern: My Wife's account on my home computer appears corrupted. It take forever to log into her account. The icons take forever to load, as well as the icons on the bottom bar i.e., the internet connection tab. When it does load, when you start using it,...
  9. Reinstalled windows 10 profile appears corrupt

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstalled windows 10 profile appears corrupt: First sorry if this is in the wrong category I’ve been searching in the forums and online through every which search I could think of reset, refresh windows, clean install windows 10 and I’m very stumped as to why my profiles keep becoming corrupt or at least I think they’re...
  10. Corrupt Settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupt Settings: Just installed build 14901 on laptop, and now Settings no longer works. It appears on screen for about 10 seconds and then just disappears. It even prevents me from going back to a previous build. Even the 'get started' icons have gone. Other than that, the laptop works...