Windows 10: my windows update is taking more time

Discus and support my windows update is taking more time in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; my windows update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 ) is taking longer time.Its getting stuck at 86%.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by samreetnayak, Sep 28, 2019.

1. my windows update is taking more time

my windows update (Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 ) is taking longer time.Its getting stuck at 86%.

:)

samreetnayak, Sep 28, 2019
  2. rtwjunkie Win User

geforce experience takes an age to load..

Well that's why I asked. Mine is on SSD and takes 11 seconds. Your list of games will not appear if it has not checkd for updated suggested settings for awhile until it checks.

When it says it is refreshing the game list, it is checking, because NVIDIA periodically updates suggested settings. Plus it will look for those for new games you have installed.

So, the less it is run, the slower it will be.

rtwjunkie, Sep 28, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond my windows update is taking more time :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 28, 2019
  4. erixx Win User

my windows update is taking more time

Does Windows Update Take 10GB?

Richtclick con "My PC" (Or "My desktop" and "Properties", it tells you if your system has SP1.

1) In your case, I would just reinstall al new (not update or repair), no need to killdisk.

2) Make sure your system is perfectly healthy (Device manager), if needed, install mobo, chipset and SDD drives.

3) Run Winupdate, it will install updates step by step, not 200 at once.

4) Check each step before proceding to next step. Read WinUpdate error messages early (also in Event viewer/System filter by error and warning).

erixx, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

my windows update is taking more time

1. my windows update is taking more time - Similar Threads - update taking more

2. Windows take more then 15 hours to updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows take more then 15 hours to updating: It's now more than 15 hours, and windows still updating. In the first 10 hours, it's downloading the files, then the blue screen comes up, and now after 5 hours, it reaches only 20%. It's not the first time when it's taking too much time to update. When I updated my system,...
  3. Windows Update takes long time.

Windows Update takes long time.: Hi, Following is the OS specification of my laptop : [ATTACH] The last time when I tried to update windows to perform the following similar update it took over 5 hours to complete and it was stuck at 52%, later on, I forced the system to go in sleep mode by pressing the...
  4. window Taking more time to start or restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window Taking more time to start or restart: Hi, I've just installed Windows 10 update, and everything is good, but it takes too long to boot... first it shows Windows logo, and loading, that lasts for about 5 seconds, and then the black screen appears and stays like that for 50sec. Then I log into my account, ..... i...
  5. Windows 10 shutdown takes more time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 shutdown takes more time: Hi, When I installed windows 10 a month back, it used to shutdown/login very quicky but since from a week, the shutdown is taking more time. Monitors are getting turned off but the system is taking too long to shutdown completely. I'm not sure if this is because of the...
  6. Windows Update - Taking long time

Windows Update - Taking long time: Today, I have got the notification that your system is downloaded and ready to update latest version... Restart is required? I have agreed and clicked the Restart button. to my surprise - it took 03 hrs 45 mins to update the latest update..... I am not happy they way it...
  7. Windows Update Taking alot of time

Windows Update Taking alot of time: Hello, i wan[IMG]ted to update my windows 10 so i did and now ita taking 1 hours to install and its stuck on 48% and i am scared to restart bec it says don't turn off your pc my spec Ram 16 gb Graphics card gtx 960 4 gb msi Processor intel core i 7 4790 Please help....
  8. my windows 10 updates takes more than 10 hours

my windows 10 updates takes more than 10 hours: [IMG]the 99 percentage stay here for 5 hours and i have wait for finish for last 10 hours shall i turn off my system https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-updates-takes-more-than-10-hours/d6687bbd-5cc9-4197-97be-efaaec70baec
  9. why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why is windows defender antivirus update taking more time to update than necessary?: The windows defender antivirus icon showed a message indicating that action is needed. Then, I tried to update it the first time, though, the update process didn't complete. But when I restart my PC, it shows no action is needed. The following day, after booting the system...
  10. Windows update taking up my time and data

Windows update taking up my time and data: What on planet earth is going on at Microsoft?? Just wasted 12gb on internet data to have these updates all fail! Took me 8hrs to wait for the crap to download & then failed halfway through the install!!! I wanted to use my computer okay?What has happened to Microsoft after...