Windows 10: My wireless adaptor does not see my new 5G router but can see my neighbour's similar router...

Discus and support My wireless adaptor does not see my new 5G router but can see my neighbour's similar router... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi friends, Can some help me with finding my wifi connection? All the devices in my home can connect to the new SSID connection except my laptop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Leo Winnipeg, Jan 21, 2021.

1. My wireless adaptor does not see my new 5G router but can see my neighbour's similar router...

Hi friends,

Can some help me with finding my wifi connection? All the devices in my home can connect to the new SSID connection except my laptop.

I have Windows 10 and have used almost every tip I could get on the internet, including:

- Updating driver

- Enabling TCP IPv6

- Restarting modem, device and router

What should I do now?

:)

Leo Winnipeg, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Helmut Win User

Phantom router on network

Phantom devices has been going on since Windows 8.1
    Don't worry about them, I get a varying selection of neighbours phones, printers, smart TVs etc. They are not connecting, as you have noted no IP address.

"Also, any suggestions for a program that will scan the network and list all units "attached" to it?"

My Netgear Modem/Router/WAP does just that. Just look in Advanced Tab > Administration > Attached Devices. It lists wired, wireless 2.4G and 5G Devices.

Helmut, Jan 21, 2021
  3. Wireless printer does not show my Asus router 5g network

Hi Dan,

It is possible that this issue is caused by the incompatibility between your network/router and printer. To better assist you we would like to verify some information:

• Can your other devices detect the 5G network?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jan 21, 2021
  4. My wireless adaptor does not see my new 5G router but can see my neighbour's similar router...

Windows 10 can't find my wireless router

After upgrading to Windows 10 my laptop keeps losing my router. It did not find it when I was doing the initial install, but it did see some of the neighbours WIFI's, so I pugged it in to the router and finished the install wired. After Windows 10 was installed
    I rebooted my router and it showed up and connected automatically, so it recognized it from my previous Windows 8.1 settings. But every time that I stop using the laptop and it goes into sleep mode it loses my network again and I have to reboot my router to
    get back on. (It still sees the neighbours networks though). I have tried to going into the settings and I have adjusted the wireless adaptor to "not shut off to save energy during sleep mode", but the problem continues. This is a HP envy touchsmart laptop
    1190ca, nothing else in the house has changed and the laptop has never had a problem connecting in the last 2 years that I have had it. The router is an advanced WIFI modem that runs both 2g and 5g networking and the signal is super strong in the house.

Any help would be appreciated.

TheScotchhound, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

My wireless adaptor does not see my new 5G router but can see my neighbour's similar router...

1. My wireless adaptor does not see my new 5G router but can see my neighbour's similar router... - Similar Threads - wireless adaptor does

2. Seeing items not in my network, in my network ...after gettingn new router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seeing items not in my network, in my network ...after gettingn new router: Greetings: I have an HP probook with windows 10 professional 64 bit. I have had this computer now since October, and I thoroughly enjoy it. It's been a learning curve with windows 10 but I do like it. About two weeks ago Frontier the internet company provided me an...
  3. Can see router but can't connect

Can see router but can't connect: Windows 10 did an update and I can't connect to my router not even using 192.168.1.1 or web address. I'm able to see it and that is all. Windows tells me it can't connect to network and I tried a lot of the suggestions and still nothing. Window refuses to even let me reload...
  4. My router

My router: Out of curiosity, is it possible for some to remotely interfere with my router to disconnect me from the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-router/56e46ef7-f4e2-4f63-92ed-ef1adc502635
  5. I cannot find my WiFi router on my laptop but see other wifi routers nearby

I cannot find my WiFi router on my laptop but see other wifi routers nearby: I need help. My WiFi router appears on all my devices except for one of my laptops. The same laptop can see all the other wifi routers nearby except mine. What is the problem? I tried rebooting the laptop and the router. Is there something in the setting blocking my...
  6. Windows 10 not seeing my router.

Windows 10 not seeing my router.: I can not access my router settings from my pc. I use different browsers to no avail. I can access the settings with my iPad so I know it not the router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-not-seeing-my-router/ec5326c0-2efb-42a7-93ba-098b50e7622b
  7. Computer sees the router but there is no connection

Computer sees the router but there is no connection: Computer sees the router but there is no connection - ran diagnostic ... Troubleshooting says 'One or more network protocols are missing on this computer' This is a new computer, first set up. I am . I have a satellite modem connected to a router. This setup has always...
  8. Computer can and can't see router

Computer can and can't see router: I upgraded to Windows 10 last year. I was running my TalkTalk router successfully both wirelessly and hardwired. Occasionally I would go off-line for no reason. Leave it a few hours I was back. I complained and was given a new router. Plugged it in and it was seen by my phone...
  9. Ethernet Problems Cant identify the network but my router sees it

Ethernet Problems Cant identify the network but my router sees it: Ever since i upgraded to the latest version of windows 10 my Ethernet has been broken i have tried installing the drivers from intel directly it still doesn't work. If anyone has any possible solutions help would be appreciated and if more information is needed i can give...
  10. Can No longer see my wireless

Can No longer see my wireless: Hellow guys, Am new here please bear with me...... I have just upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10 Home. Since then my Wireless network is not showing up. I have several networks, others are shown just fine...Only one network is missing. I have co-workers with...