Windows 10: My wireless mouse&keyboard stop working in every 10 seconds

Discus and support My wireless mouse&keyboard stop working in every 10 seconds in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 mouse and keyboard. It moves smoothly when I continuously use it but it lags if there is 10 seconds pause of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MartinDo1, Oct 11, 2020.

1. MartinDo1 Win User

My wireless mouse&keyboard stop working in every 10 seconds

I'm using Microsoft Wireless Desktop 900 mouse and keyboard.

It moves smoothly when I continuously use it but it lags if there is 10 seconds pause of using.

For example, If I read an article on the web site and I scroll down the page after 10 seconds then it doesn't respond immediately.

The mouse and keyboard have the same problem and I tested my computer with other wireless mouses and there is no problem.

So I confirmed that the problem is from this mouse and keyboard not my computer.

Also, I strongly suppose it happens because of its power saving system or something because it doesn't happen if I continuously move the mouse or keyboard.

I want to know how I can stop this lagging. I want to use it smoothly even if it takes the battery quicker.

[Video-youtube] 10 seconds lagging MS Wireless Desktop 900

:)

MartinDo1, Oct 11, 2020

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Oct 11, 2020
  4. My wireless mouse&keyboard stop working in every 10 seconds

wireless mouse stopped working

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why your wireless mouse has stopped working is due to a driver or software conflict. Since you have already tried some troubleshooting steps, we would suggest you to follow the methods provided on this

support link
    on how to Resolve Bluetooth mouse or keyboard failure to function.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

My wireless mouse&keyboard stop working in every 10 seconds

1. My wireless mouse&keyboard stop working in every 10 seconds - Similar Threads - wireless mouse&keyboard stop

2. Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update: After implementing the newest Windows update on my computer 20.10.2023 around 2300h, my original Microsoft Desktop 900 Mouse&Keyboard set has stopped working. I've been looking a solution left and right but i was unable to find one. If anybody can assist me with this problem...
  3. Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse&keyboard stopped working after update: After implementing the newest Windows update on my computer 20.10.2023 around 2300h, my original Microsoft Desktop 900 Mouse&Keyboard set has stopped working. I've been looking a solution left and right but i was unable to find one. If anybody can assist me with this problem...
  4. Wireless mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard not working: I am working from my laptop, I have a wireless mouse and keyboard and I use the usb port in my laptop for it. I am working remote and pluggeda wired 2nd monitor into my laptop and I cant get my mouse or keyboard to work ?...
  5. Wireless mouse and keyboard not working

Wireless mouse and keyboard not working: I am working from my laptop, I have a wireless mouse and keyboard and I use the usb port in my laptop for it. I am working remote and pluggeda wired 2nd monitor into my laptop and I cant get my mouse or keyboard to work ?...
  6. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working: the USB wireless mouse and numbers keypad works but wireless keyboard MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model 1559 stopped working. If I remove the batteries new and put them back in, it will work for a few minutes and then stop working again....
  7. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working: the USB wireless mouse and numbers keypad works but wireless keyboard MS Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Model 1559 stopped working. If I remove the batteries new and put them back in, it will work for a few minutes and then stop working again....
  8. wireless mouse works but wireless keyboard not working

9. Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard stop working for a second every now and then: Just like the title says, no matter what keyboard or mouse that I use (or USB ports) it always will randomly stop, for example the mouse will suddenly become unresponsive but then work fine for ~15 seconds or more. Edit: the sound also begins to freeze/stutter when the mouse...
  10. Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wired mouse and keyboard stop working for a split second every couple of minutes....: I have an HP gaming desktop with an AMD Ryzen 5 processor and Radeon RX 580 graphics card, about one year old. I've been having an issue with it that has been there since the beginning but has lately seemed to accelerate and it's driving me totally crazy (as if other world...