Windows 10: My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared

Discus and support My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello, so I have a big problem. so my computer glitched out and it forced itself to shut off. when I turn it back on, my internet won't pop up and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sebastiantimarky, May 4, 2020.

1. My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared

hello, so I have a big problem. so my computer glitched out and it forced itself to shut off. when I turn it back on, my internet won't pop up and my computer is telling me that I have to connect my pc to an Ethernet cable. So I go to my device manager, go to network adapters, and I see that my wireless network adapters have disappeared. so I scanned for any hardware changes and nothing has popped up. I looked online and it says that I need to have a Disk in order for me to get my adapters back. But I don't have the disk. is there any way I can get my wireless adapters back without using a disk?

:)

Sebastiantimarky, May 4, 2020

2. Wireless network adapter disappearing?

Hi, I've had an Asus Q400A for about 4 years now. A few months ago, it started doing this thing where I'll be working online, and suddenly I'll lose wifi connection. Then the wifi bars at the bottom of the screen have a yellow exclamation mark on
    them, and then a few seconds later it turns into the Ethernet sign with a red x on it. My wireless adapter disappears completely. If I go to my device manager, all that is listed under my network adapters is the "Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
    Controller (NDIS 6.30)." I am missing my "Intell Centrino Wireless-N 2230" wireless network adapter. It's like my computer's wifi is completely disabled, and I am only able to connect to the internet via Ethernet. Sometimes I am able to fix it with the troubleshooter
    before the adapter shuts off completely and disappears, as it always turns yellow with the exclamation mark for a few seconds before disappearing. If I am fast enough I can run the troubleshooter and it will reset the wireless network adapter before it disappears.
    But when this doesn't work or I am too late, not even restarting or shutting down my computer will bring it back. It just kind of comes back on its own after I let my computer sit turned off for a few hours. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, as I am a busy high
    school senior, and most of my school work and internship work is done on my computer. I have tried reinstalling the intell wireless adapter driver, and that did not work. What should I do? Is this a hardware problem? I have an Asus Q400A notebook running Windows
    10. I have also tried turning off the option for the computer to turn off the adapter to save battery and that did not work.

carsond2704, May 4, 2020
  3. Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, May 4, 2020
  4. My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared

Wireless Adapter disappeared after windows 10 upgrade

Mine, too.

unable to connect any wireless network, public and private two days after the upgrade to 10. Sunday worked; Monday, on & off; Tuesday, none.

The adapter disappeared from network adapter items of the device manger on control panel. Instead, a couple of unfamiliar network adaptor names were listed. When the new ones were disabled, wireless network connection worked as normal. But after my laptop
    was off for a while, the same connection problem. At that time a different network adapter from Microsoft was listed was listed. Disabled it again, but the problem has not been solved.

WoisoonKim, May 4, 2020
Thema:

My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared

1. My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared - Similar Threads - Wireless Network Adapters

2. My wifi adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wifi adapter just disappeared: This has happened twice..My wifi totally disappeared from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-just-disappeared/d480e015-aa61-436b-b087-785933dda92e
  3. My wifi adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wifi adapter just disappeared: This has happened twice..My wifi totally disappeared from my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wifi-adapter-just-disappeared/d480e015-aa61-436b-b087-785933dda92e
  4. Wireless adapter just disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless adapter just disappeared: Hello, I've tried all known troubleshoots that I could find on the internet about dealing with a code 45 wireless adapter error but haven't got any luck. At the last attempt of uninstalling and restarting my machine, the wireless adapter vanished from my devices list and...
  5. Wireless Network adapter

Wireless Network adapter: I recently had trouble with my Realtek 8821ae wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-e nic. Every hour or so my internet would get cut out and it would be a massive problem. The only way I could fix this is by restarting my computer only to face the same problem again. My computer is a...
  6. Wireless network adapters

Wireless network adapters: The wifi card i have in my custom built PC is a qualcomm atheros QCA61x4, and recently it hasn't been working. For the past few months I've been utilizing a wired connection, but I moved and now use wifi, but I cannot detect any networks and therefore can't use the internet...
  7. laptop wireless network adapter and wifi toggle icon just disappeared.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laptop wireless network adapter and wifi toggle icon just disappeared.: I opened my laptop this morning and it was not connecting, so i checked to see if the wifi was on, i noticed the icon was missing. I went to the device manager to configure the driver but a few network adapters were missing. so i went to the system information to check the...
  8. wireless network adapter

wireless network adapter: my wireless network adapter keeps disconnecting i've taken all the recommended steps so far but have had no success fixing the problem. Other devices work fine on it, ethernet works fine on the device in question but wireless connection disconnects over and over and over...
  9. my wireless adapter has disappeared

my wireless adapter has disappeared: I tried downloading the driver again and reinstalling but every attempt ends in the installer shutting itself down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-adapter-has-disappeared/0d9eb620-b400-45c9-a96d-6af50ea4ea77
  10. Wireless Network Adapter

Wireless Network Adapter: Acer Laptop, O/S: win 10 64 bit, the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network adapter is not working; tried to reinstall driver but failed (error 10). What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network-adapter/e5121563-83e5-4bba-9296-23feb77f6b12