Windows 10: My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong

Discus and support My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; usually it does, but however this does not happen on a document sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Chelsea Kernich, Sep 18, 2018.

1. My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong

usually it does, but however this does not happen on a document sometimes

:)

Chelsea Kernich, Sep 18, 2018
  2. SriMehar Win User

MS Word 2007: Problem with wrong words underlined

Hi! I am Anirudh . When I write a wrong word in ms word 2007 , it does not get underlined with red or green color . I made a lot mistakes because I thought whatever I wrote was correct . Please give a solution to this because auto-correction is very important
    for me.

SriMehar, Sep 18, 2018
  3. Why cant i add the word "f*cking" to my dictionary?

I would suggest to you that it IS in the dictionary which is why you do not get a red underline on the word. I would also suggest that it does not come up under the "suggested list" of words because it is excluded.

Why is it excluded? To avoid anyone from inadvertantly choosing it (a very good decision). For those that have the need to use it they can spell it out.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Messcar56 Win User

My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong

Spell Checker not working in Mail or Word Windows 10

Sorry I have not answered the first question i.e. what error message do you get when you try spell check?, when I type anything even misspelled words I get no suggestions showing the correct spelled word as though the spelling check facility is not working,
    when I try to spell check the words in the message by clicking onto Options I get a window which showes English (United Kingdom) showing then I click onto the abc spelling I get another small window opening which states Spelling check complete You're good
    to go. No correction has taken place the incorrectly spelt words still exist even if I highlight the incorrectly spelt words no correction takes place. The only way I can correct the spelling errors is to highlight the words or complete message then change
    the language in the window from English (United Kingdom) to English (United States) this then identifies all the incorrectly spelt words with a red underscore under each word. I can then right click on each red underlined word and a corrected word to replace
    appears in a box above the misspelt word. So the spell check is working but will not work when English (United Kingdom) is selected and in my case English ((United Kingdom) is the default language. The same situation occurs with Mobile Word App as the Mail
    App. I hope this explanation allows you to resolve my problem.

Messcar56, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong

1. My word is not underlining when i spell a word wrong - Similar Threads - word underlining spell

2. Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is everything I type in Word underlined with tiny dots?: 1 It started today when I was typing in Word, everything was accompanied/underlined with tiny dots in blue. This doesn't show when I'm printing and all the dots disappear. I suspect some hackers have gotten into my laptop and no security device is effective. Are the dots an...
  3. Dispelled words don't seem to be showing any underline when I'm in Microsoft word in dark...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dispelled words don't seem to be showing any underline when I'm in Microsoft word in dark...: Unsure what I should test to investigate this? submitted by /u/wallpapersdance [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/me5b95/dispelled_words_dont_seem_to_be_showing_any/
  4. Word 365 Spell Check inconsistent

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Word 365 Spell Check inconsistent: I'm proofing a document that was scanned & OCR'd. When I click 'ignore all' on a name it appears to work properly-but after a dozen pages or so I notice that the name is again marked as misspelled. The earlier occurrences are still ignored-and to all appearances the name is...
  5. Word Pad Spell Check

in Windows 10 Support
    Word Pad Spell Check: Why is there no spell check on Word Pad? It should be the most important feature on any document app??? 161836
  6. Wrong Word Icon

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong Word Icon: Running Windows 10 Pro 1809 and Office 2016 and my MS word icon looks like this [ATTACH] All my other Office icons are correct and this is bugging me. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get my word documents to show the proper icon. I've renamed the icon cache to...
  7. Underlining in Word

Underlining in Word: How can I permanently set the underline colour in word, so every new document I create already has the underline colour set to a colour I have selected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/underlining-in-word/184bb8ec-d6ed-4703-b187-1cf9292b7a14
  8. Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words

Windows 10 is not underlining misspelled words: In the new Word, misspelled words are not being underlined. How do I activate it to pick up and underline misspelled words? It was automatic in the old version, but not now!...
  9. internet settings. Word and spelling suggestions.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet settings. Word and spelling suggestions.: How do I turn off word spelling suggestions on internet? and in chat rooms the first letter I type does not come up on the mess box misspelling the word. Don't know if problem is related but only does it when the word suggestion box pups up. Very frustrating. thanks for any...
  10. Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds

in Windows 10 Support
    Double Underlined Words Pop Up Adds: Hello Almost every where I go on the net viewing text I see double underlined words and when the mouse cursor hits them an add pops up. It is annoying but I can avoid it by not touching them with the mouse. This just started recently and it's getting worse. I wonder if there...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. spelling wrong with red underline how to correct

2. words not being underlined when spelled incorrectly

3. not underlining mistakes win 10

4. from where red underline the incorrect word in ms-word,
  5. why isnt word underlining incorrect spelling,
  6. underline misspelled words in word,
  7. i am not geeting underline for the wrong spelling in the word,
  8. word spelling not underlined,
  9. word not underlining incorrectly spelt words in red,
  10. word is not underlined incorrect spelling,
  11. word is not underlining incorrect spelling