Windows 10: My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB

Discus and support My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was playing whilst connecting my controller with a micro USB cable for the past year and it’s been fine. But today I plug it in and it doesn’t work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RohanaWanasinghe, Nov 30, 2021.

1. My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB

I was playing whilst connecting my controller with a micro USB cable for the past year and it’s been fine. But today I plug it in and it doesn’t work. I’ve tried using my other Xbox controller and also a different wire and port and nothing seems to work.Any assistance would be much appreciated

:)

RohanaWanasinghe, Nov 30, 2021
  2. Ariel Acu Win User

Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Hi Trey,

Using a micro-USB cable is one way on how you can connect your Xbox One Controller to a Windows 10 PC. Once connected, it will install the most current drivers needed for your controller. Regarding your concern, have you tried using another micro-USB
    cable? If not, we suggest that you uninstall first the current driver for your Xbox One Controller on your computer, restart, and then connect the controller using another USB cable.
    There's a possibility that it affects the computer to get the correct driver for your controller.

If your Xbox One Controller still treated as the generic controller, we recommend that you manually install the driver by performing the following steps:

• Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
    • Once Device Manager opens, locate and right-click Xbox One Controller.
    • From the menu choose Update Driver Software.
    • Click on Browse my computer for driver software.
    • Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
    • Locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller on the list and click
      Next
      to install it. If you can’t locate Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver, you might have to uncheck
      Show compatible hardware option.

Let us know if that works for you.

Ariel Acu, Nov 30, 2021
  3. Xbox One Controller Wired Connection Registers as Generic Controller

Recently, I've been having issues with my controller registering as a generic controller when connecting it through a micro USB. This causes an issue with playing games that require an XInput device. I've connected it using Bluetooth and it registers perfectly
    fine. However, since my Bluetooth adapter is fairly cheap, there's a lot of latency to my inputs, so I'd rather use a wired connection.

I have both a laptop and a desktop, both of which have the same issue. I've reinstalled all of my USB drivers and device manager says that my xbox controller driver is up to date as well.

Is there anything else that I need to change or update in order for my controller to register correctly?

Trey Nevitt, Nov 30, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 30, 2021
Thema:

My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB

1. My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB - Similar Threads - Xbox controller doesn’t

2. USB pnp not connecting/registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB pnp not connecting/registering: When I connect my microphone it shows up and connects and then sometimes it almost immediately gets disconnected even though its still plugged in. When it disconnects my audio cuts out for a split second and then returns. the range of time that the microphone is randomly...
  3. My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB: I was playing whilst connecting my controller with a micro USB cable for the past year and it’s been fine. But today I plug it in and it doesn’t work. I’ve tried using my other Xbox controller and also a different wire and port and nothing seems to work.Any assistance would...
  4. My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB

My Xbox controller doesn’t not register when connected with micro USB: I was playing whilst connecting my controller with a micro USB cable for the past year and it’s been fine. But today I plug it in and it doesn’t work. I’ve tried using my other Xbox controller and also a different wire and port and nothing seems to work.Any assistance would...
  5. Triggers on xbox one controller not registering when on Bluetooth

Triggers on xbox one controller not registering when on Bluetooth: Hello, So I recently wanted to get back into FFXIV but I noticed my PC needed to update. I ran the update and now my triggers for my Xbox one controller are not registering in some games when on a wireless connection, I am currently running this windows version below.Edition...
  6. Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  7. Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  8. Xbox controller doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox controller doesn’t work: I don’t know why but my xbox controller doesn’t work in any way on my pc even after I updated my drivers and tried like 3 different cables in different slots and it lights up showing it works but it keeps making a disconnect noise and it doesn’t work. I need help submitted...
  9. Xbox wireless controller is not registered by PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless controller is not registered by PC: For some reason And i had moved to a new place. My old Xbox one wireless controller wouldn't sync to my PC with theXbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 because my OS is Win10. No matter in which USB port in which I would place the dongle I'll get the same issue with both the...
  10. Connecting my xbox controller

Connecting my xbox controller: I don't see the Bluetooth option on my pc and when I try connecting it it says "cant connect". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-my-xbox-controller/a4bc1d3d-d4a6-42d5-bc92-e7c33fbebc99