Windows 10: My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere

Discus and support My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everybody,I noticed my windows spotlight stopped working one day and tried to fix this issue to no avail. However, when I create another account on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HallyNguyen1, Jun 24, 2021.

1. My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere

Hi everybody,I noticed my windows spotlight stopped working one day and tried to fix this issue to no avail. However, when I create another account on my computer, windows spotlight started working again for this specific account, and not for the main account that I use. I have previously before I opened a new account tried to fix this issue by re-registering the service using PowerShell, resetting spotlight settings, deleting files, etc.I know that this questions have been asked before, but I really tried everything I could and nothing seems to work so far, so please help me with this one!!

:)

HallyNguyen1, Jun 24, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 24, 2021
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jun 24, 2021
  4. My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere

Windows Spotlight stopped changing images

Hello,

To address your concern with Windows Spotlight, we suggest that you follow the suggestion of
    Michael Metz on this link
    for possible troubleshooting steps.

Get us back with the update.

Marvin Barc, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere

1. My windows spotlight stops out of nowhere - Similar Threads - spotlight stops nowhere

2. My windows spotlight stop working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows spotlight stop working: My windows spotlight stop working, it's not showing any images after I restarted my laptop, now it's just a plain orange color, help! how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-spotlight-stop-working/e127a947-7f6f-45a9-be13-2c8de8429d6c
  3. My windows spotlight stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows spotlight stop working: My windows spotlight stop working, it's not showing any images after I restarted my laptop, now it's just a plain orange color, help! how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-spotlight-stop-working/e127a947-7f6f-45a9-be13-2c8de8429d6c
  4. My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Customization
    My headset mic stopped working out of nowhere: This problem has been prevalent for a while but when it happened it was quite sudden. I have a headset that I use to talk to people on discord with and have had no problems until recently where my microphone on my headset all of a sudden stopped working or would be super...
  5. Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Drivers Stopped working out of nowhere: So... What happened is that I was just on my laptop, hearing music from my Bluetooth speaker, when it stopped. I was confused, of course, so I checked settings to see Bluetooth was "Off" despite me never turning it on. Then, I went and checked the Action Center, to see the...
  6. my microphone stopped appearing on input devices out of nowhere

my microphone stopped appearing on input devices out of nowhere: Out of nowhere my microphone stopped showing on every app such as discord Xbox game bar etc. I cant get it to work but on this device but on every other device it works just fine. any fixes I've tried restarting my pc and making sure my microphone is accessible to apps....
  7. My sound stopped working out of nowhere.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My sound stopped working out of nowhere.: My sound has gone kaput on me twice before, but that was after Windows updates. The first time, I just bought new speakers and for maybe 2 months, everything was fine. The second time, I just moved the speaker plug to another jack. But now, this just happened again for no...
  8. Activate Windows - Out of nowhere

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activate Windows - Out of nowhere: I have probably owned this PC for about a year now, bought it off someone on facebook. I use it for work and college but mainly gaming, and this activation error popped up for the first time as of today, 7/19/2020. I have tried retrieving the activation key via command prompt...
  9. Media keys stopped working out of nowhere

Media keys stopped working out of nowhere: Out of nowhere my media keys shifted from a normal play/pause key press to a fixed shift+fn+play/pause key press. I normally only had to click on the play/pause button for it to work but it doesn't anymore. After reading several articles about disabling google play music...
  10. Microphone stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone stopped working out of nowhere: So I just got on my laptop and realized that my microphone wasn't working. I tried getting the compatible drivers on Realtek's website but it still wouldnt work. the speaker works perfectly fine, it's just my microphone. I have an Acer Swift 3 i8250u if that helps. Here is...