Windows 10: Myriad of issues after Creator update

Discus and support Myriad of issues after Creator update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey folks, I have been having some rather annoying issued as of installing the Creator update. These issues include: -Incredibly slow boot time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WhatDidyouDo, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Myriad of issues after Creator update

Hey folks, I have been having some rather annoying issued as of installing the Creator update. These issues include:

-Incredibly slow boot time
    -Disk usage maxing out whenever a program is launched
    -Incredibly slow browser speeds (Using Waterfox. Chrome seems to function better)(Several speed tests have confirmed this is not an ISP related issue)
    -Snail's pace loading times on any game
    -Choppy resolution and frame skips when actually playing games (essentially unplayable)
    -when attempting system restore, restore fails with an error message

The only logical explanation I could come up with is that the update I recently installed did something unintentional. If anyone has had related issues, how did you manage to work around them?

:)

WhatDidyouDo, Apr 13, 2017
  2. AndreaP88 Win User

Windows 10 problem with fonts

I have the same problem after the Creator Update,

photoshop, illustrator and indesign have issues with fonts.

sometimes I cannot change the font, only myriad pro is selectable, and I have problem visualizing text previously created.

AndreaP88, Apr 13, 2017
  3. ngerst Win User
    ngerst, Apr 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Myriad of issues after Creator update

Hi,
    that's probably the known issue documented in a long thread here.

a. your disk may be defective- I've come across 3 cases very recently.
    Try running Crystal diskinfo (free) - gives a Good/Caution/Bad indication.

b. You may be out of free disk space.
    How much free space have you on your system disk/partition?

c. Your CPU time may be being chewed up.
    Please post a screenshot of your taskmanager, organising any column of interest from high to low by clicking the appropriate tab.

Please add more to your system specs including disk types. (See mine for comparison). Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 13, 2017
  5. bobfrost Win User
    Perhaps you should change your name to "WhatDidIDo" *Wink

No problems on my two desktops with the latest update.

Go back to the previous version on your machine and try again.

Bob Frost

bobfrost, Apr 13, 2017
  6. Gregman Win User
    I ALSO have incredibly slow boot times after this update. That is across three instances of W10 (2 different computers, 3 different hard drives).

Disk thrashing on all of the W10 instances is now ridiculous.

VERY frustrating.

Gregman, Apr 14, 2017
  7. fireberd Win User
    I (and another user) now have a problem with any Office 365 application (e.g. MSWord) of trying to browse the Documents folder on the "C" drive. It inserts Sky Drive in the search (which it shouldn't) and then goes to no response (see screenshot). I have a separate thread on this problem. I can't find a way to remove the Sky Drive in the search.

I also notice a delay when I Shutdown. Probably 10 seconds or so before any visual indication of shutdown happens. It used to be immediate on my system.

Myriad of issues after Creator update [​IMG]

EDIT/UPDATE: I restored (using a Macrium Disc image) to before the Creators Upgrade. The Office browse problem was gone. I did the Creators upgrade and the problem returned. Definitely something to do with the Creators upgrade in my case.

fireberd, Apr 14, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Is it the same in Safe Mode?
    How much free space do you have on your system disk/partition?
    Note upgrading creates windows.old so you will have free space. That alone might explain this, although unlikely on mulitiple PCs unless near identical.

But without an appropriate screenshot of your task manager or knowing your free space I need my crystal ball- which is currently down for scheduled maintenance.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Myriad of issues after Creator update - Similar Threads - Myriad issues Creator

2. Myriad of BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Myriad of BSOD: Hi, relatively new to understanding computer functioning, built my first computer several months ago, had some random bsod but nothing to remember. After about 2 months of use, all of a sudden insane bsod frequency, different stop code every time. Reseated all the...
  3. More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    More Edge issues after Fall Creators Update: Sorry if I've posted in the wrong place, and thanks in advance for your help. computers are dell inspiron laptops, i7 processors, less than a year old, updated to fc. First a suggestion: is there a single thread for problems with major Windows updates, like the fall...
  4. defender issues after creator update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    defender issues after creator update: i got an 'unknown usb device (set address failed)', which was noticed when I checked defender... I also cannot enable the defender threat service... clicking restart does nothing. i uninstalled the device and restarted, but didn't fix it, altho the WSC icon shows 'no...
  5. Chrome Issues With Creators Update.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome Issues With Creators Update.: Just an FYI, since several users are posting about these issues on the Google Chrome help forum: Issue #1: After installing the Creators Update, my extension icons mysteriously disappeared and Chrome would lock up if I tried to install/uninstall/reinstall any extension....
  6. Graphics Issues after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Issues after Creators Update: I run 3 monitors with my system: Monitor 1 (HP LE2201w) is driven via graphics card VGA output at 1050x1680 resolution. Monitor 2 (BenQ GW2765) is driven via graphics card DisplayPort output at 2560x1440 resolution. Monitor 3 (BenQ GW2765) is driven via graphics card...
  7. Brightness Issue after creators update.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness Issue after creators update.: Okay so I have noticed that when I go into a game such as Resident Evil 7 full screen or Dark souls 3 and some other games into full screen mode the game will get really bright or when I exit back to desktop it will be really bright. However if I run a game in borderless...
  8. Small issue after upgrading to creator's update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Small issue after upgrading to creator's update: So I just have this error in the event viewer ever since I upgraded to win 10 creators update. Event 7000 Service Control Manager The CldFlt service failed to start due to the following error: The request is not supported. Any idea what service is this tied to?Or why...
  9. Creators updates new issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    Creators updates new issues.: Okay so here are some issues I have encountered. I'am getting the "Session "Microsoft.Windows.UniversalNotificationPlatform" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022" error which is being caused by Windows Update and Privacy settings. I could uninstall it but...
  10. Creator update issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Creator update issues: I had original installed creator update in VM and the update went fine. So i did an install on actual hardware the update didn't go fine. Upon first boot up I noticed all the icons i had pinned on startmenu were corrupt, so I rebooted system when system was back up, all...