Windows 10: my youtubes restricted mode is enabled, but none of the accounts registered in my home...

Discus and support my youtubes restricted mode is enabled, but none of the accounts registered in my home... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; recently an issue popped up where restricted mode became enabled on my YouTube account, so I tried to change it but it said it was locked by admin.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JakeJJ, Oct 21, 2020.

1. JakeJJ Win User

my youtubes restricted mode is enabled, but none of the accounts registered in my home...

recently an issue popped up where restricted mode became enabled on my YouTube account, so I tried to change it but it said it was locked by admin. them i went to the admin account and disabled it and changed the admin to my main account. it turned restricted mode back on again so i tried changing it back but nothing worked i left it for the day and updated my computer. I checked the admin access and neither account is able to change permissions now.

:)

JakeJJ, Oct 21, 2020
  2. joelshort Win User

Another "youtube stuck on restricted mode" thread. Is there a solution

I don't seem to be able to remove myself from fss.live.com When I go to the family tab no users are listed and there is only the option to add a child or another adult account.

No joy. I created another admin account on the computer, installed Firefox but FF exhibits the same behavior. Incidentally the youtube restricted mode stays ON regardless of if anyone is signed in to youtube. Even when no one is signed in to youtube restricted mode is on.

joelshort, Oct 21, 2020
  3. youtube restricted mode and family safety

I have a question related to Youtube restricted mode after Win 10 upgrade from W7 and with the new family safety enabled.

On my administrator account (MS login, not local) I can turn YT restricted mode on or off, and I can lock it in either mode in any browser including edge with my google account login.

However, on my child accounts (Standard user, MS login again) YT restricted mode is always on, but off can be selected and saved for one session. If the browser is closed and launched again, restricted mode is on once again, can be turned off. However any
    attempt to lock restricted mode "on" with my google account login does not work? Why can it not be locked? Is it an issue with standard user accounts, or child accounts or both?

Witch settings within Family Safety will change the Youtube restricted mode from no to yes.

For now I think I have tried every option available.

It is important that Family safety is on for the childs safety.

So is this a bug in Family Safety????

The youtube sites my son wants to view are as far as I can see unrated and harmless.

Most of them are about Minecraft through Unity sites.

sheena1325, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Fartycat Win User

my youtubes restricted mode is enabled, but none of the accounts registered in my home...

Problems with Youtube's restricted mode

As the titles suggests, I have been having problems with Youtube's restricted mode ever since upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I have tried many things, from taking myself out of the family safety group and making multiple google accounts and microsoft accounts. All of which are unfortunately not working. I have been thinking about downgrading from windows 10 back to windows 8.1 and wondering if that could help.

I would be very grateful if someone could respond with some helpful information about how to fix this problem.

Thanks

Fartycat, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. my youtubes restricted mode is enabled, but none of the accounts registered in my home... - Similar Threads - youtubes restricted mode

2. What should I do if my YouTube account is on restricted mode by the admin, but the admin is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do if my YouTube account is on restricted mode by the admin, but the admin is...: I've had an issues for the past week where my account has been on restricted mode despite the fact that I've never turned it on. I'm my own admin apparently, but I've literally never made an admin account, so I'm very confused as to how it got to be this way. I tried to log...
  3. What should I do if my YouTube account is on restricted mode by the admin, but the admin is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do if my YouTube account is on restricted mode by the admin, but the admin is...: I've had an issues for the past week where my account has been on restricted mode despite the fact that I've never turned it on. I'm my own admin apparently, but I've literally never made an admin account, so I'm very confused as to how it got to be this way. I tried to log...
  4. Restrict YouTube

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restrict YouTube: Hi, Is there any way to restrict the client pc/ users to using youtube not more than 3 hours/day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restrict-youtube/4e07110f-2e0c-4b8c-89e2-ff0c570d6049
  5. Restrict YouTube

Restrict YouTube: Hi, Is there any way to restrict the client pc/ users to using youtube not more than 3 hours/day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restrict-youtube/4e07110f-2e0c-4b8c-89e2-ff0c570d6049
  6. Youtube Restricted mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Youtube Restricted mode: I did not turn on my youtube restricted mode and I use youtube signed out. in every browser it is under restricted mode. can someone help me pls its been doing this for so long!!...
  7. YouTube restricted mode unable to turn off

YouTube restricted mode unable to turn off: YouTube restricts content, I did not set this and unable to change despite exhaustive search for help sites and efforts to. So far unable to locate any suggestions that work....
  8. Unable to turn off "Restricted Mode is enabled by your network administrator" in YouTube,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to turn off "Restricted Mode is enabled by your network administrator" in YouTube,...: I don't understand what changed about two weeks ago! I was able to view YouTube in full access, and I didn't know there was a restricted mode. We have about 10 computers on our network varying from XP to Windows 10 and for some reason mine is the only one on restricted mode...
  9. Can't disable Restricted Mode (Youtube) ?

in Browsers and Email
    Can't disable Restricted Mode (Youtube) ?: First, sorry for my bad English But I installed windows 10 build 10240 and my browser cant watch most videos on youtube cuz restricted mode always on. when I click off and save, it will refresh page and this mode still on. I try with edge, chrome ( firefox has problem with...
  10. Problems with Youtube's restricted mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Youtube's restricted mode: As the titles suggests, I have been having problems with Youtube's restricted mode ever since upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10. I have tried many things, from taking myself out of the family safety group and making multiple google accounts and microsoft accounts. All...