Windows 10: My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working

Discus and support My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloA couple of days ago I felt like playing a game when I suddenly noticed that my controller wasn't really working. The controller itself lights up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Manga Oni, Jan 28, 2023.

1. Manga Oni Win User

My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working

HelloA couple of days ago I felt like playing a game when I suddenly noticed that my controller wasn't really working. The controller itself lights up as It usually does but I couldn't use the controller in-game. If you press the xbox logo on the controller, It usually sends you into steam which It didn't this time. I tried going in to the xbox accessories app and to my suprise the controller worked. I looked up stuff on youtube about the controller not connecting and I saw that I had to go in to the device manager. I went in and saw a yellow icon on top of the device icon. I right clicked and

:)

Manga Oni, Jan 28, 2023

2. Xbox one controller suddenly not working with Windows 10

Problem description:

- Xbox One controller now listed in Device Manager as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

- I get the following "USB device not recognized" notification when connecting Xbox One controller:

The last usb device you connected to this computer malfunctioned

Troubleshooting steps taken:

- Restart computer multiple times

- Try with 2 additional USB cables

- Try all 3 cables in different USB slots

- Uninstall controller in Device Manager, then reconnected controller. Devices is re-added with same error message:

"Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Observations:

- When I tried plugging controller into the keyboard's built in USB sockets, it caused the keyboard and mouse to suddenly stop working and appear to power down until restart.

- This controller has never had this problem on this device in the past, and has previous worked perfectly with all 3 cables I used in testing.

Any additional troubleshooting steps you can suggest? Thanks in advance.

Nathan2014, Jan 28, 2023
  3. Pareeeee Win User
    All of my USB Controller drivers suddenly stopped working

Everything was working fine - I went out for about an hour and came back to my PC and the mouse and keyboard had stopped working. They work fine in BIOS and in the Automatic Repair screen so I know it's a Windows issue, not a hardware one.

I was finally able to borrow a PS/2 keyboard yesterday (which is awful to navigate without a mouse *Shock) and navigated to Device Manager where I discovered that all of the USB ports, controllers etc. have the little warning icon.

Device manager tells me that the driver might be missing or corrupted, but when I click "Update Driver" it contradicts itself by saying I already have the best drivers available! (Thanks Microsoft! *Rolleyes)

Anyway, the only thing I can think of that I've done recently is update my graphics card drivers - but I have since rolled them back. I suppose a Windows Update could have taken place during that hour I was out.

I have tried the following:
    - Plugging in USB devices into every port. None of them are recognized.
    - Uninstalling all of the USB device drivers - they just come back as soon as I refresh "scan for hardware changes
    - Windows updates
    - Installing the drivers straight from my motherboard manufacturer website (Windows doesn't want me to install those *Rolleyes)
    - No options to roll back drivers
    - Updating from Device Manager
    - Disabling / Enabling from Device Manager
    - Disabled "Fast Startup" (as suggested elsewhere)

PS: I apologize in advance for the phone pics but it's too hard to do this on my PC with only a keyboard.

My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working 235778d1559394671t-all-my-usb-controller-drivers-suddenly-stopped-working-20190531_235157.jpg

My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working 235779d1559394671t-all-my-usb-controller-drivers-suddenly-stopped-working-20190531_235208.jpg

My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working 235781d1559394671t-all-my-usb-controller-drivers-suddenly-stopped-working-20190531_235232.jpg

My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working 235780d1559394671t-all-my-usb-controller-drivers-suddenly-stopped-working-20190531_235222.jpg

Pareeeee, Jan 28, 2023
  4. hmw2 Win User

XB1 Controller on WIndows 10 - Code 19

Hello,

So I have an issue with getting my XB1 controller to work on WIndows 10 machine (Alienware Alpha)

In device manager, XB1 controller has a yellow warning symbol. In properties its giving a error: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I have tried uninstalling and restarting, I have tried the same with the USB drivers. I can't change the driver to an older version as it returns the same error. Troubleshooting didn't fix it. Trying it in different USB slots didn't fix it.

At a loss now!

Thema:

1. My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - xb1 spectra pro

2. my keyboard suddenly stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my keyboard suddenly stopped working.: My Keyboard suddenly stopped working, I have tried a few different things from reading on the internet. But i still cannot get it to work. The mouse works and the touch screen works...
  3. My microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone suddenly stopped working: While I was using my microphone and everything was working as it should, the microphone stopped working and no matter what setting I looked into and changed, it wouldn't work....
  4. My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My xb1 spectra pro controller suddenly stopped working: HelloA couple of days ago I felt like playing a game when I suddenly noticed that my controller wasn't really working. The controller itself lights up as It usually does but I couldn't use the controller in-game. If you press the xbox logo on the controller, It usually sends...
  5. My touchpad suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My touchpad suddenly stopped working: My touchpad stopped working, and in the settings only appear the option to choose the cursor speed. The option to enable or disable the touchpad doesn`t show up anymore. Can anyone guide me to solve it?...
  6. My Bluetooth stopped working suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Bluetooth stopped working suddenly: I was watching Netflix and my Bluetooth earphones disconnected suddenly and I couldn't see the Bluetooth icon. I restarted my PC. then installed the Bluetooth driver. From Services.mnc I chnaged Bluetooth Support Service from Manual to automatic and again restarted my PC....
  7. All of my USB Controller drivers suddenly stopped working

All of my USB Controller drivers suddenly stopped working: Everything was working fine - I went out for about an hour and came back to my PC and the mouse and keyboard had stopped working. They work fine in BIOS and in the Automatic Repair screen so I know it's a Windows issue, not a hardware one. I was finally able to borrow a PS/2...
  8. Question about the XB1 controller and Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about the XB1 controller and Windows 10.: Is there anyway to check the battery level? I didn't see anything in the game bar. This would be a really convenient feature. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/question-about-the-xb1-controller-and-windows-10/f739f6d0-51ff-47cb-9824-62ce72afb803
  9. Fightstick controller suddenly stops working in Windows10

Fightstick controller suddenly stops working in Windows10: I have a Streetfighter X Tekken Arcade Fightstick Pro by Madcatz. It's an officially licensed Xbox360 controller for fighting games. It's even listed here as fully supported in windows 10 and was working until recently....
  10. Far Cry Primal works with wired XB1 controller, but not Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Far Cry Primal works with wired XB1 controller, but not Bluetooth: So, I just bought and installed Far Cry Primal from UPlay. I fired it up for the first time with my Xbox One controller paired via Bluetooth. Game doesn't accept input from it. So I started a new game anyway, unpaired the controller and re-paired it, then Alt-tabbed back into...