Windows 10: My zip and mp4 files change

Discus and support My zip and mp4 files change in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have zip files and mp4 files nearly 1 gb so many like these and their size change to 1kb approximately. The modified date is same for all. Is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AhmetAlperPARKER, Apr 3, 2020.

1. My zip and mp4 files change

I have zip files and mp4 files nearly 1 gb so many like these and their size change to 1kb approximately. The modified date is same for all. Is it because of windows? I am using Windows 10. I checked failure of hdd but cannot trace all log files. I have antivirus, but they should not be viruses in example mp4 files. How could it happen? I talked to Norton and they referenced to Microsoft.

:)

AhmetAlperPARKER, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

.zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-8/zip-unzip-files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Apr 3, 2020
  3. USB doesn't display MP4 file!

I have a 300kb mix of .png, .jpg, .pdf files on a 4Gb USB drive. I added a 2Gb MP4 movie but it doesn't display in the drive files. I used CCleaner to check the drive F files .. it only shows up as 2Gb of OTHER FILES, but not in the listed files.

Any (constructive) suggestions welcome. I can't remove it as it doesn't show in the file list.

GregNeedsHelp, Apr 3, 2020
  4. My zip and mp4 files change

7 Zip or WinRAR?

The only thing that I don't like about 7-Zip is its Windows 95-vintage graphics. Fortunately, there's a solution for that: 7-Zip Theme Manager.

• Toolbar themes - change the look of the toolbar in 7-Zip.
    • Filetype themes - change the Windows icons for archive files.
    • 90 toolbar themes and 22 filetype themes to choose from.
    • Changing the SFX-icon (self-extracting archive) is now possible.
    Be sure to grab the 2.1.1. Hotfix to mod any version of 7-Zip from 9.23 to the present release (15.12 as of the time of this post).

Static~Charge, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

My zip and mp4 files change

1. My zip and mp4 files change - Similar Threads - zip mp4 files

2. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?: at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows 11 home. Apps for business OneDrive....
  3. where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    where will "compress to zip file" store my zip file in this situation?: at top of OneDrive I used Context menu and selected compress to zip file targeting Documents folder. Where should I look for the zip file?Using Windows 11 home. Apps for business OneDrive....
  4. Zip file image change?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Zip file image change?: Is there any way to change the look of a unzipped or zipped folder and have it as any custom image you want instead of a image of a folder? submitted by /u/lvCieje [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mg32wm/zip_file_image_change/
  5. how to change the icon of an mp4 file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change the icon of an mp4 file?: im trying to make something but i want to change the thumbnail of the file but i dont know how submitted by /u/alliumCepa857 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0llxf/how_to_change_the_icon_of_an_mp4_file/
  6. my files keep zipping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my files keep zipping: Hi all, so recently i got an error with an application, and the support team of the application told me it was some files that are in zip, and told me to unzip it. But, the thing is, everytime i tried, the new files will be always zipped and my application won't work, so can...
  7. mp4 files

mp4 files: Why can't I open and play my video files in Windows 10 64 bit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-files/9caf77cb-f036-4ec7-8741-7fff9b008c92"
  8. MP4 FILES

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 FILES: Hi, i cannot run an MP4 file on my windows computer. any advice would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-files/5d15cbeb-ecf9-41c7-9d34-5dc33afd8bfc
  9. MP4 file.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 file.: Hello, I can not find my MP4. I looked in File Explorer,Documents,etc. Please,I need the steps to send a video from YouTube to my Gmail. I don't know a lot about computers. Yes,I knew how to send a video on Windows 7. Thanks, A.W....
  10. Zipped Files

Zipped Files: I have been using an online map creation tool for my business using Microsoft Edge, when I save the file its saved as a Zipped file locally. If I share this file with someone else and they try to open to view it online via Internet explorer nothing happens why' s this...