Windows 10: My word wont open

Discus and support My word wont open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; the code execution cannot proceed because vcruntime140_1.dll was not found? what should i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SulaimanSayyed, Apr 26, 2020.

1. My word wont open

the code execution cannot proceed because vcruntime140_1.dll was not found?

what should i do?

:)

SulaimanSayyed, Apr 26, 2020

2. word wont open docx files

I had a close look at the file you sent me. I had no problem opening it with MS Word 2010. To find out what is going on I suggest you do this:

• Save the file to your desktop, then double-click it to open it.
    • If Word will not open it, see if you can open it with
      Libre Office.
    BTW - you might want to defer your critical remarks about Microsoft's ability to write code until you know the actual cause of your problem. Pointing fingers prematurely is detrimental when solving a problem. It might be caused by the mail client you use,
    Thunderbird.

Frederik Long, Apr 26, 2020
  3. asus2016 Win User
    Word opening files as Document1, Document2

This was the ticket. The .docx extension was associated with a word document template file type.

I used Nirsoft's File Types Manager software to correct this and now everything works fine.

That is, I open the document itself (not two copies or one copy), for reading or editing, if I:

• Double-click on the file which I usually do
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open with > Word"
    • Right-click on the file and pick "open"

Prior to your help and my fixing it, only the third option above worked.

Big thanks.

asus2016, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

My word wont open

three word suggestions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to disable word suggestions when you type any word. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

To disable text suggestions, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Devices, and click on
      Typing
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, under Typing toggle the switch to off for
      Show text suggestions as I type on the software keyboard.
    4. Under Hardware keyboard, toggle the switch to on for
      Show text suggestions as I type.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

My word wont open

1. My word wont open - Similar Threads - word wont open

2. My game wont open.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My game wont open.: Hello, I have a windows 10 pc and I moved a game from my 918 GB external drive , the game is need for speed underground 2 , and when I open the game's file it sort of crashes. I mean I click on the app icon, it tries to open and then crashes and closes. Please help me. Thank...
  3. My game wont open.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My game wont open.: Hello, I have a windows 10 pc and I moved a game from my 918 GB external drive , the game is need for speed underground 2 , and when I open the game's file it sort of crashes. I mean I click on the app icon, it tries to open and then crashes and closes. Please help me. Thank...
  4. Word not opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word not opening.: I have 365. I can not open word or PDF documents. I have uninstalled 365 and re-installed. I have removed all COMM add-ons. Other apps excel and powerpoint start fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-not-opening/a9381300-3bfa-4c7d-8f93-b2bb239d4fbd
  5. Word not opening.

Word not opening.: I have 365. I can not open word or PDF documents. I have uninstalled 365 and re-installed. I have removed all COMM add-ons. Other apps excel and powerpoint start fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-not-opening/a9381300-3bfa-4c7d-8f93-b2bb239d4fbd
  6. exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open

exe files wont open browsers wont open regedit wont open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open: exe files won't open browsers won't open regedit won't open cmd wont open Microsoft edge will open and no safeboot all exe files turned white keeps asking how do you want to open this file...
  7. My settings wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    My settings wont open: Hello. I cant open my settings and ive tried every method. I think its because i tried to switch screen 1 to screen 2 and have only 1 monitor. Can someone help pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-settings-wont-open/45a75387-d440-499d-807b-4b09ea0452e8
  8. my file wont open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my file wont open: So my file wont open and I think the problem is there is a internet explorer symbol next to it. how do get back the basic file opener for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-wont-open/5ade6e2a-3cb0-48b3-8775-bced80773e36
  9. my games wont open

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    my games wont open: my games wont open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-games-wont-open/6a956dd4-cf9b-42eb-8bcd-b0674063f603
  10. my downloads wont open

in Windows 10 Customization
    my downloads wont open: When I download something it ask me will you allow this device/program make changes on you computer I click yes but it wont open please help. Thank you...