Windows 10: My wuauserv registry keeps getting deleted every time the computer reboots. I cannot...

Discus and support My wuauserv registry keeps getting deleted every time the computer reboots. I cannot... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I shut down or restart the computer it gets deleted. So I can't get the Windows Update service to start. Ran sfc/scannow a lot of times.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AniNash, Jan 10, 2021.

1. AniNash Win User

My wuauserv registry keeps getting deleted every time the computer reboots. I cannot...

Every time I shut down or restart the computer it gets deleted. So I can't get the Windows Update service to start. Ran sfc/scannow a lot of times. Every time it repairs something until it cannot find any more issues. But the problem persists the next time I boot. Suffered a ransomware attackBOOA a few days back. Used Malwarebytes to disinfect the computer, but it does not find any more malwares or viruses. Searched the internet a lot about this problem. Couldn't find any solution. At least tell me a way to run Windows Update service without having to restart.

:)

AniNash, Jan 10, 2021

2. Registry folder removed after reboot

You need to do this to find out:

1. Play the game, then close it.
    2. Check if the registry subkeys of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\ exist.
    3. Reboot.
    4. Check if the registry subkeys of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JavaSoft\ exist.

I strongly suspect that the answer is "Yes" in Steps 2 and 4. This would mean that the game deletes the subkeys.

Frederik Long, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Dev S. Win User
    Wuauserv registry keeps getting deleted everytime i restart.

So recently my brother who plays a lot of games happened to download a suspicious program from the internet.

After that windows update and windows security stopped working.

Ive been trying to search online for help but none of those solutions seem to work.

Windows update and windows defender antivirus seems to be deleted from services and i cant find them on registry either.

I tried adding wuauserv manually with working registry and windows update started to work but not for long.

As soon i as i restarted my computer, those registries were gone. I even tried resetting my pc but windows update and windows defender doesnot work at all.

I can send you the link of the program he installed as well if youd like.

I hope some of you can help me.
    My wuauserv registry keeps getting deleted every time the computer reboots. I cannot... f6738559-c957-4542-be79-99b48e47b37c?upload=true.png

My wuauserv registry keeps getting deleted every time the computer reboots. I cannot... 57f3583c-1ecc-4029-ad2f-2b762c64156e?upload=true.png

Dev S., Jan 10, 2021
  4. Jayzilla Win User

My wuauserv registry keeps getting deleted every time the computer reboots. I cannot...

Delete mails in Outlook but want to keep mails untouch in webmail

When I deleted an email in outlook and my webmail got deleted too. I want to keep all the inbox mails from the webmail even I complete deleted in outlook. I spend hrs can't think it out how. Any step by step instruction? I'm using IMAP account btw. Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Jayzilla, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. My wuauserv registry keeps getting deleted every time the computer reboots. I cannot... - Similar Threads - wuauserv registry keeps

2. wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc: I can't run Windows Update because the wuauserv registry is missing. I downloaded wuauserv.reg from Google Chrome and merged it and rebooted, but It's been removed automatically by malware attacks. Anyone can give me instructions about how to remove those malware? Thanks....
  3. wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wuauserv registry is being removed after rebooting my pc: I can't run Windows Update because the wuauserv registry is missing. I downloaded wuauserv.reg from Google Chrome and merged it and rebooted, but It's been removed automatically by malware attacks. Anyone can give me instructions about how to remove those malware? Thanks....
  4. My "wuauserv" registry is deleted every time I restart my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "wuauserv" registry is deleted every time I restart my computer.: I have already managed to get it to fix the problem temporarily, each time I restart my computer the "wuauserv" registry gets deleted, I scanned my computer multiple times using my antivirus and it doesn't find a problem....
  5. My "wuauserv" registry is deleted every time I restart my computer.

My "wuauserv" registry is deleted every time I restart my computer.: I have already managed to get it to fix the problem temporarily, each time I restart my computer the "wuauserv" registry gets deleted, I scanned my computer multiple times using my antivirus and it doesn't find a problem....
  6. My "wuauserv" registry is deleted every time I restart my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. WUAUSERV keeps getting deleted after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WUAUSERV keeps getting deleted after restarting: Hey,I got a ransomware attack on 28th of December 2020.The virus is gone now I believe however I cannot update Windows or open Windows Defender ever since then.Screenshot of the event I get when I try to open Windows Defender in Event ViewerScreenshot of Windows Update when I...
  8. WUAUSERV keeps getting deleted after restarting

WUAUSERV keeps getting deleted after restarting: Hey,I got a ransomware attack on 28th of December 2020.The virus is gone now I believe however I cannot update Windows or open Windows Defender ever since then.Screenshot of the event I get when I try to open Windows Defender in Event ViewerScreenshot of Windows Update when I...
  9. WUAUSERV keeps getting deleted after restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Wuauserv registry keeps getting deleted everytime i restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wuauserv registry keeps getting deleted everytime i restart.: So recently my brother who plays a lot of games happened to download a suspicious program from the internet. After that windows update and windows security stopped working. Ive been trying to search online for help but none of those solutions seem to work. Windows update...