Windows 10: My Zenbook UX319U is oddly silent and much slower

Discus and support My Zenbook UX319U is oddly silent and much slower in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Zenbook UX319U is oddly silent and much slower. This model of ZenBook is notorious for producing alot of noise. However, this evening I had multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AL_130, Mar 30, 2020.

1. AL_130 Win User

My Zenbook UX319U is oddly silent and much slower

My Zenbook UX319U is oddly silent and much slower. This model of ZenBook is notorious for producing alot of noise. However, this evening I had multiple programs and alot of websites open as usual, messaging on dingtalk and editing a ppt. I was going to open a screen recorderspecifically icecream free using the search bar. My memory monitor showed I had around 90% of memory used then. Suddenly my screen black screened, back displaying what should have been displayed, black screen agained, normaled againedall of the time refreshing the task bar and turning the night shift off and on again, with no control to me, with an area of the display glitched. I miraculously managed to close the search bar, but it still repeated around ten times before I held the power button. The flashing stopped, but the pc didn't shut down and instead presented me with the user log in screen. I tried to log in, to no avail. I then restarted through the login screen. I then closed the lid of the computer and removed a sucked paperclip from the lid. I reopened the lid when the fan noise stopped. I was greeted with the login screen and I thought I fixed the problem. I soon realized that fingerprint sign in was not working and entered my PIN. I logged in and soon realized that there was no noise at all. The desktop and taskbar icons loaded after five seconds, the login items after 15, and two of the previously opened applicationsnew microsoft edge and powerpoint opened after a minute. Dingtalk successfully logged in and soon crashed. The memory is at, oddly, 35% and everything is much slower than before. I then made sure I didn't accidently trigger safe mode. I am typing on mobile. I know this is possibly a one of a kind situation but if anyone can help, please do so. Thank you.

:)

AL_130, Mar 30, 2020
  2. AL_130 Win User

My Zenbook UX319U is oddly silent and much slower. This model of ZenBook is notorious for producing alot of noise. However, this evening I had multiple programs and alot of websites open as usual, messaging on dingtalk and editing a ppt. I was going to
    open a screen recorder(specifically icecream free) using the search bar. My memory monitor showed I had around 90% of memory used then. Suddenly my screen black screened, back displaying what should have been displayed, black screen agained, normaled agained(all
    of the time refreshing the task bar and turning the night shift off and on again, with no control to me, with an area of the display glitched). I miraculously managed to close the search bar, but it still repeated around ten times before I held the power button.
    The flashing stopped, but the pc didn't shut down and instead presented me with the user log in screen. I tried to log in, to no avail. I then restarted through the login screen. I then closed the lid of the computer and removed a sucked paperclip from the
    lid. I reopened the lid when the fan noise stopped. I was greeted with the login screen and I thought I fixed the problem. I soon realized that fingerprint sign in was not working and entered my PIN. I logged in and soon realized that there was no noise at
    all. The desktop and taskbar icons loaded after five seconds, the login items after 15, and two of the previously opened applications(new microsoft edge and powerpoint) opened after a minute. Dingtalk successfully logged in and soon crashed. The memory is
    at, oddly, 35% and everything is much slower than before. I then made sure I didn't accidently trigger safe mode. I am typing on mobile. I know this is possibly a one of a kind situation but if anyone can help, please do so. Thank you.

AL_130, May 25, 2020
  3. Laptop starts work slower and shows BSOD

No, there was no minidump file.

After 4th BSOD, I did the following:

Hopefully, it will solve the issue. I'll post here if BSOD will happen again.

Roman 5678, May 25, 2020
  4. theonedub Win User

GPUz Incorrect Info GF117

I've got the GT620M in a Zenbook and the newest version of GPUz has it listed as a 40nm part whereas all other info on the web suggests its 28nm. Can you investigate, W1z?

Thanks

theonedub, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. My Zenbook UX319U is oddly silent and much slower - Similar Threads - Zenbook UX319U oddly

2. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.: I was just using my PC when it suddenly started taking ages to open programs, running games at marginally lower fps than usually. Something else that happened at the same time was that my PC fans which are usually pretty loud became very quiet, but are still running. It...
  3. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.: I was just using my PC when it suddenly started taking ages to open programs, running games at marginally lower fps than usually. Something else that happened at the same time was that my PC fans which are usually pretty loud became very quiet, but are still running. It...
  4. PC is much slower out of nowhere and fans are much quieter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. nstall GRUB and now my system is much slower

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    nstall GRUB and now my system is much slower: I have a problem with starting the operating system. On my pc I had kali linux, then I installed windows 10 (but did not update the GROUP, which only started windows) when recovering the group, the system boot went from 30sec to 3min and 40sec (I have an SSD disk). Now the...
  6. Computer is much slower when plugged in

Computer is much slower when plugged in: I have a HP laptop with Ryzen 5 8gb of Ram. I have recently been getting a much slower computer when it is plugged in. Its so bad that I can't do Zoom on it. I have tried almost everything on the internet and nothing works. I have used multiple chargers. Im worried that...
  7. My laptop is much slower than usual in many aspects

My laptop is much slower than usual in many aspects: My laptop today has been slow when I have been using anything windows explorer related, right clicking items, all of my internet browsers says “page unresponsive” and takes a few minutes until the page i wants actually loads, programs take a long time to open, and some...
  8. PC is much slower when unplugged

PC is much slower when unplugged: When I have my PC plugged in, it's running great (I checked in task manager, the clock speed hovers around the high end of 3.xx GHz). However, as soon as I unplug it, performance drops (the CPU speed visibly, immediately drops to around 1 GHz). The PC is still usable when...
  9. My internet cannot connect or is much slower than it was before

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My internet cannot connect or is much slower than it was before: I have had an issue with my internet after an update on my windows 10 PC telling me that I "connect to this network'' or when connected its very slow, I have tried practically every solution to fix it, like network reset, command prompts, update drivers, uninstall and then...
  10. Windows getting too much slower

Windows getting too much slower: Hello, Last week I updated to windows10 OS to version 1803. Since that day my windows getting too much slow. For startup it takes about 6min an average. After starting it causes the problem of 100% disk usage. I have reset my laptop from seetings menu. But still I am...