Windows 10: My windows taskbar search and windows button does not work

Discus and support My windows taskbar search and windows button does not work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have an old laptop that I like to bring around with me to use and play video games on and recently I can not click left click anything on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dodgecitylou, Jan 11, 2020.

1. My windows taskbar search and windows button does not work

So I have an old laptop that I like to bring around with me to use and play video games on and recently I can not click left click anything on my taskbar or the windows button. Pressing the actual windows key does not work either and when I go to change the sound or connect to internet it is not possible. I tried right clicking the screen and going to display setting but it said I could not find the file so I am freaking out. I tried tutorials on youtube but nothing worked to I have turned to you reddit for help

submitted by /u/Dodgecitylou
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dodgecitylou, Jan 11, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Taskbar not working

Hello, there are so many threads on this topic, which can readily be found using the white search box at the top.

Here are a few I've found for you. I suggest you work through these, and if no success, please list everything you've tried and post back. Good luck!

Solved Start Button and taskbar not working - Page 4 - Windows 10 Forums
    Taskbar/Start button not working! - Page 15 - Windows 10 Forums
    Start button right clicking on taskbar icons suddenly does not work - Windows 10 Forums

dalchina, Jan 11, 2020
  3. Bplockard Win User
    Help!, windows taskbar disapeared!!!

i installed a new vga into my computer and everything is fine, except that the Taskbar dosnt show up!! i have windows xp home edition. hitting the Windows button on my keybored dosnt open the start menu either, some 1 please help!

Bplockard, Jan 11, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

My windows taskbar search and windows button does not work

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

My windows taskbar search and windows button does not work

1. My windows taskbar search and windows button does not work - Similar Threads - taskbar search button

2. My taskbar and Windows button won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar and Windows button won't work: Solely on my account on the computer, the task bar will no longer pop up, and the Windows button doesn't work, is this fixable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-taskbar-and-windows-button-wont-work/4cc4496e-a855-4074-bcf2-1d2a06f70444
  3. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  4. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working: Hi everyone I have just recently started to experience this issue from reading other posted it would appear to be a fairly common occurrence " Start button and search button of the taskbar not working "As suggested on the post below I have followed each instruction but I...
  5. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.

in Cortana
    Start button and search button of the taskbar not working.: My PC start and search button of the taskbar is not functioning. Whenever I clicked on start and search button, nothing happens, there is no start menu and no search dialogue box on clicking those buttons. However, when I hover on the start and search buttons, they display...
  7. After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar

in Cortana
    After an update, none of my search bars work. Neither does my Windows button on the taskbar: Today, Windows did quite a few updates. It also needed multiple restarts to install and put those updates in place. After the second set of updates, I find that I cannot type in any search bar. Not the one of my taskbar, nor any other that I've tried in Windows. I also cannot...
  8. My start and search button in windows 10 does not working properly.

in Cortana
    My start and search button in windows 10 does not working properly.: When I right click on windows button anything doesn't open. And when I search for anything in the search box such as control panel , disk cleanup anything doesn't open....
  9. taskbar search does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar search does not work: Taskbar search block come up, but any entry gets a blank screen - no results https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-does-not-work/5f5d7bac-ad3d-40b6-8813-71f3ea0b867d
  10. Taskbar search button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar search button: How do I add the search button to my taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-search-button/ad27bc58-320c-4371-b764-3d65df762d8d