Windows 10: My wired internet connection keeps going out sporadically

Discus and support My wired internet connection keeps going out sporadically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows 10 Pro PC is plugged directly into my wireless router. It's been working fine for about 3 months with no issue since I built this PC. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GameSlayerShea, Jun 10, 2020.

1. My wired internet connection keeps going out sporadically

My Windows 10 Pro PC is plugged directly into my wireless router. It's been working fine for about 3 months with no issue since I built this PC.

In the last few days, the internet connection keeps dropping. The PC doesn't recognize the connection is there.

I've tried different ports on the router and a different cable, but the issue still persists. Sometimes my connection will be fine for hours, sometimes only a matter of minutes.

I suspected my problem was a Bluetooth/Wireless modem PCI-e card I installed around the time I started noticing issues. I thought it might be a conflict between the on-board modem and the external. I've since removed the Bluetooth/Wireless card but the connection issues persist.

:)

GameSlayerShea, Jun 10, 2020
  2. altae Win User

My internet keeps dropping out!

I suggest you connect your laptop to the router with a ethernet cable. If the wired connection is stable you know that there is nothing wrong with the internet connection itself and with your LAN. Next step would be to go to the website of your laptop manufacturer and look for the latest WLAN drivers. Install them and test whether it improves the reliability of your WLAN connection. Then post back the results.

altae, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 and internet connection

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Since you are able to connect to the internet wirelessly it is just the wires connection which has issues.

It could be either wire which has problems or Ethernet port.

Before you change either of these I suggest you to try the following steps:

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

a. In search Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box and hit Enter.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Select “Internet Connections” from the list and follow On-screen instructions.

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 10, 2020
  4. My wired internet connection keeps going out sporadically

Internet Connection

Hi George,

Are you using a wired or wireless connection?

I would suggest you to follow these steps and try to run the Internet connections troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Control panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Control panel
      search box.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on View all.
    • Click on Internet Connections troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

My wired internet connection keeps going out sporadically

1. My wired internet connection keeps going out sporadically - Similar Threads - wired internet connection

2. My Internet connection keeps timing out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internet connection keeps timing out: Hello,I have a Dell Inspiron Windows 10 laptop computer. Lately, when I try to connect to the Internet, my connection keeps timing out. I use the Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edger browsers. With Edge, the browser keeps trying to make a connection until it gets one....
  3. My Internet connection keeps timing out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Internet connection keeps timing out: Hello,I have a Dell Inspiron Windows 10 laptop computer. Lately, when I try to connect to the Internet, my connection keeps timing out. I use the Firefox, Google Chrome, and Microsoft Edger browsers. With Edge, the browser keeps trying to make a connection until it gets one....
  4. My Internet connection keeps timing out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Internet Keeps on Going out for some internet tasks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Keeps on Going out for some internet tasks: Hello! I have a Windows 11 PC and i use it for Gaming, Chatting to my mates, Working or Designing. But recently I've been having issues with my Wi-Fi connection it keeps on going out the only way to fix it for me is just to unplug my TP-Link usb adapter and plugging it back...
  6. Internet Keeps on Going out for some internet tasks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet Keeps on Going out for some internet tasks: Hello! I have a Windows 11 PC and i use it for Gaming, Chatting to my mates, Working or Designing. But recently I've been having issues with my Wi-Fi connection it keeps on going out the only way to fix it for me is just to unplug my TP-Link usb adapter and plugging it back...
  7. Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not Connecting to Wired Internet Connection after Update: I am somehow connecting to the wrong wired network when I connect to the surface doc. All network connections are wired properly to the correct ports, router, etc. It seem that I am connecting to a preferred wireless network, but the icon is showing a wired icon. I am not...
  8. Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly

Wired PC internet connection keeps dropping then reconnecting randomly: New Dell All-in-One PC. Windows 10. Wired connection to new Talktalk router. Fibre service. Last week I was getting a download speed of around 20mbps with uninterrupted connection. Now my speed is only 10mbps -- and the connection keeps dropping out -- then coming back...
  9. Internet connection keeps dropping out

Internet connection keeps dropping out: With out warning connection is lost cause the default Gateway is not available according to the checker. Still trying to sort that out and machine keeps crashing and freezing Any help would be grateful...
  10. Sporadically Losing Internet Connection

Sporadically Losing Internet Connection: I'm a new Windows 10 user and my browser is Google Chrome. The problem I'm having is that I am sporadically losing my internet connection. A quick fix is to delete cookies and history and everything is OK. I never had this problem when I was using Windows 8. Anyway to fix...