Windows 10: My Windows Update is totally messed up!

Discus and support My Windows Update is totally messed up! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; For a cuppla days my Windows Update has been useless! Clciking on Update and security it shows Your device is missing important security and quality... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by thewizardoz, Aug 4, 2019.

1. My Windows Update is totally messed up!

For a cuppla days my Windows Update has been useless!

Clciking on Update and security it shows Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

But clicking on Check for updates just sits there for 15 to 20 minutes with the dots running across the screen then comes back to the same message Your device is missing important security and quality fixes.

I have used two versions of Brink's update reset batch file but no fix.
    I have also used the Reset Windows Update Tool app but no fix.
    I've even manually deleted the contents of the Catroot and Software Distribution folders in Windows but no fix!
    All attempts to do a Repair Install fail at 54% and the blue Installing screen just closes - vanishes!

I cannot think of anything alse I can do to "fix" "Windows Update" once and for all! *Confused

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. *Biggrin

:)

thewizardoz, Aug 4, 2019
Thema:

My Windows Update is totally messed up!

1. My Windows Update is totally messed up! - Similar Threads - Update totally messed

2. windows update messed up my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update messed up my computer: Windows 10 Home, version 1903, installed 7/19/2019, OS build 18362.239 Lost my video display settings and had to re-install video driver. Lost my audio settings (headphones, external audio amplifier). Took my about an hour to get it thanks to guidance from internet. Can...
  3. Windows Update messed up my sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update messed up my sound: Hello, I updated my Windows 10 installation; "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" on 10/3/19. Ever since then, my sound card has been playing up. I have been running the same card on the same motherboard, with the same settings, on the same installation of Windows...
  4. Windows update messed up my surface

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update messed up my surface: I have a surface pro 4 and a surface pro 6. With the most recent updates this week, both computers malfunctioned. My pro 4 gave me trouble with GDrive. I called Gsuite administrator, and after at least 45 minutes they fixed the problem. Next up was Surface pro 6. On my pro...
  5. Windows update messed up my Pc

Windows update messed up my Pc: Computer put some updates through last night before it shut down. Upon turning it on today it flashed a grey and black screen that said Hi repeatedly for an hour. With no acess to the actual desktop i cant/couldnt do anything but restart it. Now it flashes a gray desktop over...
  6. update messed up my computer

update messed up my computer: I cannot describe with simple words how much I hate Windows 10, this last updated messed up my computer AGAIN to a degree my whole desktop Disappeared, all my pin apps are not any where I can find, It crashes and restart out of the blue when I am in the middle of call and...
  7. Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!

Windows 10 latest updates have totally messed my laptop & printer up!!!!!!: What the heck? After the last 2 weeks of horrible laptop issues and printer issues I finally did a factory reinstall on my laptop and it worked - for awhile - until the last windows updates went in this morning and it went right back to the same issues! 1st - I lost the...
  8. Windows 10 update messed up my laptop

Windows 10 update messed up my laptop: A few days ago while logging off I clicked on update and shutdown. The following morning on booting up, it brought up a blue box asking me to select privacy settings which i did. However, it kept telling me to try again. This went on until i was advised to boot up on safe...
  9. Updates are messing up my cp

Updates are messing up my cp: It start with the KB4343909 (OS Build 17124.228) that went out in August 14th. I notice when I would watch a video or live stream, they began to lag badly. Several times I gotten help with microsoft support but they literally did nothing. For the past weeks I just been...
  10. Windows Updates Mess up my Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Updates Mess up my Audio: I'm running windows 10, have realtek audio. Whenever it updates the audio goes crazy, meaning if watching a movie the voices can barely be heard if at all, but music, gunshots, crashes or anything like that is loud enough for the neighbors to hear, and I have neighbors over...