Windows 10: My Winows cant open some exe files

Discus and support My Winows cant open some exe files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello there, I recently bought a new pc and I have a problem. When i want to open a exe file, which I downloaded from the internet, nothing happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jakub_551, Dec 21, 2020.

1. jakub_551 Win User

My Winows cant open some exe files

Hello there,

I recently bought a new pc and I have a problem. When i want to open a exe file, which I downloaded from the internet, nothing happens or a error comes up. Please help me.

:)

jakub_551, Dec 21, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Exe file slow to open

A SFX archive isn't going to open right away. The files have to be extracted first. When you are opening it in WinRar, it's not extracting the file, it's just reading it which is why it opens right away.

erocker, Dec 21, 2020
  3. can't open .exe files windows 10

Nothing happens after i I click on any .exe file

VijayNishad, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

How to open a .exe file

Hi,

An EXE file (also known as executable file) contains an executable program for Windows. EXE is short for "executable," and it is the standard file extension used by Windows programs.

For us to better assist you with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were you getting an error when opening a .exe file?
    • Was it compressed (zipped)?

Usually, you can just double left-click the .exe file (if not compressed) to open it. However, if it's compressed, you need to install a 3rd party software to extract it.

We're looking looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

1. My Winows cant open some exe files - Similar Threads - Winows cant open

2. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  3. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant open a .exe: Hi, so i wanted to install VolumeID https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/volumeid , i downloaded it, opened it but it closed itself immediately, and now i cant open the .exe again, everytime i double click, nothing appens, i have tried searching on the web...
  4. Cant open a .exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  6. .exe files and some apps wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .exe files and some apps wont open: suddenly from yesterday some of my apps wont open .Spotify app is not opening, zoom and skype tooI tried uninstalling some recent apps that I had installed but uninstall was not working even control panel wasn't opening i opened safe mode and control panel and remove a...
  7. .exe files and some apps wont open

8. cant run some exe files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cant run some exe files: I am trying to run an .exe file. It was working fine the other day, then all of a sudden it quit opening. It acts like it is opening, but doesn't. It doesn't come up in the task manager. The file i am trying to use is Autodesk.Aec.Content.CatalogEditor.exe. Some exe...
  9. I cant open any EXE files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant open any EXE files: Windows 10 laptop, When I got this I was able to open EXE files but now I'm not sure why it has not been working and it says "Windows cannot find 'Supposed File' . Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" (Also I'm not very computer wise so, sorry)...
  10. Cant open some .exe files

Cant open some .exe files: I cannot open some .exe files in my desktop, even if i try open it in her folder, strange some apps open and some dont. The pop up says: "Windows cannot find "C: .exe" Make sure the name was typed correctly" [img] [img] 80284