Windows 10: My Windows won't let me open some files.

Discus and support My Windows won't let me open some files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; At first I thought it was my windows defender and it might be, but I can't turn it off. There is no option for it. I even opened CMD as trusted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zwealo, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Zwealo Win User

My Windows won't let me open some files.

At first I thought it was my windows defender and it might be, but I can't turn it off. There is no option for it. I even opened CMD as trusted installer and admin, but the access was denied. I use advanced run to try and open these files, but I have no clue on how to really use it well. I really want to have access to some of my files again. Every time I try to open a file it says, "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file". I looked it up earlier and did everything it asked me to do. I still have the same problem. I heard that windows did a update to some people that makes i

:)

Zwealo, Sep 11, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

3. windows 10 apps won,t open

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Windows app troubleshooter.

Refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run shell commands for Windows store and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Command prompt(Admin)
      to open elevated Command prompt.

• Type the following commands.

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

• Hit enter, the blackscreen will appear still for a couple of seconds. After a couple of second a new line saying C:\.... will appear.

• Close Command Prompt.

• Try to start the Windows Store again.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 11, 2021
  4. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

Thema:

1. My Windows won't let me open some files. - Similar Threads - won't let open

2. My pc won't let me open .txt files!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won't let me open .txt files!: My windows 11 pc will not let me open ANY text files even ones just created! It says file not found.It appears that if I set the default app to open .txt files to another app like wordpad it opens, but if I set it back to notepad it doesn't open again....
  3. My pc won't let me open .txt files!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won't let me open .txt files!: My windows 11 pc will not let me open ANY text files even ones just created! It says file not found.It appears that if I set the default app to open .txt files to another app like wordpad it opens, but if I set it back to notepad it doesn't open again....
  4. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  5. Onedrive won't open online and won't let me access any files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive won't open online and won't let me access any files: I can't access onedrive at all. I have tried in a number of different devices, says something has gone wrong. I can't access any of my files....
  6. My computer won't let me open anything and there's no background

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer won't let me open anything and there's no background: Pls help heres a pic[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-wont-let-me-open-anything-and-theres/c4c6d37a-a9c6-4d29-bb1e-c446a6d89191
  7. My computer won't update and will not let me open .exe files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer won't update and will not let me open .exe files: I have a problem. So basically, my computer is trying to update, and it goes through the process of restarting and everything, but it never updates? Like when my computer asks to update, its just the same update over and over again and just won't install. Because of this, I...
  8. Windows App file will not let me open it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows App file will not let me open it: I want to get into the Windows App file, but it says I do not have permission to access the file, and to go to the security settings. I went there to grant myself access, but it won't let me. How do I get access to this file? Also, how can I change which drive it saves to?...
  9. Windows won't let me delete a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows won't let me delete a file: I cannot delete a file from Windows. I've tried deleting from the desktop, a file saved to my computer, and a file saved to a network. Prior to this morning I was able to delete all of these. I have tried right click > delete and dragging the file to the recycling bin. I have...
  10. Windows won't let me reset AND keep my files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows won't let me reset AND keep my files: So a few days back, my laptop asked for a restart after an upgrade and since then, it was displaying the error 0xc0000225. I managed to create an installation usb to repair my computer. Everything was going fine until it got stuck while resetting. When I try to boot again,...