Windows 10: My .zip Files are Automatically Deleted

Discus and support My .zip Files are Automatically Deleted in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So whenever I download a .zip file it will be deleted or it says download error. I looked up what these mean so I did as google requested. Clearing my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Train masterNedrow, Jan 5, 2021.

1. My .zip Files are Automatically Deleted

So whenever I download a .zip file it will be deleted or it says download error. I looked up what these mean so I did as google requested. Clearing my downloads, cookies, and history. I tried but that did not work. :

Then I found out it could be your antivirus that does it. So I disabled both of them and... Nothing.

I then deleted the recent downloads that I don't know and restarted my computer.
    If you can help me it would be really nice!

The day it started:

End of November.

What files are they?

.zip example.zip

Do you have any viruses on your computer?

No, my antivirus tells me when I have a virus. But then I disabled it.

:)

Train masterNedrow, Jan 5, 2021

2. files are automatically deleting

whenever i downloading or copying zip file in my PC they are deleting automatically.

• My storage sense is off
    • I have added Exclusion for the zip file type.
    • I have deleted all the windows updates ( enabled to delete some of them as window is not providing permission to do so)

anshugupta2, Jan 5, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    .zip can't be set to File Explorer

Hello Kathleen,

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type Default programs
      in the search bar and press enter

• Click on choose default programs by file type

• Select .zip
      and select File Explorer
    Also you can visit the below link Zip and unzip files.
    (Steps applies to Windows 10).

Zip and unzip files

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Arul_D, Jan 5, 2021
  4. My .zip Files are Automatically Deleted

.Zip files automatically deleting themselves.

I was downloading a game in .zip files (Balls? by dani). And the files would half the time say "failed Download Error" and the other would finish. About 2 seconds after it finishes it automatically deletes itself. No trace at all. I don't know what details to add to make the question easier so please, ask.

ArrowMaster1252, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

My .zip Files are Automatically Deleted

1. My .zip Files are Automatically Deleted - Similar Threads - zip Files are

2. Zip file that won't delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zip file that won't delete: Hello, I have been trying to delete an unextracted zip file from my documents. However, when I try to delete it, a message comes up saying that an unexpected error is keeping me from deleting the file....
  3. Zip file that won't delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zip file that won't delete: Hello, I have been trying to delete an unextracted zip file from my documents. However, when I try to delete it, a message comes up saying that an unexpected error is keeping me from deleting the file....
  4. on download zip file some files deleted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    on download zip file some files deleted: I wanted to package my OS this evening, Then I saw weird behaviour. Whenever I download a zip file, Some files get deleted, Is there a way to fix this? Yes storage sense is on, But it runs at low disk space while my free disk space is 108 GB....
  5. Zip file automatically deleted from recycle bin

Zip file automatically deleted from recycle bin: I recently downloaded a zip file from google drive and later decided to delete it from downloads folder. I removed it from there but to my surprise I couldn't find it in recycle bin. I have checked my recycle bin properties and everything was perfect. What could be the reason...
  6. .zip files automatically delete from my downloads folder

.zip files automatically delete from my downloads folder: whenever i download a zip file it deletes when opened so I cannot extract it I've tried turning off my antivirus but it still doesn't work I've tried cleaning up my drivers aswell. how do I fix this?...
  7. My .zip and some other Files are Automatically Deleted

My .zip and some other Files are Automatically Deleted: So whenever I download a .zip file it will be deleted or it says download error. I looked up what these mean so I did as google requested. Clearing my downloads, cookies, and history. I tried but that did not work. : Then I found out it could be your antivirus that does it....
  8. files are automatically deleting

files are automatically deleting: whenever i downloading or copying zip file in my PC they are deleting automatically. My storage sense is off I have added Exclusion for the zip file type. I have deleted all the windows updates enabled to delete some of them as window is not providing permission to do so...
  9. .Zip files automatically deleting themselves.

in Windows 10 Support
    .Zip files automatically deleting themselves.: I was downloading a game in .zip files (Balls? by dani). And the files would half the time say "failed Download Error" and the other would finish. About 2 seconds after it finishes it automatically deletes itself. No trace at all. I don't know what details to add to make the...
  10. Automatic delete files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic delete files: Hello. I play gta sa and this game require more .asi files for better gaming. But when I put .asi files in this game directory and turn on game, these files are delete by win10. When i restart pc, will do same thing. Where are problem? How can I fix it? I dont have any...