Windows 10: My Wired internet disconnects randomly for a few seconds but my wireless connection on my...

Discus and support My Wired internet disconnects randomly for a few seconds but my wireless connection on my... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The problem is in the title. My Ethernet connection has been dropping for about a few weeks now, and it also affects one of the other computer that is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JustinLi1234, Aug 12, 2020.

1. My Wired internet disconnects randomly for a few seconds but my wireless connection on my...

The problem is in the title. My Ethernet connection has been dropping for about a few weeks now, and it also affects one of the other computer that is wired as well. Wireless has been running smoothly with no drops in connection. I've also talked with my isp and they sent a technician out. That technician looked at our box and said that the cable was pretty old and replaced it, and the drops in connections still happen.

• Uninstall/Reinstall my network card with the latest drivers
    • Reset modem
    • Reset router
    • Flush the DNS
    • Reset the winsock
    • Move the wires around on the switch
    • Changed the power setting so that Windows cannot turn off the network card
    • I've messed with the advanced settings turning off EEE, green Ethernet and Ethernet lite.
    • I've purchased a new usb to ethernet which still didn't work.
    • I made a fresh install of windows.

:)

JustinLi1234, Aug 12, 2020

2. Automatic disconnect wireless connection upon a wired connection

Hi,

I have a problem with automatic disconnecting wireless connection upon a wired connection. This is my situation and solutions I took but none of them worked:

I start Lenovo laptop and when it boots, it connects to my home wireless network (I want this to happen; following settings are sets on that network: connect automatically when this network is in range, connect to a more preferred network if available).
    What I also want is that when, in specific situations, I plug LAN cable into it, that wireless connection would be automatically disconnected and automatically connected when I unplug it.

Following solutions were taken, but they didn't produce a wanted result:

• setting disable upon wired connect on enable on a wireless adapter
    • setting wired adapter on the highest priority
    • setting wired autoconfig service on automatic startup type
    • route print shows wired metric 10 and wireless metric 11
    The result that was produced: when I connect LAN cable it shows connections: first wired, second wireless, but both of them connected (both interfaces got IP address) and on windows tray it is still shown wireless connection icon not wired.

MarkoPavic, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Wired internet connection disconnects at random for 1 second

Hi all.

Basically, the problem is in the title. My ethernet connection will drop randomly for literally a second before reconnecting again. There are multiple PC's and other hardware on the network (wired and wireless) and my PC is the only one that's doing it.
    My ethernet cable goes into a switch and then into my PC if that's any help.

Things i've tried to fix the issue:

• Uninstall/Reinstall my network card with the latest drivers
    • Reset modem
    • Reset router
    • Flush the DNS
    • Reset the winsock
    • Move the wires around on the switch
    • Changed the power setting so that Windows cannot turn off the network card

I'm running the latest windows update and anything else you might need to know, please ask.

TomRichards14, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Gobbas Win User

My Wired internet disconnects randomly for a few seconds but my wireless connection on my...

1 wired + 1 wireless connection issues

Hi,

I have been trying to get my computer working in a home network through a router with a wireless connection, while at the same time having internet provided through a wire.

The reason this is an issue is because the wired does not go through the router while the wireless of course does.

The issue I am having is that when both are connected my internet connection comes through the wireless and not the wired.

What I want is for the wireless to connect to the network while the wired connects to the internet.

I am using windows 8.1

Thank you,

Gobbas, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

My Wired internet disconnects randomly for a few seconds but my wireless connection on my...

1. My Wired internet disconnects randomly for a few seconds but my wireless connection on my... - Similar Threads - Wired internet disconnects

2. My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in: My network adapter won't connect wirelessly to internet, but works when wired in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-network-adapter-wont-connect-wirelessly-to/7e9481b8-aeeb-4b93-bfef-2838e20cd0bf
  3. My internet randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet randomly disconnects: Sometimes, my internet just disconnects randomly. It also automatically disconnects when I start it up after shutting it down. I dont think its my wifi router because ive brought my laptop to other peoples houses, used their wifi and still experienced the same issues....
  4. My internet randomly disconnects

My internet randomly disconnects: Sometimes, my internet just disconnects randomly. It also automatically disconnects when I start it up after shutting it down. I dont think its my wifi router because ive brought my laptop to other peoples houses, used their wifi and still experienced the same issues....
  5. My internet randomly disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  7. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

Internet disconnecting every few seconds: Can somone please help my internet has been disconnecting every few seconde for a couple months now and i have moved my pc and stuff its not the connection...
  8. Internet disconnecting every few seconds

9. No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless

No Internet connection on wired Ethernet or wireless: I have a Windows 10 desktop that will not connect to the Internet either wired Ethernet or wireless. It previously connected fine through a D-Link DWA-140 USB wireless adapter. I swapped the adapter to an identical machine and it worked fine. I plugged in a known working...
  10. Wired connection "no Internet access" but works every few seconds

Wired connection "no Internet access" but works every few seconds: Today all of a sudden I'm having connection issues with my wired connection. I have the yellow triangle that says "no Internet access". Funny thing is every few seconds I can access the Internet. Sometimes the yellow icon goes away, sometimes it stays. But the connection...