Windows 10: My wireless printer has suddenly said "status offline"

Discus and support My wireless printer has suddenly said "status offline" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my computer does not recognise the printer......says it is offline or not switched on when it is.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hilarydale, Nov 11, 2019.

1. My wireless printer has suddenly said "status offline"

my computer does not recognise the printer......says it is offline or not switched on when it is.

:)

hilarydale, Nov 11, 2019

2. wireless printer status shows "offline"

Joythar K

I think you misunderstood my post/question my Windows 10 installation is NOT having trouble seeing or using the wireless network BUT the wireless printer has an assigned IP address by the router (so it is recognized as part of the network) unfortunately
    Windows 10 does not offer it as an available wireless device to choose during the software installation. If I use a network cable or USB cable it installs without a problem. As soon as I disconnect the network cable the "printer status" icon changes from
    "ready" to "offline" and Windows does NOT see the printer again???

savagerx78, Nov 11, 2019
  3. Wireless Printer now offline.

Acquired recently within last two months and had previously established a wireless set up connection between my laptop (win 10) and a HP printer, whilst with my parents over Christmas the PC had a windows update (long one) when compared to earlier window
    version updates, using their router (i.e. without access to my wireless printer). On returning home the established connection is lost and the laptop shows the printer as offline. Printer trouble shooter suggests printer off but is on, none of the office style
    programs give the print option to select the wireless printer. Wireless communications still shows the printer and its IP and the printer itself will work when accessing the HP web page and also responds by sending ink levels back to the Laptop.

Should I start to uninstall and in which order or is there a solution within the Laptop / Windows 10.

If can have some help, but I will need step by step instructions as I'm very unsure of my ablitities.

Thank you Claire

Claire_L0508, Nov 11, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

My wireless printer has suddenly said "status offline"

printer status

Hi Dick,

You may modify the settings to change the printer status. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    to change printer status from offline to online.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

My wireless printer has suddenly said "status offline"

1. My wireless printer has suddenly said "status offline" - Similar Threads - wireless printer has

2. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline: This is to share the "printer offline" solution I just bumped into today after having unsuccessful outcomes from trying some Community suggestions: I right clicked on the offline printer in "Devices and Printers" Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> View Devices and...
  3. Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Network Printer Suddenly Going Offline: This is to share the "printer offline" solution I just bumped into today after having unsuccessful outcomes from trying some Community suggestions: I right clicked on the offline printer in "Devices and Printers" Control Panel> Hardware and Sound> View Devices and...
  4. Printer Offline status

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer Offline status: Having two different issues with our printers connecting and getting up and running. We have two hp laserjet pro mfp m227fdw printers using Windows 10 and connecting over the same wifi.The first issue when connecting to the printer A is the printer is offline and can not get...
  5. Status Offline

Status Offline: Office Jet 3830 was working fine till this day. Suddenly the printer is saying it's offline and I am unable to print. I tried remvoing and adding it back but no luck. Reset also not working....
  6. My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?

My printer status is offline. How do I change the status to online?: My printer status is offline which means it is unable to print a document etc. But it prints test pages and from my iPhone. My question is how do I change the status to online? Thank you...
  7. Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.

Windows 10 Printer Online/Offline Status.: Printer defaults to "OFFLINE" I want default to be ONLINE ??? ***Changed Original Title From: Windows 10 printer*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-printer-onlineoffline-status/5a089008-6ae7-4f18-9d45-66b2a6fe98d9
  8. printer is suddenly offline

printer is suddenly offline: The Devices and printers displays 2 identical printers. I'm guess one is the network connection and one is the wi-fi connection. The wi-fi stopped this morning after printing one page perfectly. Now neither printer seems to be connected. Contacted HP(printer is HP Deskjet...
  9. HP Printer Offline Status on Windows 10

HP Printer Offline Status on Windows 10: The printer disconnected status is your printer's method for revealing to you that something isn't right with the correspondence between your PC and your printer, by means of USB link or system association (remote and wired). So one of the principal things you check is your...
  10. Printer Offline Status on Windows 10

Printer Offline Status on Windows 10: The printer disconnected status is your printer's method for revealing to you that something isn't right with the correspondence between your PC and your printer, by means of USB link or system association (remote and wired). So one of the principal things you check is your...