Windows 10: My windows won't start, a small system32 box appears

Discus and support My windows won't start, a small system32 box appears in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! Today, after I pressed the power button, the windows started to boot up, I passed the Windows 10 logo screen, however I never got to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarkoVelimirovic, Nov 12, 2019.

1. My windows won't start, a small system32 box appears

Hello!

Today, after I pressed the power button, the windows started to boot up, I passed the Windows 10 logo screen, however I never got to the desktop screen since I received some sort of a small command prompt black box on a black screen with the following inside the box: C:\WINDOWS\system32>

The issue is - it just stays on that screen; if I close the black box, it stays on a black screen.

Any ideas?

My windows won't start, a small system32 box appears [​IMG]

:)

MarkoVelimirovic, Nov 12, 2019
  2. tianhui Win User

HELP! windows won't start

Just got home today,
    turned on computer and windows won't start.

What happens

BIOS appears-
    loading asus express gate...
    microsoft corporation (with small loading bar)

after the loading bar, a windows logo inscribed in a circle should appear and illuminate.
    instead i just get a movable cursor on a black screen...

after a while it reboots and the process starts again.

I'm suspecting its the windows update my computer installed last night as it was shutting down.

Going into safe mode and restoring...hopefully this works.
    I'm creating this thread from my dad's laptop ><

Any suggestion will be appreciated! *Cry :cry:

EDIT: i forgot to mention, the first time (blank screen for 5 min) ended in a quick BSOD and reboot.

tianhui, Nov 12, 2019
  3. Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Fabiano Lehmkuhl, Nov 12, 2019
  4. My windows won't start, a small system32 box appears

Windows 10 dialogue box appear too small

Dialogue box for other programs when using Windows 10 appear too small and distorted in shape. Also text in drop down lists (on webpages and installed programs) appears very small and difficult to read. It seems like a scaling problem and turning into
    headache. Any solution please ? (My system is Dell XPS 15 9550; touch screen)

Asif123_886, Nov 12, 2019
Thema:

My windows won't start, a small system32 box appears

1. My windows won't start, a small system32 box appears - Similar Threads - won't start small

2. Windows hello pin dialog box is not appearing

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows hello pin dialog box is not appearing: hi, when trying to register my fingerprint and it asks me for a pin, it will not show the dialog box where it asks me to make a pin my specs of my PC if it helps is: intel core i5-3230m @ 2.60Ghz 6GB RAM Windows 10 home N edition version is 1903 my OS build is...
  3. Black boxes appearing on Windows applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black boxes appearing on Windows applications: Windows applications like sticky notes, camera, etc. have black boxes surrounding all of the buttons on them and I am not able to click anything. Here is what I mean: [ATTACH] It's really annoying and it's been happening for months. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in...
  4. Log in Box doesn't appear

Log in Box doesn't appear: Hello, when I'm starting my Windows 10 Pc, all shine to be ok, but when I want to write my password ,the log in box doesn't appear. I saw that I'm not alone having this problem, and I tried the methods of the other answers but it hasn't help me. So what can I do? [moved...
  5. my laptop always starts loading and the dialog box fails to appear only on dekstop..

my laptop always starts loading and the dialog box fails to appear only on dekstop..: whenever I click the right key in the desktop the dialog box fails to appear and it takes a lot of time for it top stop loading. This happens only when I click the right click in the desktop everywhere else it works just fine please tell me what should I do ??...
  6. Start up message box appearing

Start up message box appearing: Whenever we start our desktop, the following message appears: "Another instance is running: Configuration system failed to initialize". How can we get rid of that message? I tried the sfc /scannow, but it still reappeared....
  7. Object in black box appeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    Object in black box appeared: I now have an object in the upper left corner of my screen. I can't move it. I get nothing if I right click it. It looks like a vertical stipe with some white at the top and then mostly red with 100% below it - all on a black box. How do I get rid of this?...
  8. My Windows Hello Smiley Face Won't Appear

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My Windows Hello Smiley Face Won't Appear: I have tried to restart and update the computer but it still won't show https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-hello-smiley-face-wont-appear/45c89dbd-8e86-4f00-a449-d2a7d4bbdb7e
  9. Windows 10 start menu small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 start menu small: I got Windows 10 and now the star menu does not work. It is open very small and can not see it well to see what to click. Other topics seems to suggest that need a third party menu for start menu. Is that the case or how to fix the start menu?...
  10. Small start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Small start menu: Hello, something happened after Windows Update - I turned on my PC and I see... [img] [img] Anybody can help me? Thanks. 3324