Windows 10: MySQL community server does not install!

Discus and support MySQL community server does not install! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys, the server does not install no matter what. Idk what to do, I have installed all versions of visual c++ (15,17,19), deleted everything, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/umerselmani, Mar 24, 2020.

1. MySQL community server does not install!

Hello guys, the server does not install no matter what. Idk what to do, I have installed all versions of visual c++ (15,17,19), deleted everything, and installed everything from the beginning, tried different versions of servers to install, and so far the only version 5.1.45 did install. But I wanted the newest version. Is there anything that I am missing? Thank you!

Operating System: Windows 10

The tail of Details:
    1: Action 17:38:09: Rollback. Rolling back action:

1: ExecSecureObjects

1: Writing system registry values

1: Creating shortcuts

1: Copying new files

1: Creating folders

1: Updating component registration

1: 1: MySQL Server 8.0 2: {AC5854C9-9F99-406C-BA38-2368738B508A} 3: 3

1: The action 'Install' for product 'MySQL Server 8.0.19' failed.

submitted by /u/umerselmani
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/umerselmani, Mar 24, 2020

2. Installing Error with microsoft mysql server 2014

I am trying to install microsoft mysql
    server database engine. But during the installation its shows an error.

MySQL is an Open source Product, not a Microsoft Product.

Microsoft has a SQL server.

MySQL - Wikipedia

Microsoft SQL Server - Wikipedia

Bill Smithers, Mar 25, 2020
  3. How to completely uninstall MySQL?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Which version of Windows is installed on your device?

Refer the article ‘Which Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall MySQL from the device.

Step 1

Uninstall MySQL from Control Panel. To do so,

Go to Control Panel >Programs and Features > Select
    MySQL > Click on Uninstall.

After you have uninstalled MySQL through Add/Remove programs, you now need to remove the existing database information which includes your actual data. If you need any of that data, be sure to back it up. Next you can delete
    the data directory.

Step 2

Run Command Prompt as Administrator and execute the following command to stop and remove MySQL service.

Net stop MySQL

Sc delete MySQL

Step 3

1. Click on Start, type in Show hidden files and folders.
    2. Select the View tab and select
      Show hidden files and folders
    3. Now explore the following locations and delete following folders.

C:\Program Files\MySQL

C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL

C:\ProgramData\MySQL

And if exists, delete the folder from the location.

C:\Users\[User-Name]\AppData\Roaming\MySQL
    4. Restart your device and check the status.

Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 25, 2020
  4. KoS83 Win User

MySQL community server does not install!

MySQL Server VS C++ 2008 Runtime not installed

Hi guys, I have to install Visual C++ Runtime 2008 in order to install MySQL community Server on my laptop but, I cannot find the individual file on the Windows Download page. Visual C++ Redistributable packages are alredy installed on my machine. The
    last of them has been installed in Oct 2014. What would you suggest me to do? Thanks.

KoS83, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

MySQL community server does not install!

1. MySQL community server does not install! - Similar Threads - MySQL community server

2. MYSQL server not supported in xampp cantrol panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MYSQL server not supported in xampp cantrol panel: xampp control file not supported MYSQL server and database connectivity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mysql-server-not-supported-in-xampp-cantrol-panel/a1303598-2a8b-4324-b604-d513b6f7ae24
  3. MYSQL server not supported in xampp cantrol panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MYSQL server not supported in xampp cantrol panel: xampp control file not supported MYSQL server and database connectivity. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mysql-server-not-supported-in-xampp-cantrol-panel/a1303598-2a8b-4324-b604-d513b6f7ae24
  4. MySQL installation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MySQL installation issue: Hello Team, I am facing error message while installing mysql-installer-community-8.0.31.0.msi. in windows 11 64 bit.I have uninstalled older version from control panel and deleted every folder from c drive. PFA the attached error msg coming while clicking to install MySQL....
  5. MySQL installation issue

MySQL installation issue: Hello Team, I am facing error message while installing mysql-installer-community-8.0.31.0.msi. in windows 11 64 bit.I have uninstalled older version from control panel and deleted every folder from c drive. PFA the attached error msg coming while clicking to install MySQL....
  6. MySQL server is not starting in Xampp

MySQL server is not starting in Xampp: I had recently installed XAMPP on my Laptop and had created one website on localhost, everything was working fine till today but today when I started XAMPP server to proceed further with my website then Apache Server started normally as usual, but when I try to start MYSQL...
  7. MySQL server is not starting in Xampp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MySQL server is not starting in Xampp: I had recently installed XAMPP on my Laptop and had created one website on localhost, everything was working fine till today but today when I started XAMPP server to proceed further with my website then Apache Server started normally as usual, but when I try to start MYSQL...
  8. XAMPP (Apache,MySQL,PHP web server)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    XAMPP (Apache,MySQL,PHP web server): Hi folks Anybody tried installing XAMPP for using as a Web server (can also install things like word press etc on it). I usually don't like integrated packages but there's so many different versions of perl, phy etc out there currently that installing "classically" (e.g on...
  9. mysql

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mysql: mysql was not instaling in laptop my windows 10 home single language tell me any idea to instal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mysql/f816549b-ff83-47c3-b8be-eefef5d790b1
  10. Cannot Install MySQL Server on Windows 10 Subsystem Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Install MySQL Server on Windows 10 Subsystem Linux: Hi Microsoft, I would like to ask some assistance on installing MySQL Server in Ubuntu Subsystem on Windows 10 Pro 1909 please refer to logs below Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following additional packages...