Windows 10: My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working

Discus and support My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I was watching Netflix on my HP Pavilion Laptop, running Windows 10 (64-bit) when my WiFi connection quit on me out of nowhere. Other devices are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Z. Dearing, Oct 29, 2018.

1. My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working

Hi,

I was watching Netflix on my HP Pavilion Laptop, running Windows 10 (64-bit) when my WiFi connection quit on me out of nowhere. Other devices are still connected, but not the laptop.

When I look in Network Connections, it doesn't even list anything other than Ethernet as an option. I've tried rebooting the computer, going to Services and rebooting then disabling the IP Helper, checking Device Manager to see if everything is working properly there, running the troubleshooter, nothing worked.

Does anyone here have any suggestions?

:)

Z. Dearing, Oct 29, 2018

2. Wireless Antenna Stopped Working as Expected

I'm using Windows 10 in a custom built rig with a TP Link wireless antenna (PCI) for wireless access to our home wireless network.

I've already eliminated a number of things.
    The modem-router is fine - all other devices use it without problems.
    The Ethernet connection in my PC is working fine.

I have a gut-feeling this is a software issue. So before I rush out and buy a new antenna, I wanted to try and troubleshoot it here.

A bit of history.
    All was fine. My wife went away for a couple of weeks, so I connected up an Ethernet cable (which I am not normally allowed to run through the house My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working :) ).

When I disconnected the Ethernet cable upon her return, the wireless seemed to be on the Fritz.

It still reports a strong signal.
    But, it reports "No Internet, secured" underneath the SSID after connecting to it.

Obviously, the browsers do not load any sites.

I am not even able to load the modem-router's firmware interface via its IP address.
    I am not able to ping the IP address of the modem-router.

As I said, the wireless card seems to be working, as it still detects my next-door neighbor's network (in addition to my own) and reports a plausible signal strength for it.

Can anyone suggest how I can determine whether this is hardware or software. I think I've conclusively narrowed it down to either being:
    1. the wireless antenna; or
    2. Windows 10.
    And remember, all I did was stop using it for a couple of weeks.
    Thanks

onefootswill, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Tboggs13 Win User
    Wireless Synch stops working for some reason

Any more suggestions for fixing this problem? I really enjoyed wireless sync when it worked.

Steps I have taken:

• Rebooted the computer (multiple times)
    • Rebooted the phone (multiple times - mostly due to marketplace crashing)
    • Disabled wireless sync and re-enabled. Received success message
    • Installed ZuneDevices.exe - Monitored connections and the phone is definitely connecting. The connect times in zunedevices.exe match the sync times in the Zune desktop client.
    So, the Zune desktop definitely sees the phone. When connected wirelessly, I can see what is on it. However, nothing is actually syncing. Not my podcasts, not my music or apps.

Is there a log for Zune that I can view?

Tboggs13, Oct 29, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working

Desktop suddenly won't connect to any sort of wireless network

Thank you for the details that you've provided. For us to isolate the issue further, we suggest that you try to refresh your IP address and check if you'll be able to connect to your wireless network. Kindly follow the steps below to refresh your IP address
    using a command prompt:

• Press Windows Key + X and from the list choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • When Command Prompt starts, enter the the following lines and after each line press
      Enter to run it:
      • ipconfig /release
      • ipconfig /renew
    • Close Command Prompt and try to connect to the network again.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working

1. My Wireless Connection Suddenly Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Wireless Connection Suddenly

2. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  3. My microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone suddenly stopped working: While I was using my microphone and everything was working as it should, the microphone stopped working and no matter what setting I looked into and changed, it wouldn't work....
  4. Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working: Been using this for around a year and it has suddenly stopped working. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I've found, but nothing has resolved my issue. The device doesn't show up in the device manager and doesn't light up when plugged in as it used to....
  5. Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working: Been using this for around a year and it has suddenly stopped working. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I've found, but nothing has resolved my issue. The device doesn't show up in the device manager and doesn't light up when plugged in as it used to....
  6. Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working

7. My touchpad suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad suddenly stopped working: My touchpad stopped working, and in the settings only appear the option to choose the cursor speed. The option to enable or disable the touchpad doesn`t show up anymore. Can anyone guide me to solve it?...
  8. Wireless Headphones Stereo Mode suddenly stopped working

Wireless Headphones Stereo Mode suddenly stopped working: One night I was on a video call with my wireless headphones and all of a sudden, the auto just dropped out. I disconnected and reconnected them with change since I was no longer getting any audio. I made sure to check the audio sources on my computer and nothing worked,...
  9. Microsoft Sculpt wireless mouse suddenly stopped working

Microsoft Sculpt wireless mouse suddenly stopped working: I have been using the Sculpt keyboard and mouse combo for a while. Last night when I left the office, I removed the USB receiver from my laptop as usual and left it with the mouse. This morning, when I went to plug it back in, the keyboard was working but the mouse was no...
  10. Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working

Wireless LAN Driver suddenly stopped working: Hi, Recently, my wireless LAN driver has stopped working. The only thing which I'm aware of which could've caused this is probably my constantly putting my laptop to sleep. I didn't install any new software recently, and upon checking, my Windows is currently up to date....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wireless suddenly stopped connecting

2. wireless connection quit working