Windows 10: my windows shuts down randomly and frequently after update

Discus and support my windows shuts down randomly and frequently after update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using window 10, and I'm don't know much about computer. So I updated my windows, and it started get very slow, and shuts down frequently for no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by アスカ軟派野郎, Feb 14, 2019.

1. my windows shuts down randomly and frequently after update

I'm using window 10, and I'm don't know much about computer.

So I updated my windows, and it started get very slow, and shuts down frequently for no reason, and it doesn't happen before the update.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Thanks everyone.

:)

アスカ軟派野郎, Feb 14, 2019

2. Laptop randomly shuts down after latest Windows 10 update

Since the latest update of Windows 10 my computer decides to randomly shut down after every couple of minutes. First the screen goes black, then the sounds stops and after quite a while the power also goes down.

Obviously I though of cleaning the fan with a big vacuum, as suggested on My Windows 10 Computer Randomly Shuts Down . However, after doing this, the shutting down goes even quicker. I cannot even properly log-on before the shutdown takes place.

What should be my next step?

Ps. The computer is quited aged (roughly 3 - 4 years). The battery is dead enough such that I always need to have it plugged in an outlet. It might just be "done for" but I'm hoping to revive it for just a little bit more.

Robin Kramer, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    HP Notebook shuts down randomly

Hi David,

It is possible that your Notebook shut downs randomly due to corruptions. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Are you referring to Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow that steps in this
    article
    to scan for corruptions and restore corrupted system files. If the issue still persists, we recommend that you perform the instructions to restore Windows corruptions error by clicking on this

link

Keep us posted if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 14, 2019
  4. my windows shuts down randomly and frequently after update

Windows 10 shuts down randomly and frequently

Hello,

Did you make any changes before the issue aroused. I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter. It checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode.
    Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.

• Press Windows + X key.
    • Select Control panel.
    • In the search box, type Troubleshooter and then click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Power and Click on Next button.
    Method 2: It could be a compatibility issue with the new Fast Startup component.

• Open Control Panel / Power Options.
    • On the Left side menu, select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    • Scroll down to the Shutdown settings section.
    • Remove the check mark from the
      Turn on Fast Startup option.
    • Select the Save Changes Button.
    Shut Down the computer, wait a couple of minutes and then use the Power Button to start the computer.

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

SujataMoktan, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

my windows shuts down randomly and frequently after update

1. my windows shuts down randomly and frequently after update - Similar Threads - shuts down randomly

2. System randomly shuts down after a windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System randomly shuts down after a windows update: Event 41, Kernel-Power critical fault-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID41Version9Level1Task63Opcode0Keywords0x8000400000000002-TimeCreated[...
  3. System randomly shuts down after a windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System randomly shuts down after a windows update: Event 41, Kernel-Power critical fault-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[ Guid]{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}EventID41Version9Level1Task63Opcode0Keywords0x8000400000000002-TimeCreated[...
  4. "Shut Down Windows" screen pops up randomly/frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Shut Down Windows" screen pops up randomly/frequently: The "Shut Down Windows" screen has started showing up randomly/frequently requiring me to X out before the program will continue. How do I get to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-windows-screen-pops-up/b4d89d67-cac1-4375-aedb-b2cc80cbba2a
  5. "Shut Down Windows" screen pops up randomly/frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Shut Down Windows" screen pops up randomly/frequently: The "Shut Down Windows" screen has started showing up randomly/frequently requiring me to X out before the program will continue. How do I get to stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shut-down-windows-screen-pops-up/b4d89d67-cac1-4375-aedb-b2cc80cbba2a
  6. random shutting down to install an update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    random shutting down to install an update?: does windows always ask before randomly shutting down to install an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-shutting-down-to-install-an-update/86edee15-7718-4aac-ba33-ef4518371b65
  7. My laptop shuts down frequently.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop shuts down frequently.: Good evening folks. I have a hp laptop whose HDD was upgraded from 320 GB to 500GB. I also changed its battery. I have also serviced the system yesterday because of overheating. However, the system continues to shut down indiscriminately despite its battery at 92%. Please...
  8. Laptop shutting down randomly after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop shutting down randomly after update: Hi I was wondering if the community could help me out on this one, I have a Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5000 series laptop. Before feature update 20H2 everything was working fine and dandy like it was supposed to. I install the update 20H2 and after that my PC starts having...
  9. Windows randomly shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows randomly shutting down: Good afternoon! I've been dealing with an issue since I updated to windows version 1909. Issue persists even in 2004 Every so often my system will simply shut down. Doesn't really lose power because it still shows the shutting down animation. The few times that I have a...
  10. Computer shutting down frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer shutting down frequently: over the course of 1 month i have almost 50 issues with either windows shutting down unexpectedly or hardware error, and i am trying to figure out what it is. help plz ;...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc shuts down frequently

2. pc runs shutdown randomly after update

3. after windows 10 update pc shutsdown

4. PC shutdown randomly after Windows update ,
  5. after the latest windows update my pc shutsdown randomly