Windows 10: My wireless mouse oddity

Discus and support My wireless mouse oddity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I purchased this wireless mouse in 2017 from a Carrefour supermarket along with grocery. (I use it since then once a week with an old Dell Inspiron... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paultx, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Paultx Win User

My wireless mouse oddity

I purchased this wireless mouse in 2017 from a Carrefour supermarket along with grocery. (I use it since then once a week with an old Dell Inspiron N5010 notebook)

A few days later its scrolling wheel started to fail. I contacted the mouse representative here in Brazil and, after some argument, they sent me a new one, which worked OK until a couple of months ago. Now the scrolling wheel problem is back, I can't find any driver update, but again contacted them and I am waiting for their response.

The oddity of this case starts now. The mouse trademark is Bright, and I said "mouse representative" before because they present themselves on their website as importers and distributors—not manufacturers. So it's no surprise their website doesn't have a software and drivers download section.

When I go check the mouse stuff in my system, I get different things about it.

The Device Manager shows this:

My wireless mouse oddity [​IMG]

Pluralinput Mouse 1.0 twice!

Then I go to Settings > Devices to find this:

Under Mouse, keyboard, & pen, I have this "USB Composite Device". And right below the mouse appears under Other devices and again twice as "Pluralinput Mouse".

So I decided to seek this Pluralinput thing, since I haven't ever heard of it before and never installed anything from it AFAIK.

First, no result from Windows Search in my system. On the web there is this Pluralinput website. And here at Tenforums I found this 2015 thread: Pluralinput Mouse driver 0.8.6 frequently stops working Solved - Windows 10 Forums.

All I want is to solve the scroll wheel issue. But I got a bit paranoid about this Pluralinput thing! WTH is it? Did it take over the original mouse driver? Did it install itself like malware?

I hope you fellows here can give me some help. TIA.

:)

Paultx, Feb 11, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Feb 11, 2019
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Feb 11, 2019
  4. spapakons Win User

My wireless mouse oddity

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Feb 11, 2019
Thema:

My wireless mouse oddity

1. My wireless mouse oddity - Similar Threads - wireless mouse oddity

2. My wireless mouse is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wireless mouse is not working: My wireless mouse is not working, the red light is on but it doesn't show up on bluetooth, the wireless mouse has a small USB I plugged it in but it doesn't work.i updated all drivers, mouse driver and bluetooth....
  3. My wireless mouse is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wireless mouse is not working: My wireless mouse is not working, the red light is on but it doesn't show up on bluetooth, the wireless mouse has a small USB I plugged it in but it doesn't work.i updated all drivers, mouse driver and bluetooth....
  4. My wireless mouse is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My wireless mouse is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wireless mouse is not working: I have just purchased a corsair dark core rgb pro se, however when trying to put the USB dongle in, i get a error. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API. I have tried updating my USB drivers however they are up to date. not...
  6. My wireless mouse is not working

My wireless mouse is not working: I have just purchased a corsair dark core rgb pro se, however when trying to put the USB dongle in, i get a error. This device cannot start. Code 10 Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API. I have tried updating my USB drivers however they are up to date. not...
  7. Network oddities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network oddities: I hope you can help, I've been trying to figure this out and i'm scratching my head.We get intermittent connectivity issues with the client PCs connecting to the server i.e. randomly they will lose the connection to the network drives.In the DHCP settings it was originally...
  8. Network oddities

Network oddities: I hope you can help, I've been trying to figure this out and i'm scratching my head.We get intermittent connectivity issues with the client PCs connecting to the server i.e. randomly they will lose the connection to the network drives.In the DHCP settings it was originally...
  9. my wireless mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my wireless mouse.: my wireless mouse infrared is switching off on its own and it is also failing to connect to the bluetooth USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-mouse/f26d25ae-12b9-4976-bb95-44180db8f4a9
  10. Bios Oddity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bios Oddity: Just built a computer and when I boot it up it takes me to the splash screen which says press del to enter bios ect. Im using a wireless usb keyboard and when I press it and the speaker makes a typing noise but nothing happens?? How can I get it to actually enter bios because...