Windows 10: my xbox one controller is showing up as an unknown device on my windows 10 pc

Discus and support my xbox one controller is showing up as an unknown device on my windows 10 pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; its not allowing me to use the device. it also show up in my device manager as an unknown device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by k1ller c00k1e, Apr 16, 2019.

1. my xbox one controller is showing up as an unknown device on my windows 10 pc

its not allowing me to use the device. it also show up in my device manager as an unknown device

:)

k1ller c00k1e, Apr 16, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 16, 2019
  3. Xbox One Controllers not working on Windows 10 PC.

Hi,

One possible reason as to why your Windows 10 device can't detect the controller is due to outdated device drivers. We suggest checking if there are updates available for the controller and your Windows 10 PC. Refer to the following links for the steps:

Another solution we recommend is to run the Windows troubleshooter for devices and driver. This can help resolve issues with connecting a device on Windows 10.
    See How to use Microsoft easy fix solutions and look for Find
    and fix problems with devices and hardware

If the same issue occurs, kindly perform the following steps to manually add the controller:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Devices.
    • Select Connected Devices.
    • If the controller is not listed under Other devices, kindly click Add a device. Follow the on-screen prompts to manually add the device.
    • Restart your computer so that the changes can take effect.

Keep us posted with the results. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Catherine Cus., Apr 16, 2019
  4. my xbox one controller is showing up as an unknown device on my windows 10 pc

Xbox One S controller not showing in Bluetooth Devices or registering over wired connection

Thank you for keeping us updated. Since the controller is working on your Xbox console, we recommend that you update the controller on your Windows 10 PC by following the steps on this

link

If the issue persists, we recommend that you test the controller by connecting it to the PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You may also check if the controller is recognized in the Device Manager. Here's how:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Device Manager in the search box.
    • Click on Device Manager on the search results and check if you can see the Xbox One S controller on the list.

We will be waiting for your response. Let us know if you need more help.

Loraine Mon, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

my xbox one controller is showing up as an unknown device on my windows 10 pc

1. my xbox one controller is showing up as an unknown device on my windows 10 pc - Similar Threads - xbox controller showing

2. My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.: My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed. The controller is not an official Xbox one controller but one from power a. The support were useless and told me to go to a repair shop and didn't provide me any drivers to work...
  3. My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.: My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed. The controller is not an official Xbox one controller but one from power a. The support were useless and told me to go to a repair shop and didn't provide me any drivers to work...
  4. My Xbox one controller is being recognized as an Unknown USB device device descriptor failed.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Xbox One controller is not detected by my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox One controller is not detected by my PC: Hello, my Xbox One controller is not being detected by my PC it flashes, vibrates and I have put new batteries in there but I get no message that a new device has been plugged in and it isn't in device manager. I am using a USB cable by the way....
  6. My Xbox One controller is not detected by my PC

My Xbox One controller is not detected by my PC: Hello, my Xbox One controller is not being detected by my PC it flashes, vibrates and I have put new batteries in there but I get no message that a new device has been plugged in and it isn't in device manager. I am using a USB cable by the way....
  7. Xbox One controller doesn't show up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One controller doesn't show up.: Hello, i've had this problem for a while. I used to play with an Xbox one controller on pc for games like FIFA and Rocket League. I used a usb cable but after sometime i got sick of it and bought a bluetooth dongle. Which is compatible with xbox controllers. I installed the...
  8. Xbox one controller reads as unknown device.

Xbox one controller reads as unknown device.: Hello, I tried connecting Xbox One Controller using micro-usb but gamepad is reading as unknown device. Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. I tried to fix this problem using old...
  9. Xbox one controller not connecting to PC or showing up in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller not connecting to PC or showing up in device manager: Hello, I recently got a new PC and am trying to connect my new xbox one controller to play game on it. My computer doesn't have bluetooth support so i'm trying to use a micro-usb cable to connect it. When i plug the controller in it vibrates but it doesn't show up in device...
  10. Xbox controller not showing up as an input device at all on PC (Windows 10)

Xbox controller not showing up as an input device at all on PC (Windows 10): Hello, I was simply trying to play my video game with my xbox one controller, to where I ran into an issue where it wouldn't recognize that the controller was trying to participate in the computers actions. For example, I plugged in my controller, it vibrated; however, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller not showing up as xbox peripheral

2. xbox controller pc unknown device

3. pc set unkown device as xbox one controller

4. xbox one controller shows up as unknown device blietooth,
  5. regemoudal xbox controller unknown sevice ,
  6. xbox one controller unknown device windows 10,
  7. find my device pc status unknown xbox,
  8. xbox controller showing connected on pc but not working,
  9. xbox one controller not showing up windows 10,
  10. xbox one not showing up on pc device,
  11. gamepad showing as unkown device,