Windows 10: My working computer keeps dropping off internet

Discus and support My working computer keeps dropping off internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Would like to ask help for my working computer which has nearly whole day today for no internet connection. The error message says that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hong Li Audrey, Oct 2, 2020.

1. My working computer keeps dropping off internet

Hi,

Would like to ask help for my working computer which has nearly whole day today for no internet connection.

The error message says that there is DNS probe no internet.

The helpdesk helped to clean the cache, but the problem happened again.. thus help desk asked me to restore window and it failed for restoration.

Is there any help for it

Audrey

:)

Hong Li Audrey, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Gramps Win User

Internet connection dropping

I had already tried this and it did not work. I did find an updated driver for my adapter (Realtek) and so far no more problems. Thanks for the suggestion!

Gramps, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Computer keeps dropping Internet connection

I bought a used computer and since I have attached it to my network I have had nothing but problems. First it seems as thought it was acting as a DHCP server somehow as some devices when connecting to my network would pick up the IP address of this new computer as the default gateway. I went into device manager deleted the network adapter and let it reinstall (not sure if that is correct)

Now it is constantly losing Internet connection and getting it back. It is hard wired, running Windows 10.

Here is what ipconfig says:

My working computer keeps dropping off internet [​IMG]

Not sure what to do next, but it cuts in and out every 2 minutes or so now.

superwindow, Oct 2, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

My working computer keeps dropping off internet

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Hello, are you always connected to the same router - or are you skipping to others? Suggest disabling these settings:

Also check your channel is not congested, and signal strength is adequate. There are freeware tools which can show you this information.

You might have to change band (frequency) - and in one scenario where someone was renting a place it was suggested the owner was restricting Wifi bandwidth...!

I'm sure others more experienced in these issues will comment.

dalchina, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

My working computer keeps dropping off internet

1. My working computer keeps dropping off internet - Similar Threads - working computer keeps

2. Internet keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps dropping: My internet connection keeps going off and on line. I have restarted my computer and reset the router, troubleshoot the connection and it comes back with no problems. Still getting dropped connections...
  3. Internet keeps dropping

Internet keeps dropping: Hi everyone, I have been trying to solve this issue for ages and have tried everything I could find online, including many posts on these forums. My wifi connection keeps dropping out. Sometimes it's clearly a broken connection to the router i.e. the icon turns to no...
  4. People dropping off the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    People dropping off the internet: I worked with the military for over 30 years with computer applications. Also some very large hospitals and they are getting certain systems in certain departments removed from the internet completely. The COVID-19 research has had a serious problem hat was resolved when...
  5. Prople dropping off the internet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Prople dropping off the internet: I worked with the military for over 30 years with computer applications. Also some very large hospitals and they are getting certain systems in certain departments removed from the internet completely. The COVID-19 research has had a serious problem hat was resolved when...
  6. Internet Keeps Dropping Out

Internet Keeps Dropping Out: I recently got a new PC and realized that there is a problem with the internet. I have an ethernet cable plugged in but every few minutes or so, my internet will drop for a second or 2 and come right back on. This is the same ethernet cable and everything I have been using on...
  7. Computer keeps dropping internet although it shows connected

Computer keeps dropping internet although it shows connected: I am running Windows 10 1803 with latest updates. Recently started losing internet connection although the computer shows that I am connected with the internet. I lose the internet both when connected through LANs and when connected through WI-FI. Other computers and...
  8. My internet keeps dropping out!

My internet keeps dropping out!: I have so many reasons I need help with my network! For starters. Because of various reasons I just don't think it necessary to for me to get into here, my wife and I have decided to home school our daughter this fall. This means we MUST have good internet access. Then of...
  9. Computer keeps dropping Internet connection

Computer keeps dropping Internet connection: I bought a used computer and since I have attached it to my network I have had nothing but problems. First it seems as thought it was acting as a DHCP server somehow as some devices when connecting to my network would pick up the IP address of this new computer as the default...
  10. Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping: I appreciate that this is a common Internet topic but I simply can't find a solution. Before upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 I ran the check which advised that my system is compatible and then updated it. Everything ran fine for about a day, but since then my Wifi Internet...