Windows 10: My windows stopped working when i click on restart or shutdown

Discus and support My windows stopped working when i click on restart or shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 1607. When i click on Restart or Shutdown button my windows has stop working yesterday i downloaded windows update in think of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by saitamabhai, Sep 4, 2019.

1. My windows stopped working when i click on restart or shutdown

I'm using windows 10 1607. When i click on Restart or Shutdown button my windows has stop working yesterday i downloaded windows update in think of that's solve my problem but restart also needed for updating windows...can anyone help me? and sorry for my English.

:)

saitamabhai, Sep 4, 2019

2. Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

This is not the issue I am having.

It is (on-screen) Start>Power>Shutdown (or Restart) that stops working (or right-click the Start and try those on-screen buttons). For me, only Hibernate appears to work but unlike the normal process, this one takes a very long time. This can be a problem
    when I am leaving to go to work and cannot wait for the process to finish.

WildcatRay, Sep 4, 2019
  3. little cat, Sep 4, 2019
  4. My windows stopped working when i click on restart or shutdown

Shutdown restart switch has stopped working in Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• What happens when you press Shutdown/restart (power) button?
    If notebook is in off condition, I suggest you to connect your notebook with power cable and allow it to charge and then try to press the power button and check if issue is solved.

If you’re notebook is in ON condition, I suggest you to set “Choose what the power button do” to Shutdown and check if it helps. To do so kindly follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Under all Control Panel items select Power Option.
    • Click or tab on Choose what the Power button does
      in left panel
    • Select Shutdown under “When I press power button” and click on
      Save Changes.
    Check if this resolves the issue.

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

My windows stopped working when i click on restart or shutdown

1. My windows stopped working when i click on restart or shutdown - Similar Threads - stopped working click

2. stop lagging my pc when i shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stop lagging my pc when i shutdown/restart: i hate you weirdows 10because you lagging my pc sometimes, when i restart/shutdown my pcdon't be such a childand accept the fact about the worst of midcrosoft...
  3. stop lagging my pc when i shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stop lagging my pc when i shutdown/restart: i hate you weirdows 10because you lagging my pc sometimes, when i restart/shutdown my pcdon't be such a childand accept the fact about the worst of midcrosoft...
  4. stop lagging my pc when i shutdown/restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: hello last summer it happened the 1st time. when I want to shutdown my laptop with Windows 10 all updates done regularly, it restarts. over and over. it drives me crazy.I searched on google and tried all the solutions, it worked for 1-2 months, after that, it starts again. so...
  6. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: hello last summer it happened the 1st time. when I want to shutdown my laptop with Windows 10 all updates done regularly, it restarts. over and over. it drives me crazy.I searched on google and tried all the solutions, it worked for 1-2 months, after that, it starts again. so...
  7. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Everything just stopped working and I can't shutdown/restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everything just stopped working and I can't shutdown/restart?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Finbob233 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7v7i4/everything_just_stopped_working_and_i_cant/
  9. WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi stopped working after restart/shutdown: I had just shutdown my computer for the night when I noticed the screen said there was an error and displayed one of those 2D barcodes. When the laptop restarted there was no active wifi connections, and i found out my wifi network adapters were no longer even present. I...
  10. Windows restarts when I shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows restarts when I shutdown: OS: Windows 10 1709 CPU: Ryzen 2700x, stock MB: ASUS ROG B350-I, with most recent BIOS The issue is that when I click "Shutdown", my computer restarts instead of shutting down. I have tried disabling "fast startup", and "automatic restart" upon system failure, updated all...