Windows 10: my wireless adapter has disappeared

Discus and support my wireless adapter has disappeared in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried downloading the driver again and reinstalling but every attempt ends in the installer shutting itself down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by K RDILORENZO, Nov 27, 2018.

1. my wireless adapter has disappeared

I tried downloading the driver again and reinstalling but every attempt ends in the installer shutting itself down

:)

K RDILORENZO, Nov 27, 2018

2. Disappearing wireless adapter

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

I would
    suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1:

Run the hardware troubleshooter and check the issue status.

Follow the steps:

1. Type “Troubleshooter” in the Search box and hit enter.

2. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

3. Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

4. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2:

Update the Wireless Adapter drivers.

Type “Windows Update” in Search box and select “Check for Updates” to receive a fresh list of updates.

Try downloading and install the latest drivers for your Wireless Adapter from Windows
    CompatibilityCentre link below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...Adapter&vendor=Qualcomm+Atheros&Type=Hardware

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Joy Kemprai, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 27, 2018
  4. my wireless adapter has disappeared

Wireless Adapter disappeared after windows 10 upgrade

Mine, too.

unable to connect any wireless network, public and private two days after the upgrade to 10. Sunday worked; Monday, on & off; Tuesday, none.

The adapter disappeared from network adapter items of the device manger on control panel. Instead, a couple of unfamiliar network adaptor names were listed. When the new ones were disabled, wireless network connection worked as normal. But after my laptop
    was off for a while, the same connection problem. At that time a different network adapter from Microsoft was listed was listed. Disabled it again, but the problem has not been solved.

WoisoonKim, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

my wireless adapter has disappeared

1. my wireless adapter has disappeared - Similar Threads - wireless adapter has

2. Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing: I don't know if my laptop adapter is broken now or is something that has to do with my DNS. From time to time my wireless connection/adapter keeps disappearing and after I left it for quite sometime, it'll appear again. I'm fine when it happens in my home because I can just...
  3. Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing: I don't know if my laptop adapter is broken now or is something that has to do with my DNS. From time to time my wireless connection/adapter keeps disappearing and after I left it for quite sometime, it'll appear again. I'm fine when it happens in my home because I can just...
  4. Wireless adapter keeps disappearing and appearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display Adapter has disappeared for me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Adapter has disappeared for me: So my Pc has recently been acting strange. By strange I mean it wont run any of my games really.. Its super laggy and after much research i think its my graphics card or gpu, but I'm not for sure! I cant find my 2060 Nvidia graphics card under display drivers, In fact display...
  6. Wireless adapter just disappeared

Wireless adapter just disappeared: Hello, I've tried all known troubleshoots that I could find on the internet about dealing with a code 45 wireless adapter error but haven't got any luck. At the last attempt of uninstalling and restarting my machine, the wireless adapter vanished from my devices list and...
  7. My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared

My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared: hello, so I have a big problem. so my computer glitched out and it forced itself to shut off. when I turn it back on, my internet won't pop up and my computer is telling me that I have to connect my pc to an Ethernet cable. So I go to my device manager, go to network...
  8. Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...

Wireless Adapter disappeared on Device Manager...: Can you please help me with this problem I encountered... Suddenly my wireless stopped working and the driver just suddenly disappeared as well... I have already checked my Device Manager... and I have enabled the "show hidden devices" but nothing still appears on my...
  9. My wireless Icon has disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My wireless Icon has disappeared: My wireless Icon has disappeared, How can i get it back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-icon-has-disappeared/769417e7-4dff-4c5a-bb26-798415bf68f0
  10. Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless adapter disappeared after Windows update: My friend has an odd issue. His internet stopped working after an update. It turned out that he no longer has a wireless adapter "installed." I went to HP's support site, but they only had drivers for Windows 8.1, and there were 5 different ones, at that. I tried installing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my wireless has vanished