Windows 10: My WindowsApps folder is full of undesired and repeated installation files.

Discus and support My WindowsApps folder is full of undesired and repeated installation files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; 23 of 50 GB on my SSD are being used by the WindowsApps folder: [ATTACH] (In the image: Microsoft Store Library, "Ready to install" tab (left).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NewsOfTheWorld, Sep 6, 2019.

1. My WindowsApps folder is full of undesired and repeated installation files.

23 of 50 GB on my SSD are being used by the WindowsApps folder:

My WindowsApps folder is full of undesired and repeated installation files. 72c48d65-2eba-41ad-9b39-1ac2a45d8e29?upload=true.png

(In the image: Microsoft Store Library, "Ready to install" tab (left). SpaceSniffer (right))

I don´t want any of those applications. I've tried to install and uninstall the Disney game. It took about 700MB to install it. Which I think it means that all of those repeated folders of "Disney..." are unnecessary individual installation packages. And I guess it's the same for the rest of the repeated apps.

¿Is there any safe way to empty the folder? I just want a calculator!

Sorry for my bad English and thank you for your time.

:)

NewsOfTheWorld, Sep 6, 2019
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Sep 6, 2019
  3. WINDOWSAPPS FILE

Hi,

For us to provide you an accurate resolution regarding your WindowsApps folder issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any updates made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Send us a screenshot of your WindowsApps and WindowsAppsOld folders so that we can double check the issue.
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve this?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

My WindowsApps folder is full of undesired and repeated installation files.

WindowsApps folder is empty

Hi,

WindowsApps folder is where files of all default and Store apps are stored. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Are you having issues with the Windows apps on your PC?
    • When was the last time you saw the contents of the the WindowsApps folder?
    • Were there any changes made prior to your concern?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

My WindowsApps folder is full of undesired and repeated installation files.

1. My WindowsApps folder is full of undesired and repeated installation files. - Similar Threads - WindowsApps folder full

2. WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  3. Cannot take full control of files inside WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10!

Cannot take full control of files inside WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10!: As the title says really. I have tried to take control of the WindowsApps Folder so I can edit the ini file for Fallout 4 to change the resolution.It appeared to have worked with no errors, but when I open the game folder and then check the security tab in properties it says...
  4. UNDESIRED FOLDERS

UNDESIRED FOLDERS: In DOCUMENTS two undesired folders keep appearing right after being definitely removed; their names always begin with AO eg: AOvalue 180 , AOstore17 and ___l eg: ___lwrap91 ___ldefinitions41 and include different files word, excel, acces, txt, pem with ever varying fancy...
  5. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so. Thank you for your time....
  6. How to move files to Windowsapps folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to move files to Windowsapps folder?: My friend gave his hard drive where is alot of xbox game pass games. my internet is so bad it takes days to download 1 decent game. when i try to move a folder to my windowsapps, it gives "Your organization does not allow you to place this file here". Why did microsoft have...
  7. Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove outdated WindowsApp folder installations: Hi there. Im facing issue to get rid of some old installation folders, since Windows create new folder for new version of some apps, it leaves there old version installation, and i want to remove it. With this command Code: Remove-AppxPackage "FullPackageName" i can delete...
  8. How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to remove files in WindowsApps folder?: I bought a pc like 8 months ago and I bought xbox game pass for pc and downloaded few games. Then I had to reboot my pc, and all my GAMES were gone but the windowsapps folders didn't go anywhere. For example I downloaded Wolfenstein 2, I don't have the game anymore but I have...
  9. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...
  10. How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get full access to WindowsApps folder to modify game files?: I made a new WindowsApps folder in D:\ and took over the ownership with "Take ownership context menu" hack from this Article. I'm able to see the files inside but unable to write. I only have one game inside the D:\WindowsApps folder called World of Tanks Blitz so it's not...