Windows 10: my xps 8300 powers on but doesn't detect hardrive

Discus and support my xps 8300 powers on but doesn't detect hardrive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my xps 8300 powers on but doesn't detect hardrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarianBernstein, Jan 7, 2019.

1. my xps 8300 powers on but doesn't detect hardrive

my xps 8300 powers on but doesn't detect hardrive

:)

MarianBernstein, Jan 7, 2019

2. Upgrade suggestions XPS 8300

Installing a third-party motherboard in a Dell PC can be a bit tricky. Fortunately, the XPS 8300 is fairly normal. Having said that, here are some issues to watch out for:
    • The motherboard that you've chosen won't fit in that chassis. The Gigabyte G1.Sniper Z170 is full ATX, and the XPS 8300 will only take micro ATX boards.
    • The front-panel connector in the XPS 8300 is one block, as opposed to individual connectors for power switch, drive LED, etc. You will either have to find a motherboard with a matching pinout for Dell's front panel connector, or break out the Dell connector into the correct pairs to match your new motherboard's header.
    • You won't be able to use your new motherboard's USB 3.0 front panel connector because the XPS 8300's chassis doesn't have any USB 3.0 ports on the front.
    Honestly, if you're going to do this much of an upgrade, I recommend leaving the XPS 8300 as-is and building a new PC. You'll end up with nice machine that has all standard parts instead of having to jump through hoops to accommodate Dell's oddities and shortcomings.

Mike

Static~Charge, Jan 7, 2019
  3. eetiz Win User
    activesync doesn`t detect my Tytn II

I tried this but nothing changed.

My system doesn`t detect Tytn II... Either Laptop not Desktop.

I do not know what to do..

eetiz, Jan 7, 2019
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. my xps 8300 powers on but doesn't detect hardrive - Similar Threads - xps 8300 powers

2. Windows doesn't detect my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows doesn't detect my headphones: I reset my pc while keeping my personal files and for the whole duration of the pc reset my headphones were plugged in, now when I try to use them windows does not detect them, when I first got my headphones and plugged them in a new sound thing was opened on the volume thing...
  3. Dell XPS 89xx Power LED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 89xx Power LED: The Dell Community has numerous topics like this one about the 89xx series chassis power LED blacking out. I am posting here for a wider audience. My own XPS 8920 (July 2017) had this happen. The LED did function briefly in late 2020, so I am convinced this is a software...
  4. Windows doesn't detect my iGPU.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows doesn't detect my iGPU.: Hello, I have an Intel core i5 6600, in the specs sheet it says that is has an iGPU but it doesn't show on the devices manager. I have a dual screen both connected on my GPU (not iGPU), it's a Nvidia GeForce GTX 750. Can someone try help me? submitted by /u/Nougator...
  5. windows10 can;t detect an intternal hardrive

windows10 can;t detect an intternal hardrive: Can't detect a second internal hardrive; it does oneday, then it doesn't! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows10-cant-detect-an-intternal-hardrive/a6910045-737f-4171-9048-2a012f9266c5
  6. Two identical 500gb drives in my desktop Dell xps 8300 show up as one 1tb C drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two identical 500gb drives in my desktop Dell xps 8300 show up as one 1tb C drive: I wanted to clone my old C drive to a new SSD. I was surprised to find 2 HDDs! Pulling the power from either gives a no boot drive error. Disk info shows this "C" drive is simple basic, which I believe means not in a RAID configuration. There is no mention of RAID...
  7. Dell XPS 8300 Desktop Driver issues windows 10 prof

Dell XPS 8300 Desktop Driver issues windows 10 prof: I have a Dell XPS 8300 desktop i5 model that i upgraded from win 7 prof to windows 10 prof and i an no longer able to get the drivers for my video card. It shows to have the Nvidia G72 board according to the driver details. Is there a place i can get the drivers for my video...
  8. Windows doesn't detect my monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows doesn't detect my monitor: I usually my laptop connected to an external monitor. Today I got home, plugged in my laptop to find that it wouldn't detect my external monitor. I've no idea why this is happening as 2 days ago it was working fine, same cable and everything. I use a HDMI switcher but...
  9. HELP, Dell XPS 8300 Win 10, Attempted switch from DPC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HELP, Dell XPS 8300 Win 10, Attempted switch from DPC: Dell XPS 8300 Win 10, Attempted switch from DPC BSOD errors also Not as often K MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Win 10 BSOD errors. The errors occur most often soon after system powered up and running, then may occur later. Most of my work in online using Firefox latest update...
  10. Help installing raid 0 using Samsung 850 EVO SSDs on Dell XPS 8300

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help installing raid 0 using Samsung 850 EVO SSDs on Dell XPS 8300: System: Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600, 3.4 GHz, 16 GByte memory running Windows 10 PRO. Currently the boot device is a Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB. The motherboard is a Dell 0y2mrg containing an H67 Express Sata/6 controller(chipset). The performance is very good, particularly with Rapid...