Windows 10: My Xbox game bar clip has a black background

Discus and support My Xbox game bar clip has a black background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I finished recording my Xbox game bar vid and is rewatching it, I saw that the pc screen is minimized and put at the top left corner instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Lexorty, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Lexorty Win User

My Xbox game bar clip has a black background

When I finished recording my Xbox game bar vid and is rewatching it, I saw that the pc screen is minimized and put at the top left corner instead of the entire pc recording screen. there was a black background that distract most of the recording. So most of the videos is distracted by the black background how do I fix that?

:)

Lexorty, Dec 3, 2020
  2. Ramhound Win User

Xbox Game bar after uninstalling UWP and disabling UAC

The Game DVR feature and specifically the in-game Game Bar that appears in compatible applications, is controlled by the Xbox Universal Windows Platform application, which is one of the default provisioned UWP applications.

Yes

In order to disable the Game DVR you have to disable it within the Xbox application.

Source: How to Disable Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)

Once you disable the Game DVR functionality it will stay disabled.

In order to turn UAC competely, open regedit, and navigate to following location.

You are going to have to modify the value of EnableLUA to 0. Setting the UAC setting to it's lowest setting, within the Control Panel on Windows 10, does not actually disable UAC.

Ramhound, Dec 3, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar only records 15 second game clips

When I record a game clip using xbox game bar, it only records 15 seconds and not 30 despite having it set to record 30 seconds, this happens when I use the Windows key + Alt + G shortcut, or when I manually open game bar and hit record game clip. Anyone
    got any idea how to fix it?

PandaCheese13, Dec 3, 2020
  4. My Xbox game bar clip has a black background

Cannot open Xbox App game bar

Hi Jamie,

Issues with saving your video clips or using the Game bar on Windows 10 are possibly caused by an outdated Xbox app or a corrupted folder on Windows Explorer. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you move your saved video clips to another folder within
    the PC. The next saved videos will automatically go to the new folder.

If the issue persists, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache. Then, uninstall and reinstall the Xbox App to manually update it by following the steps below:

To reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

To update the Xbox App:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    • Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage  
    • Hit Enter.  
    • Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.  

You can also sign in to another use to isolate if there is an issue with your profile.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reply to this post anytime.

Loraine Mon, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

My Xbox game bar clip has a black background

1. My Xbox game bar clip has a black background - Similar Threads - Xbox game bar

2. Record a game clip on your PC with Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Record a game clip on your PC with Xbox Game Bar: I got a pc with windows 11 and my game bar won't let me record it'll only let me take a screenshot. When I try to record it tells me "Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures" but it won't tell me what hardware I'm missing, and it doesn't have a x on...
  3. Xbox Game Bar not recording Voice in clips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar not recording Voice in clips?: so in the past when i clipped the last minute it would record my own voice too but right now when i try to clip it doesnt record the mic even if i was talking and even when the mic was turned on, any help to get it to record my mic when clipping? submitted by...
  4. Xbox Game Bar Clips

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar Clips: Hey there I am trying to get some clarification. I used multiple posts on here to move my captures to a SSD drive, and it is working fine. I wanted to do a quick test of recording a small clip without the drive plugged in, but I haven't been able to find it yet. I was just...
  5. Xbox game bar trimming clips

Xbox game bar trimming clips: How do I trim the videos I record on Xbox game bar, when I try to shorten in through the actual mp4 it says I don't have permission, so if anyone knows how to directly trim the clips from the game bar itself, please tell me. submitted by /u/Zxnith_ [link] [comments]...
  6. Xbox Game Bar Clip

Xbox Game Bar Clip: I didn't know where to post this so I posted it here. I was playing apex and clipped something from gamebar. When I went to check out the clip all it was showing was my in game settings for apex. Is this a problem for other people too and is there a fix? I was using apex in...
  7. Xbox Game Bar clips are frozen (with audio in the background)

Xbox Game Bar clips are frozen (with audio in the background): This doesn't happen 100% of the time but sometimes when I record a clip using Win + G and then click the "Record clip" button (alternatively, I've also used Win + Alt + G), I capture a clip that seems to be frozen, however the audio of the clip still plays in the background....
  8. Xbox game bar not recording clips on pc

Xbox game bar not recording clips on pc: When I try to record a clip it records the audio but instead of recording the video is has a still image, any idea why? This started happening a couple weeks ago. submitted by /u/DarkReverseFlash [link] [comments]...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder: So I played PUBG and record it using Xbox Game Bar for almost 2 hours then when I'm finished I pressed Win+Alt+R to stop recording and the I close the game. When I open Captures folder, there is no new recording in there, only the old one. Windows 10 Home Insider Preview...
  10. Clipping using xbox game bar bug?

Clipping using xbox game bar bug?: It says the command Win+Alt+G records the last 30 seconds of gameplay. However, when I try that, it recorded like 11 seconds sometimes, then 20 seconds, then like 4 seconds. Never recorded a full 30 seconds, and constantly recorded inconsistent amounts of time. Anyone got a...