Windows 10: My xbox 360 controller seems to be malfunctioning after the latest windows 10 update which...

Discus and support My xbox 360 controller seems to be malfunctioning after the latest windows 10 update which... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So as the title suggests, my xbox 360 controller has been malfunctioning after the latest windows update as of May 22, 2020. To explain it briefly, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BeepWolf258, May 22, 2020.

1. My xbox 360 controller seems to be malfunctioning after the latest windows 10 update which...

So as the title suggests, my xbox 360 controller has been malfunctioning after the latest windows update as of May 22, 2020.
    To explain it briefly, the controller thumbstics has been acting abnormally. Here's how it functions now:

Left Thumbsticks:
    Forward movement isn't registered at all.
    Backwards movement isn't registered properly, it's as if the stick isn't pushed all the way
    Left and right works just fine.

Right Thumbsticks:
    Even when centered, the controller slowly drifts to the right.
    Moving the thumbstick to the left stops the drifting as if it was centered.

Here's all the possible solutions I tried:

1. Download and install the latest xbox accessories driver.
    2. From the device manager, tried reinstalling existing drivers. There were 4 of them, and none of them seemed to make any differences.
    3. This problem isn't game specific, it happens in every single game and also when calibrating the controller from the windows setting:

3. Didn't get to try the same controller on other devices since I am stuck at home but it worked just fine before the last two updates:

My xbox 360 controller seems to be malfunctioning after the latest windows 10 update which... 8f4e6c35-a788-4018-aa3e-7caec71f82a0?upload=true.png

From what I've seen, I seem to be the only one facing this issue, would gladly accept any possible solution suggestions.

:)

BeepWolf258, May 22, 2020

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, May 22, 2020
  3. xbox 360 controller not working properly after the latest update

Hi Matt,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are experiencing this kind of issue. To isolate this concern, we suggest that you re-calibrate your Xbox 360 controller for Windows. To proceed, you can check this

link

After re-calibrating your Xbox 360 controller, we recommend that you visit this

link
    for additional troubleshooting steps.

Keep us posted with the results.

Wilfred Mac, May 22, 2020
  4. My xbox 360 controller seems to be malfunctioning after the latest windows 10 update which...

Syncing issue with Xbox 360 controller

Hello Pedro, my name is Alexander. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'm happy to assist you!

I recommend that you try downloading and installing the latest updates for Windows. In many cases this operation solves the problem. Follow the link on how to update Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402766...

Note, the latest Windows 10 version is 1803 (OS build 17134.319).

Refer to the steps from this support article: How to set up an Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/...

If you think that Xbox 360 controller causes the issue, perform the steps from this article: Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/...
    These troubleshooting steps can be applied to Windows 10.

Best regards,

Alexander B.

Alexander Bertnikov, May 22, 2020
Thema:

My xbox 360 controller seems to be malfunctioning after the latest windows 10 update which...

1. My xbox 360 controller seems to be malfunctioning after the latest windows 10 update which... - Similar Threads - xbox 360 controller

2. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.: Title says it all, just updated W10 yesterday, I have a wired 360 controller that was working perfectly fine on w10 until the most recent update....
  3. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.: Title says it all, just updated W10 yesterday, I have a wired 360 controller that was working perfectly fine on w10 until the most recent update....
  4. XBOX 360 controller not working after new update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Xbox 360 controller is not woking

My Xbox 360 controller is not woking: My issue is with the: "wired Xbox 360 controller" the device manager says "Unknown USB DeviceDevice descriptor request failed".I'm on Windows 10 version 21h1. By going into proprieties >Details> Hardware IDS the Vaule is: "USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE. I used to use this...
  6. My Xbox 360 controller is not woking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox 360 controller is not woking: My issue is with the: "wired Xbox 360 controller" the device manager says "Unknown USB DeviceDevice descriptor request failed".I'm on Windows 10 version 21h1. By going into proprieties >Details> Hardware IDS the Vaule is: "USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE. I used to use this...
  7. My Xbox 360 controller is not woking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wireless Xbox 360 Controller with latest Windows 10 update

Wireless Xbox 360 Controller with latest Windows 10 update: Hello everyone. Windows 10 updated today and since then, my Xbox 360 Controller hasn't been working. My current version is 2004 (OS Build 19041.508) I have an official Xbox 360 controller and the official Play&Charge kit, though admittedly not the official wireless...
  9. Latest Windows Verison Update broke my Xbox 360 Controller. HELP !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest Windows Verison Update broke my Xbox 360 Controller. HELP !: I tried reinstalling drivers and everything. wut do? submitted by /u/zayonis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmwgyl/latest_windows_verison_update_broke_my_xbox_360/
  10. After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working

After Windows update, Xbox 360 controller stopped working: I use Windows 10 PC and after last update my Xbox controllers connected wirelessly with the dongle adapter stopped working. However the other controllers work without problems. I cannot find new drivers for this controller anywhere - they offer the drivers only for Windows...