Windows 10: My Xbox game bar only shows this on windows 10, and does not show the overlay menu, social...

Discus and support My Xbox game bar only shows this on windows 10, and does not show the overlay menu, social... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jordiepw [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jordiepw, Dec 9, 2019.

1. My Xbox game bar only shows this on windows 10, and does not show the overlay menu, social...

/u/Jordiepw, Dec 9, 2019
  2. eliasbenb Win User

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

EDIT:

• Edit 1: still no actual answer for a way to fix this. But I just factory reset my PC, the volume mixer works perfectly now. I know this is not the answer you wanted, but it's all we have
    Before I go into details do not suggest:

• Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app
    • Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command
    • Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows
    • Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page

OK, now that we go that out of the way. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks. The issue is that the Xbox Game Bar doesn't display the volume mixer correctly, it only shows the main audio driver's volume mixer and nothing else (no app volume mixer like:
    CS:GO, Microsoft Edge Beta, Spotify etc.).

Photo for reference:

My Xbox game bar only shows this on windows 10, and does not show the overlay menu, social... 60f145ea-e940-4f04-a916-f79e664003a1?upload=true.png

For the Microsoft employees reading this, this is a persistent issue in Windows. I will list other posts on this forum with the same issue to show the scale of the issue. All of these posts have not been solved so far:

eliasbenb, Dec 9, 2019
  3. NFSJAY Win User
    Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?

I am on the apps list but I do not see "Game Bar". Is it equivalent to Xbox Gaming Overlay?

NFSJAY, Dec 9, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

My Xbox game bar only shows this on windows 10, and does not show the overlay menu, social...

Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the recordings using the Game Bar shows black screen. However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• Were you able to install the drivers?
    • Were you able to use the recording feature earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you have updated the graphics driver, I would suggest you to try rolling back the drivers and see if that helps:

1. Press the Windows Logo key + X key, and select
      Device manager.
    2. In Device manager, expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on AMD driver and select
      Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to check whether the Xbox Game Monitoring service is running or not. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

My Xbox game bar only shows this on windows 10, and does not show the overlay menu, social...

1. My Xbox game bar only shows this on windows 10, and does not show the overlay menu, social... - Similar Threads - Xbox game bar

2. Xbox Game Bar does not have the Xbox Social tab.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar does not have the Xbox Social tab.: When I press Windows + G, there is quite literally ZERO widget for Xbox Social. None. At all. I have tried updating Xbox Game Bar from the microsoft store, I've restarted the game bar, I have searched the internet until I lost my mind, I checked the widget store, it is NOT...
  3. Xbox Game Bar does not have the Xbox Social tab.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar does not have the Xbox Social tab.: When I press Windows + G, there is quite literally ZERO widget for Xbox Social. None. At all. I have tried updating Xbox Game Bar from the microsoft store, I've restarted the game bar, I have searched the internet until I lost my mind, I checked the widget store, it is NOT...
  4. Windows Search only shows grey overlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search only shows grey overlay: Hi!Whenever I've used my PC for a longer period of time, it tends to fall back to the same problem, of the search results being covered by a grey overlay as shown in the pictures that goes away after I clicked on it.This isn't really a problem since it disappears after...
  5. Windows Search only shows grey overlay

in Cortana
    Windows Search only shows grey overlay: Hi!Whenever I've used my PC for a longer period of time, it tends to fall back to the same problem, of the search results being covered by a grey overlay as shown in the pictures that goes away after I clicked on it.This isn't really a problem since it disappears after...
  6. Game bar on pc not showing captures in the overlay like it used to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game bar on pc not showing captures in the overlay like it used to: the gallery is not showing all captures like it used too, i have to click on the folder icon just to see all of my captures. its kinda of irritating[ATTACH]...
  7. Why is it only showing part of the Xbox game bar? Isn’t it also supposed to show my friends...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is it only showing part of the Xbox game bar? Isn’t it also supposed to show my friends...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jado_05 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gucpt0/why_is_it_only_showing_part_of_the_xbox_game_bar/
  8. Pin game bar overlay only in games?

Pin game bar overlay only in games?: I really like the game bar overlay and want to use it instead of the NVIDIA one but I want it only to appear in games. Is there any way to do that? submitted by /u/TheCatCubed [link] [comments]...
  9. Game bar overlay only in games?

Game bar overlay only in games?: I really like the game bar overlay and want to use it instead of the NVIDIA one but I want it only in games. Is there any way to do that? submitted by /u/TheCatCubed [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fzg7bs/game_bar_overlay_only_in_games/
  10. xbox game bar overlay question

xbox game bar overlay question: when running any game it says my gpu is at 95-100 percent the whole time, now i know this isnt the case because checking task manager and other apps its only saying 45-50% where is it getting this number? submitted by /u/putnamto [link] [comments]...