Windows 10: My xbox game bar is greyed out, I can't record my screen. Even the recording preferences...

Discus and support My xbox game bar is greyed out, I can't record my screen. Even the recording preferences... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can't record my screen. I've tried all the tips on youtube but it still didn;t work. I've tried the regedit tips, reinstalling the xbox, changing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Fandi Imanda Himawan, May 24, 2022.

1. My xbox game bar is greyed out, I can't record my screen. Even the recording preferences...

I can't record my screen. I've tried all the tips on youtube but it still didn;t work. I've tried the regedit tips, reinstalling the xbox, changing the settings on local group policy, even my recording preferences are missing. Did anyone got the solution?? please i need your help :

:)

Fandi Imanda Himawan, May 24, 2022

2. XBOX GAME BAR RECORDINGS

Hello, a couple days ago I've been able to use to the game bar without any problems. I have recorded game play and the recordings were saved onto my computer in its true resolution (1920x1080). Now whenever I record my game play the recordings are saved
    with a weird resolution. The recording has been shrinked and moved to the top left corner of the screen with a large black bar on the bottom and right of the screen. I can see the whole game play but the game play is just shrinked for some reason. How can
    I fix this issue and save my recordings in its actual size which is full screen. I have tried many things to fix this. I tried updating the xbox game bar app, I tried resetting the app, I tried repairing the app. I think what caused this is the latest windows
    2004 update. I updated windows a couple days ago. I also have the game bar capture settings to 60fps and High video quality. I don't understand what caused this issue with the captured videos.

Jorge_1999, May 24, 2022
  3. renee1219 Win User
    Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, May 24, 2022
  4. Trust9011 Win User

My xbox game bar is greyed out, I can't record my screen. Even the recording preferences...

Xbox game bar records as a black screen

You "Windows independent consultants" never cease to make me laugh. Are you guys so untrained in your profession that you have not the slightest clue how your own company's products work? Your "solution" has no relevance to the problem I presented.

"Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10:

1. Navigate to the Xbox app within Windows 10."

The purpose of the Windows 10 Xbox app is to:

"Discover and download new games with Xbox Game Pass, see what your friends are playing and chat with them across PC, mobile, and Xbox console." (taken from the xbox website).

The Xbox companion app is designed to help users discover games and communicate with friends. The Xbox Game Bar is a gaming overlay pre-installed in Windows 10 that allows for screen capturing, broadcasting, and other gaming features. I fail to understand
    how the Xbox app will help me in any way, when my problems lies in the fact that my recording software (Xbox game bar) is failing to function.

"Turn the Game Bar on or off in Windows 10 using the registry:"

Just turn it off and turn it back on again. LOOOOOOOLLLLLL. 4Head. I won't even address this one.

"To remove the Game Bar altogether:

If you would like to remove the Xbox app altogether, try this."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Wow, gee, why didn't I think to just UNINSTALL my recording software. Wouldn't that help me record my games so much better? LOOOOOOOOLLLL.

In all seriousness, online forum customer service for enterprise-scale corporations such as Microsoft is atrocious all across the board. Employers think that just because they're making tremendous profits that their products are well-liked and without problems.
    Just by taking a simple look at any online forum (Dell, Microsoft, AT&T), one can see that thousands of questions are left unanswered, or at the very best, given a copy-and-pasted response from a foreign "customer service" employee with no clue as to how their
    company's product or software works at a fundamental level.

Do not let these corporations get away with this! As an employee of Microsoft, you have a civic duty to the community to uphold. Only when one becomes educated in their rights can one make an impact. Down with corporate tyranny! The Reds shall not be suppressed!

https://www.osha.gov/Publications/osha3021.pdf

Btw, I fixed the problem myself. There was a disparity between the screen Xbox game bar was recording and the one I was on. This resulted in Xbox game bar trying to record a different screen from the one I was on (Overwatch), and creating a black screen
    half the time. Enjoy your day My xbox game bar is greyed out, I can't record my screen. Even the recording preferences... :)

Trust9011, May 24, 2022
Thema:

My xbox game bar is greyed out, I can't record my screen. Even the recording preferences...

1. My xbox game bar is greyed out, I can't record my screen. Even the recording preferences... - Similar Threads - xbox game bar

2. Xbox Game bar record button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar record button is greyed out: My game bar looks like this:-My Captures Setting looks like this, "Recording Preferences" is completely empty.I have tried the solution of regedit on the following post but still it's not...
  3. Xbox Game bar record button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game bar record button is greyed out: My game bar looks like this:-My Captures Setting looks like this, "Recording Preferences" is completely empty.I have tried the solution of regedit on the following post but still it's not...
  4. Windows Game Bar Recording Options Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Game Bar Recording Options Greyed Out: Hello, I am trying to record a game on my Windows 11 Laptop with Xbox Game Bar but the recording options in the Capture window are all greyed out. Here is a screenshot of the Capture window in Xbox Game Bar: I have changed registry settings to enable GameDVR but that didn't...
  5. Windows Game Bar Recording Options Greyed Out

Windows Game Bar Recording Options Greyed Out: Hello, I am trying to record a game on my Windows 11 Laptop with Xbox Game Bar but the recording options in the Capture window are all greyed out. Here is a screenshot of the Capture window in Xbox Game Bar: I have changed registry settings to enable GameDVR but that didn't...
  6. Xbox Game bar recording grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar recording grayed out: Hello there so I really need help with this problem cause its been here for a while. So everytime I try to record with xbox game bar. Its just grayed out, and thats not it. In the Windows Settings when I hit gaming and captures. Everything under recording preferences is gone....
  7. Xbox Game bar recording grayed out

Xbox Game bar recording grayed out: Hello there so I really need help with this problem cause its been here for a while. So everytime I try to record with xbox game bar. Its just grayed out, and thats not it. In the Windows Settings when I hit gaming and captures. Everything under recording preferences is gone....
  8. My xbox game bar is greyed out, I can't record my screen. Even the recording preferences...

My xbox game bar is greyed out, I can't record my screen. Even the recording preferences...: I can't record my screen. I've tried all the tips on youtube but it still didn;t work. I've tried the regedit tips, reinstalling the xbox, changing the settings on local group policy, even my recording preferences are missing. Did anyone got the solution?? please i need your...
  9. Xbox Game Bar Record Button Greyed Out "This Game Doesn't Allow Recording"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Record Button Greyed Out "This Game Doesn't Allow Recording": My game bar wont record clips as it shows the button as greyed out [ATTACH] This happens for all games such as Rocket League and Fortnite. It used to work like 4 days ago and now it doesn't. When I end task of Xbox Game Bar on Task Manager, the button show up as lighted, but...
  10. Xbox Game Bar Record Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar Record Greyed Out: As the title says, I can't use the game bar's record ability. I last used it a couple weeks ago, and it worked fine then. Anytime I try to use the shortcut I get an error saying "Recording isn't working". I've tried doing all pending updates as well as trying the repair...