Windows 10: My Wireless Headset is detected as a "Other Device" when its a "Audio Device".

Discus and support My Wireless Headset is detected as a "Other Device" when its a "Audio Device". in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently I found out my pc doesn't support Miracast so it can't connect to Bluetooth. So I connected my wireless headset through USB and it detects it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by calebdabeast101, Feb 10, 2020.

1. My Wireless Headset is detected as a "Other Device" when its a "Audio Device".

Recently I found out my pc doesn't support Miracast so it can't connect to Bluetooth. So I connected my wireless headset through USB and it detects it as a "Other Device" not a "Audio Device" and I can't find out how to fix it. Btw my headset is a "Beats Solo 3".

:)

calebdabeast101, Feb 10, 2020

2. Bluetooth headset doesn't get detected as audio device automatically

Win10 Pro x64 1809
    Headset: August EP650 (Bluetooth v 4.2)
    Portable TV, Portable Freeview Digital TV, Handheld TV, Bluetooth Speakers, Bluetooth Headphones, Bluetooth Receiver, Bluetooth DAB Radio, Clock Radio, TV Aerial

Bluetooth dongle: MPOW MPBH079AB (Bluetooth v 4.0)
    Mpow ® | Match Your Smart Life

I've got the headphones paired via Bluetooth but when clicking on the sound icon in systray there's no option to quick switch.

To get audio through the headset I have to go to Devices and Printers, right-click the headset icon, select Control, then I get the following window:

My Wireless Headset is detected as a "Other Device" when its a "Audio Device". [​IMG]

I then have to choose Connect.

Only then does the option to switch audio appear in the sound pop-up

My Wireless Headset is detected as a "Other Device" when its a "Audio Device". [​IMG]

I'm not sure what is required to get the headphones detected automatically - is it a limitation of the headset or my Bluetooth dongle?

WastedJoker, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse: No Device Detected

Hi Pard,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the Methods below and check.

Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Also perform the steps suggested in the link below and check.

Troubleshooting: Mice

Steps applicable to Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are able to use Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

My Wireless Headset is detected as a "Other Device" when its a "Audio Device".

Headset microphone not being detected in recording devices

We appreciate the information you provided. We'd like to clarify a few more points:

• What kind of other devices did you test your headset and microphone on? Specifically, did you test it with other laptops, desktop computers, or mobile devices?
    • Since your microphone is connected to your headset, does your headset have only one audio jack or does it have two separate jacks, one for audio and one for the microphone?
    • What type of audio port is on your laptop? Some laptops only support headsets, as evidenced by a headset icon (without a microphone) near the audio port. Older devices usually have separate ports in pink and green for audio and microphone. Newer devices
      have hybrid ports, which have both the headset and microphone icons near it.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

My Wireless Headset is detected as a "Other Device" when its a "Audio Device".

1. My Wireless Headset is detected as a "Other Device" when its a "Audio Device". - Similar Threads - Wireless Headset detected

2. My audio device is not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio device is not detected: My audio device is not detected after installing windows 11 update tried removing the update and resting my laptop but nothing worked tried installing fresh drivers and run troubleshooting but also didn't work...
  3. My audio device is not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio device is not detected: My audio device is not detected after installing windows 11 update tried removing the update and resting my laptop but nothing worked tried installing fresh drivers and run troubleshooting but also didn't work...
  4. Missing Audio Device/Not detecting Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Audio Device/Not detecting Audio Device: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 on an external SSD for my 4k iMac 2015. My problem is that after installing Bootcamp Assistant and updating everything, the sound is not detecting any Audio Device. I have tried everything on the Windows Support Software that Apple provided...
  5. Missing Audio Device/Not detecting Audio Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Audio Device/Not detecting Audio Device: Hello, I have installed Windows 10 on an external SSD for my 4k iMac 2015. My problem is that after installing Bootcamp Assistant and updating everything, the sound is not detecting any Audio Device. I have tried everything on the Windows Support Software that Apple provided...
  6. wireless devices not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless devices not detected: Hi!Wireless device is not being detected in Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-devices-not-detected/3c5236b8-afc5-406c-8271-f096226202a6
  7. wireless devices not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless devices not detected: Hi!Wireless device is not being detected in Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-devices-not-detected/3c5236b8-afc5-406c-8271-f096226202a6
  8. External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged

External audio device detected when no audio device is plugged: My pc detects audio device when no audio device is plugged.I have not plugged any audio device but there is speaker in playback. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-audio-device-detected-when-no-audio/1e426f44-a7eb-478f-a523-2eb923a2eb12
  9. Wireless headset will sync, but won't show as a audio device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless headset will sync, but won't show as a audio device: Hello, I've been experiencing a issue over the last few days with my attempts to sync my wireless headset to my computer. Although it works from time to time after clicking the pair button on the headset, syncing as "Unknown device", it stopped doing this when I logged on...
  10. Bluetooth Headset not detected as audio device

Bluetooth Headset not detected as audio device: Hello, I recently purchassed an Sony WH-1000mx3 wireless headset. I am currently trying to use it as playback device on my PC via Bluetooth. The headset is currently paired and connected, but does not appear as a choice of playback device. What i did so far, in no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bluetooth headphones connected as other devices not audio in windows 10