Windows 10: Mysterious Account Notification

Discus and support Mysterious Account Notification in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; "You need to fix your Microsoft Account. Most likely your password has changed. Click here to fix it in Shared Experiences" I receive the above... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by torre, Aug 11, 2018.

1. torre Win User

Mysterious Account Notification

"You need to fix your Microsoft Account. Most likely your password has changed. Click here to fix it in Shared Experiences"

I receive the above notification in the Notification Center 2-3 times a week. It is like a normal notification that appears in the bottom right of screen.

- When I click, it takes me directly to Shared Experiences where there is a notice that account is normal and no action needs to be taken.

- My password has not changed. I do not share with any other devices.

- Strangely, the notice does not remain in the Notification Center like other notifications but disappears.

- Scans by WD are negative for malware/spyware.

- Thoughts ? Any similar experiences ?

(Note: I find it unusual that MSN would use the word fix. Most notifications are worded "_____ needs attention or other grammar)

:)

torre, Aug 11, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Aug 11, 2018
  4. BruceL Win User

Mystery Account

Thanks lx07 that done it. The mystery account mysteriously disappeared as it mysteriously showed up *Smile

BruceL, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Mysterious Account Notification - Similar Threads - Mysterious Account Notification

2. Administrator Account Mystery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Administrator Account Mystery: I'm new to Win10.------------------------------------------------------------------------Refurbished HP desktop purchased last weekWindows 10 HomeVersion 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0...
  3. Administrator Account Mystery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account Mystery: I'm new to Win10.------------------------------------------------------------------------Refurbished HP desktop purchased last weekWindows 10 HomeVersion 21H1 Installed on ‎6/‎29/‎2021 OS build 19043.1288 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0...
  4. eM Client Mystery Sound Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eM Client Mystery Sound Notification: Any eM Client experts here? I posted the question below several days ago on eM's own user forum and have had no responses. An incoming message arrives while the eM Client window is minimized. When I click the eM icon in the taskbar to open the window, a "ding" sound is...
  5. Microsoft Account Mystery

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Mystery: My Windows 10 desktop used to be on my Microsoft account. When version 1803 came out, I wiped the hard drive performing a clean install and I set up the PC using a local account, not the MS account. Since that time, I have not signed into Bing (my homepage on Edge) or any MS...
  6. Mysterious 'updates need to be installed' notification

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Mysterious 'updates need to be installed' notification: Windows 10 Home installs updates automatically so it shouldn't be that-but the icon is from the Windows Settings app & the message doesn't further identify what updates need to be installed. Any guesses? 43684
  7. Mystery Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Mystery Account: Been using Windows 10 since Aug and really like it. My problem is when turning on my laptop when it gets tothe logon screen, there is a mystery account has showed up that has my account name on it that it defaults to and password doesn't work *Sad but I can't logon with it. I...
  8. Mysterious notifications (or something) lately

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious notifications (or something) lately: About 2 weeks I noticed something really annoying - but only when using an app in fullscreen mode (ie games, Netflix, etc). Every few minutes Windows would automatically switch to the desktop. As you can imagine, this is SUPER annoying when playing a game. I could not figure...
  9. Mysterious notification sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Mysterious notification sound: Hello. Since this afternoon, I'm having the System notify sound of Windows, with no reason. Notification center is empty. Where can I see what is happening? It's the sound at 2:55 in this video, called "Windows Notify System Generic" K5ARPC-FTHo 88524
  10. Mystery Notification of authentication failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Mystery Notification of authentication failure: Whenever I am on my PC (WIN10) I get periodic popup notifications of a login error due to authentication failure. I am not in Gmail nor have I given permission for any Apps to log in. But I still keep getting authentication failure messages from Gmail or some other agent -- a...